Windows 10: boot from USB

Discus and support boot from USB in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm trying to boot from USB. when I click on my USB which contains flash of ubuntu 18.04.3 iso in the boot option. my pc automatically shuts off and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pal_2020, Feb 1, 2020.

1. pal_2020 Win User

boot from USB

I'm trying to boot from USB. when I click on my USB which contains flash of ubuntu 18.04.3 iso in the boot option. my pc automatically shuts off and restarts

:)

pal_2020, Feb 1, 2020
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

boot from USB nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Feb 1, 2020
  3. D-rock Win User
    Help with USB Boot Image

I am trying to boot from my USB flash drive. I followed the instructions step for step that are in the article on this website. I downloaded the HP program and the USB Image zip file. I ran the HP flash program and pointed it to the folder where I unzipped the USB Image files to. I then copied all the files over to the USB memory stick as instructed. When I restart my computer and press F12 to go to the boot menu I have 3 options: SATA hard drive, CD-ROM drive, or USB Device. So I choose USB device and when it reads the USB memory stick all I get is the error "Non-system disk, replace and hit any key" Its like the USB memory is missing some system files or it doesnt have the master boot record or something. Somebody please HELP!!! I want to flash the bios in a new video card and I have to boot to DOS and I dont have a floppy drive and I have Win XP so a USB boot is probably the best option I have.

D-rock, Feb 1, 2020
  4. thraxed Win User

boot from USB

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

boot from USB

1. boot from USB - Similar Threads - boot USB

2. Windows 11 usb boot issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 usb boot issue: I'm trying to install windows 11 to replace Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS on my pc. Purchased the usb from microsoft and booted into the bios F2 but the windows usb doesn't appear as an option. Tried disengaging secure boot etc, but whatever config I try in the bios / boot manager - no...
  3. Windows 11 usb boot issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 usb boot issue: I'm trying to install windows 11 to replace Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS on my pc. Purchased the usb from microsoft and booted into the bios F2 but the windows usb doesn't appear as an option. Tried disengaging secure boot etc, but whatever config I try in the bios / boot manager - no...
  4. Surface Pro 9 will not boot USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 9 will not boot USB: I have tried every way possible but my surface will NOT boot from USB. I've disabled secure boot, I've disabled bitlocker. I've tried Windows and RUFUS to created a bootable drive. I've tried both ports on the surface, I've tried different USB keys. I've tried booting from...
  5. Surface Pro 9 will not boot USB

Surface Pro 9 will not boot USB: I have tried every way possible but my surface will NOT boot from USB. I've disabled secure boot, I've disabled bitlocker. I've tried Windows and RUFUS to created a bootable drive. I've tried both ports on the surface, I've tried different USB keys. I've tried booting from...
  6. Windows 10 gets stuck when booting from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 gets stuck when booting from USB: So I'm trying to boot my PC from a USB in which there are the Windows 10 files generated with MediaCreationTool.The problem I'm encountering is that when following the normal steps of the installation I'm actually following the next guide: LightJack - Installing Windows 10...
  7. Windows 10 gets stuck when booting from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 gets stuck when booting from USB: So I'm trying to boot my PC from a USB in which there are the Windows 10 files generated with MediaCreationTool.The problem I'm encountering is that when following the normal steps of the installation I'm actually following the next guide: LightJack - Installing Windows 10...
  8. Windows 10 gets stuck when booting from USB

9. Windows 10 gets stuck when booting from USB

10. Windows 10 gets stuck when booting from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade