Windows 10: Boot from USB

Discus and support Boot from USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I am attempting to fix my computer as I am sure it has a virus. I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit on an ASRock B450 Steel Legend motherboard.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Virsa8998, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Virsa8998 Win User

Boot from USB

Hello.

I am attempting to fix my computer as I am sure it has a virus.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit on an ASRock B450 Steel Legend motherboard.

My PC won't load into the OS and the Windows 10 repair tool can't fix the issue, which leaves me in a loop of inability to access the computer. I have tried the reinstall Windows 10 option which does not work, I have tried booting in safe mode which doesn't work either. So now I am trying to boot from a USB drive which I made bootable through CMD to run EasyRE application https://neosmart.net/EasyRE/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1Lyn6I-m6AIVRoePCh3bOAzHEAAYASAAEgIs8PD_BwE.

However, when I try to boot from the USB, I get a message on a black screen reading:

Remove disks or other media.

Press any key to restart

I don't have any "disks or other media" connected to my PC, unless it is reffering to GPU, RAM etc.?

I have set the USB to priority 1 in BIOS...

Does anyone know why this is occurring and how to fix it??

I'm slowly going crazy, please help.

Thanks!

P.S I'm very new to working outside of the Windows 10 OS, so I'm not BIOS/CMD/troubleshooting savvy. I'm used to applications not code. Please explain to me like I'm a 5 year old!

:)

Virsa8998, Mar 19, 2020
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

Boot from USB nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Mar 19, 2020
  3. D-rock Win User
    Help with USB Boot Image

I am trying to boot from my USB flash drive. I followed the instructions step for step that are in the article on this website. I downloaded the HP program and the USB Image zip file. I ran the HP flash program and pointed it to the folder where I unzipped the USB Image files to. I then copied all the files over to the USB memory stick as instructed. When I restart my computer and press F12 to go to the boot menu I have 3 options: SATA hard drive, CD-ROM drive, or USB Device. So I choose USB device and when it reads the USB memory stick all I get is the error "Non-system disk, replace and hit any key" Its like the USB memory is missing some system files or it doesnt have the master boot record or something. Somebody please HELP!!! I want to flash the bios in a new video card and I have to boot to DOS and I dont have a floppy drive and I have Win XP so a USB boot is probably the best option I have.

D-rock, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Boot from USB

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Boot from USB :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

Boot from USB

1. Boot from USB - Similar Threads - Boot USB

2. Windows 11 usb boot issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 usb boot issue: I'm trying to install windows 11 to replace Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS on my pc. Purchased the usb from microsoft and booted into the bios F2 but the windows usb doesn't appear as an option. Tried disengaging secure boot etc, but whatever config I try in the bios / boot manager - no...
  3. Windows 11 usb boot issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 usb boot issue: I'm trying to install windows 11 to replace Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS on my pc. Purchased the usb from microsoft and booted into the bios F2 but the windows usb doesn't appear as an option. Tried disengaging secure boot etc, but whatever config I try in the bios / boot manager - no...
  4. Surface Pro 9 will not boot USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 9 will not boot USB: I have tried every way possible but my surface will NOT boot from USB. I've disabled secure boot, I've disabled bitlocker. I've tried Windows and RUFUS to created a bootable drive. I've tried both ports on the surface, I've tried different USB keys. I've tried booting from...
  5. Surface Pro 9 will not boot USB

Surface Pro 9 will not boot USB: I have tried every way possible but my surface will NOT boot from USB. I've disabled secure boot, I've disabled bitlocker. I've tried Windows and RUFUS to created a bootable drive. I've tried both ports on the surface, I've tried different USB keys. I've tried booting from...
  6. Windows 10 gets stuck when booting from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 gets stuck when booting from USB: So I'm trying to boot my PC from a USB in which there are the Windows 10 files generated with MediaCreationTool.The problem I'm encountering is that when following the normal steps of the installation I'm actually following the next guide: LightJack - Installing Windows 10...
  7. Windows 10 gets stuck when booting from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 gets stuck when booting from USB: So I'm trying to boot my PC from a USB in which there are the Windows 10 files generated with MediaCreationTool.The problem I'm encountering is that when following the normal steps of the installation I'm actually following the next guide: LightJack - Installing Windows 10...
  8. Windows 10 gets stuck when booting from USB

9. Windows 10 gets stuck when booting from USB

10. Windows 10 gets stuck when booting from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade