Windows 10: Boot.ini

Discus and support Boot.ini in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have the following : 1) a HDD with Windows10_64-bit Windows10_32-bit A number of logical partitions 2) a SSD on which I cloned the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Darwin4Ever, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Boot.ini

Hi,

I have the following :
    1) a HDD with
    • Windows10_64-bit
    • Windows10_32-bit
    • A number of logical partitions
    2) a SSD on which I cloned the HDD/Windows10_32-bit
    3) a bootmanager which allows me to select which partition to boot.

Booting from the SSD/Windows10_32-bit doesn't work !

If I leave the HDD/Windows10_32-bit as bootable, and boot from SSD, actually HDD/Windows10_32-bit is launched
    If I set HDD/Windows10_32-bit as NOT-bootable, and boot from SSD, Windows10 is looping for ever on the Windows10 logo.

In Windows XP this indicated a wrong HDD/partition reference in boot.ini, which could be edited from within another OS to solve that problem.

How can I solve this on the SSD/Windows10_32-bit ? There is no longer a boot.ini and I can't boot into the SSD/Windows10_32-bit

FYI: HDD/Windows10_32-bit remains needed too !!!

:)

Darwin4Ever, Sep 3, 2019
  2. nuva Win User

Snippet C#: INI Files

This code is great, i'm going to use this in one of my programmes *Big Grin Boot.ini :D

is it possible to make a list of all sections in the ini files?

nuva, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Snippet C#: INI Files

GetSections() will return a string[] of section names. If you want the values too, just do a for or for loop to enumerate them. For example:

Code: foreach (string section in ini.GetSections()) { Console.WriteLine("[" + section + "]"); foreach (string key in ini[section].GetKeys()) Console.WriteLine(key + "=" + ini[section][key]); Console.WriteLine(); }[/quote]

FordGT90Concept, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Boot.ini

boot ini change

What is the best/safest way to make changes to your boot ini file? The reason I ask is Windows Hardware Dev Center

I would really love to run use 4 gigs of ram without having to upgrade(give another $100 to microshaft) to a 64 bit OS

BarbaricSoul, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Boot.ini

1. Boot.ini - Similar Threads - Boot ini

2. Win 10will no boot or recover

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10will no boot or recover: Win 10 just froze so I restarted. Asks me what keyboard language to use then goes to a troubleshooting menu. System restore and a couple other recovery options in that menu completely failed. chkdsk /f /r wont run cuz the drive is write protected. I tried to create a...
  3. Inaccessible Boot Device BSOD after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Inaccessible Boot Device BSOD after Windows Update: Hello guys! Unfortunately, I'm facing a frustrating problem with my pc. Sunday, I wanted to insert a usb stick for copying some docs on it and only heard the sound of plugging so I thought that a Restart will fix it. I went to start menu and saw it said "Update and Restart",...
  4. win 10 boot repair

win 10 boot repair: how do I repair win 10 mbr https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-boot-repair/e036a4ec-e12f-4ae0-a7fb-c16e8ec68d1b
  5. Boot menu @ startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot menu @ startup: How to stop boot menu @ startup in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-menu-startup/9d13da18-285d-4fdb-9fd3-607cf4cf1fe5
  6. How To View OS Boot Information At Windows Startup?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To View OS Boot Information At Windows Startup?: Hello, How To View OS Boot Information At Windows Startup? I checked 'OS Boot Information' but I don't see anything is startup. [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows 10 boot images are now blurry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 boot images are now blurry: After a recent auto upgrade to Windows 10 last week, which always introduces a new boot up image or two, the new images are just a blurry screen. As the image appears it rapidly goes blurry/unviewable, before the icon and then the desktop. There have been some exceptional...
  8. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE error

INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE error: Hello. I am trying to start my computer, yet it keeps saying "Inaccessible Boot Device". I tried loading into BIOS and changing from AHCI to IDE. But i only have AHCI and RAID. I tried loading into safe mode. But while trying to load into safe mode. I get the same error....
  9. Windows tries to boot from wrong drive

Windows tries to boot from wrong drive: Good morning! A few months ago I replaced my original HDD with an SSD, which is now called Drive C: and contains the OS (Win 10). When I first did this I simply disconnected the HDD and Windows always booted from the new SSD without an issue. Recently I decided to...
  10. PC displays nothing past Windows load - Need to boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC displays nothing past Windows load - Need to boot into safe mode: I could just boot into safe mode by distrupting loading 3 times, but that does not work on my outdated windows 10 (update problem). I have no installation disks and cannot aquire one. I can still pass the login screen, but no display, due to a program preventing it from...