Windows 10: Boot Infection

Discus and support Boot Infection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have some type of boot infection. Its on all 7 of my pc's and im pretty sure its on my phones and tablets also. System Restore, Reset or Reinstalling... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TiffRan, Dec 3, 2020.

1. TiffRan Win User

Boot Infection

I have some type of boot infection. Its on all 7 of my pc's and im pretty sure its on my phones and tablets also. System Restore, Reset or Reinstalling windows have no affect at all. The only way im able to see what's going on is by using acronis on boot up. It's showing that my c drive is the reserve and my boot drive is x. Also it shows another folder labeled system that im unable to delete. Under my bootx: drive is $Recycle.Bin that comes back everytime i delete it. Im unable to format x drive either. All of my files are corrupt. New windows installs files are replaced. I can tell by the date. They all end up with the date 7/10/15. I have attached a pic of a log file from windows\system 32 folder Boot Infection [​IMG]

:)

TiffRan, Dec 3, 2020
  2. bruinator Win User

steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, Dec 3, 2020
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Boot Infection

steps taken for infected Pc's.

Hi:

There is no one set of "boilerplate", "cookbook" or standard steps.
    Each computer is unique.
    Each malware infection is unique.
    Proper diagnosis, cleanup and repair depends on the particular infection and the system that is infected.
    The process can be tedious and time-consuming, often requiring the use of multiple powerful tools, in the proper sequence.
    Many of them can actually damage the system if deployed improperly by untrained computer users.

Bottom line:
    Malware cleanup is best done with *customized* support provided by trained individuals who know what tools to use and how to use them.

There are a few folks with such expertise here at this forum (I am not one of them).
    And there are a number of reputable computer disinfection fora where trained malware removal experts provide free, custom assistance.

Cheers,

MoxieMomma, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

Boot Infection

1. Boot Infection - Similar Threads - Boot Infection

2. Remove failed install dual boot kali linux with Windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove failed install dual boot kali linux with Windows11: I tried installing Kali Linux as dual boot, however there were several AMDGPU errors i could not fix, even in the recovery mode. I decided I will go for another linux as dual boot next to Windows 11 at a later stage. First I would like to remove that partition, including all...
  3. Remove failed install dual boot kali linux with Windows11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove failed install dual boot kali linux with Windows11: I tried installing Kali Linux as dual boot, however there were several AMDGPU errors i could not fix, even in the recovery mode. I decided I will go for another linux as dual boot next to Windows 11 at a later stage. First I would like to remove that partition, including all...
  4. My PC doesn't show anything when I boot it up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC doesn't show anything when I boot it up: Before these things happen, I tried to replace the system32 files to install MCPE crack but I failed because I don't have permission to access or replace files there. After I attempted to replace, errors like I describe below started to appearLink to the files I tried to...
  5. My PC doesn't show anything when I boot it up

My PC doesn't show anything when I boot it up: Before these things happen, I tried to replace the system32 files to install MCPE crack but I failed because I don't have permission to access or replace files there. After I attempted to replace, errors like I describe below started to appearLink to the files I tried to...
  6. My PC doesn't show anything when I boot it up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Malware infected PC does not boot :Critical_Process_Died

Malware infected PC does not boot :Critical_Process_Died: I ran a malware infected file which disabled my windows update and its related services which on using a restore point got fixed, however I wanted to know why Windows Defender never prevented the virus so I scanned the infected file which when I downloaded in zip was only 14...
  8. Malware infected PC does not boot :Critical_Process_Died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malware infected PC does not boot :Critical_Process_Died: I ran a malware infected file which disabled my windows update and its related services which on using a restore point got fixed, however I wanted to know why Windows Defender never prevented the virus so I scanned the infected file which when I downloaded in zip was only 14...
  9. Malware infected PC does not boot :Critical_Process_Died

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. PC infected with Defo@boot virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC infected with Defo@boot virus: I ran the boot time scan with free version of Avast. It deleted two files infected with the virus but could not delete third file due to access denied. The file is c,windows,system32,log files,emi,rtbackup,started,view log,system etl. Is it safe to delete it manually after...