Windows 10: Boot.ini

Discus and support Boot.ini in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have the following : 1) a HDD with Windows10_64-bit Windows10_32-bit A number of logical partitions 2) a SSD on which I cloned the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Darwin4Ever, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Boot.ini

Hi,

I have the following :
    1) a HDD with
    • Windows10_64-bit
    • Windows10_32-bit
    • A number of logical partitions
    2) a SSD on which I cloned the HDD/Windows10_32-bit
    3) a bootmanager which allows me to select which partition to boot.

Booting from the SSD/Windows10_32-bit doesn't work !

If I leave the HDD/Windows10_32-bit as bootable, and boot from SSD, actually HDD/Windows10_32-bit is launched
    If I set HDD/Windows10_32-bit as NOT-bootable, and boot from SSD, Windows10 is looping for ever on the Windows10 logo.

In Windows XP this indicated a wrong HDD/partition reference in boot.ini, which could be edited from within another OS to solve that problem.

How can I solve this on the SSD/Windows10_32-bit ? There is no longer a boot.ini and I can't boot into the SSD/Windows10_32-bit

FYI: HDD/Windows10_32-bit remains needed too !!!

:)

Darwin4Ever, Sep 3, 2019
  2. nuva Win User

Snippet C#: INI Files

This code is great, i'm going to use this in one of my programmes *Big Grin Boot.ini :D

is it possible to make a list of all sections in the ini files?

nuva, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Snippet C#: INI Files

GetSections() will return a string[] of section names. If you want the values too, just do a for or for loop to enumerate them. For example:

Code: foreach (string section in ini.GetSections()) { Console.WriteLine("[" + section + "]"); foreach (string key in ini[section].GetKeys()) Console.WriteLine(key + "=" + ini[section][key]); Console.WriteLine(); }[/quote]

FordGT90Concept, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Boot.ini

boot ini change

What is the best/safest way to make changes to your boot ini file? The reason I ask is Windows Hardware Dev Center

I would really love to run use 4 gigs of ram without having to upgrade(give another $100 to microshaft) to a 64 bit OS

BarbaricSoul, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Boot.ini

1. Boot.ini - Similar Threads - Boot ini

2. Boot loop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot loop.: Hi,I have Fusion 5 laptop and it is stuck in boot loop. I read posted articles on this issue and download IOS media files on USB. After it boots, it does not install. Can you please tell me steps to resolve this issue. Thank you....
  3. Boot loop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot loop.: Hi,I have Fusion 5 laptop and it is stuck in boot loop. I read posted articles on this issue and download IOS media files on USB. After it boots, it does not install. Can you please tell me steps to resolve this issue. Thank you....
  4. Boot loop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Linux can see my HDD but not windows after a dual boot

Linux can see my HDD but not windows after a dual boot: Hello everyone so first of all i know this might not be the perfect forum to post this but i am really starting to get desperate : So like the title says I can access my HDD on Linux mint but absolutely not in windows. this happend after a dual boot install of cinnamon mint....
  6. Linux can see my HDD but not windows after a dual boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Linux can see my HDD but not windows after a dual boot: Hello everyone so first of all i know this might not be the perfect forum to post this but i am really starting to get desperate : So like the title says I can access my HDD on Linux mint but absolutely not in windows. this happend after a dual boot install of cinnamon mint....
  7. Linux can see my HDD but not windows after a dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. VGA light after boot pc but work fine after rest CMOS and boot manullay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VGA light after boot pc but work fine after rest CMOS and boot manullay: My pc work fine, but now when i boot it gets stuck on the VGA light, but when i rest CMOS and go to bios and chose F8 run from specific drive work fine, if i restart the pc problem comes again. I check bios boot setting...
  9. VGA light after boot pc but work fine after rest CMOS and boot manullay

VGA light after boot pc but work fine after rest CMOS and boot manullay: My pc work fine, but now when i boot it gets stuck on the VGA light, but when i rest CMOS and go to bios and chose F8 run from specific drive work fine, if i restart the pc problem comes again. I check bios boot setting...
  10. VGA light after boot pc but work fine after rest CMOS and boot manullay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware