Windows 10: Boot from USB flash drive only with FAT32 and no multi-boot support?

Discus and support Boot from USB flash drive only with FAT32 and no multi-boot support? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a (new) Acer Swift notebook which does not allow to switch/enable Legacy BIOS mode. So I can only disable "Secure Boot" and use UEFI. However... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pstein, Jun 26, 2019.

1. pstein Win User

Boot from USB flash drive only with FAT32 and no multi-boot support?

I have a (new) Acer Swift notebook which does not allow to switch/enable Legacy BIOS mode.
    So I can only disable "Secure Boot" and use UEFI.

However my bootable, GPT and NTFS formatted USB flash drive is NOT recognized or even bootable.
    It works on other computers.

I read that FAT32 should be used.
    Is this really a requirement? No NTFS possible?

Furthermore I read that the bootable USB flash drive MUST NOT contain two boot-variants for 64bit AND 32bit. Only stand-alone 64bit bootloader is allowed.

Is this true?

What about two-in-one bootable USB flash drives which allow booting Legacy-BIOS OR UEFI?
    are these devices accepted?

Thank you
    Peter

:)

pstein, Jun 26, 2019
  2. panchoman Win User

Boot linux on USB drive

it might just be that your bios doesn't support it, but it should anyway.

make sure you go into the bios and make sure "boot other device" is enabled and try seeing if the usb is listed as an hdd.. as bootable flash drives are usually picked up as usb hdd's and check if your bios detects the flash drive.

panchoman, Jun 26, 2019
  3. D-rock Win User
    Help with USB Boot Image

I am trying to boot from my USB flash drive. I followed the instructions step for step that are in the article on this website. I downloaded the HP program and the USB Image zip file. I ran the HP flash program and pointed it to the folder where I unzipped the USB Image files to. I then copied all the files over to the USB memory stick as instructed. When I restart my computer and press F12 to go to the boot menu I have 3 options: SATA hard drive, CD-ROM drive, or USB Device. So I choose USB device and when it reads the USB memory stick all I get is the error "Non-system disk, replace and hit any key" Its like the USB memory is missing some system files or it doesnt have the master boot record or something. Somebody please HELP!!! I want to flash the bios in a new video card and I have to boot to DOS and I dont have a floppy drive and I have Win XP so a USB boot is probably the best option I have.

D-rock, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Ar3s Win User

HD 5870 Bios flash failed

mp3 player is in FAT / FAT32 format ?

Set Boot up first to the drive with hiren bootcd 10.4
    Done...

the options will pop out after loading the disc choose

boot cd

then the list (step by step)

Next...
    Dos....
    USB Drivers....
    Load USB Drivers with no386.....

Ask you load cd drivers. NO
    Ask you load SCSI drivers. NO
    Ask you anything NO.
    USB driver list comes out. 8 Don't choose anything else.

type
    C:\ (that should be your mp3 player if you did it right)

atiflash -i
    to list the adapters

atiflash -p -f 0 ???.bin

done.........

Thema:

1. Boot from USB flash drive only with FAT32 and no multi-boot support? - Similar Threads - Boot USB flash

2. Booting pc from usb flash.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting pc from usb flash.: Hello, i tried to reset my hp compac pc, and unfortunately it crashed. So i bought a new hard drive. Am trying to boot it using a usb flash, but it keeps on telling me 'remove disks or other media, press any key to restart, no bootable device insert boot disk and press any...
  3. Booting pc from usb flash.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting pc from usb flash.: Hello, i tried to reset my hp compac pc, and unfortunately it crashed. So i bought a new hard drive. Am trying to boot it using a usb flash, but it keeps on telling me 'remove disks or other media, press any key to restart, no bootable device insert boot disk and press any...
  4. Converting or formatting a USB flash drive to fat32

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Converting or formatting a USB flash drive to fat32: I either need to reformat or convert a flash drive to fat32. I have read numerous articles and most say go to accessories-system tools-disk converter but there is no disk converter is system tools. I also read an article that says to go to a command prompt and type format X:...
  5. Converting or formatting a USB flash drive to fat32

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Converting or formatting a USB flash drive to fat32: I either need to reformat or convert a flash drive to fat32. I have read numerous articles and most say go to accessories-system tools-disk converter but there is no disk converter is system tools. I also read an article that says to go to a command prompt and type format X:...
  6. Converting or formatting a USB flash drive to fat32

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Boot from USB flash drive only with FAT32 and no multi-boot support?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot from USB flash drive only with FAT32 and no multi-boot support?: I have a (new) Acer Swift notebook which does not allow to switch/enable Legacy BIOS mode. So I can only disable "Secure Boot" and use UEFI. However my bootable, GPT and NTFS formatted USB flash drive is NOT recognized or even bootable. It works on other computers. I read...
  8. booting win 10 using a fat32 flash drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    booting win 10 using a fat32 flash drive: Help me understand this plaease!!. My laptop has crashed and will not reboot, I beleive I have the "blue screen of death" and auto repair loop of doom. None of the recovery options work including full refresh which deletes everything. So my next step was to download win10 ISO...
  9. Unable to boot from USB Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot from USB Flash Drive: I just tried to create a bootable USB stick for Macrium Reflect on my Dell AIO. The creation went smoothly as did the boot. When I took that stick to my Acer Laptop and tried to boot it I got a message saying, "Remove disk or other menu" followed by "Press any key to...
  10. Unable to boot computer from USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to boot computer from USB flash drive: hello I have a laptop with bitlocker installed and i do have the login keys for that ... i need to fresh install windows 10 on it and whenever i try to boot with bootable usb device , it doenst work .. the machine has windows 8.1 installed .. my query is whether bit locker...