Windows 10: Boot Issue Repair via another PC?

Discus and support Boot Issue Repair via another PC? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a BSOD "unmountable boot" and when I try to boot a Windows media USB, it won't boot it, it goes black and freezes. Media boot loads if HDD is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChrisPydtank, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Boot Issue Repair via another PC?

I have a BSOD "unmountable boot" and when I try to boot a Windows media USB, it won't boot it, it goes black and freezes.

Media boot loads if HDD is removed. I assume then either 1, the boot files are corrupt, making all booting fail or 2, the HDD has failed.

Is there any way to repair the BSOD if I plug the HDD with a USB adaptor to another computer?

I would assume you can't SFC or Chkdsk the drive unless it's the primary boot drive drive?

:)

ChrisPydtank, Apr 8, 2020

2. PC will not boot or self repair

Thank you. However, after creating an ISO DVD and following your detailed directions, I still cannot boot my pc.

After booting with the ISO, and selecting Startup Repair, the application went through "diagnosing your pc" TO "attempting repairs" then "startup repair couldn't repair your pc."

I think I also found out how this mess started. I have a picture I can forward if requeted that shows system restore showed that there was an apparent windows update that took place, unbeknownst to me, at exactly the same time! It didn't allow me to
    access it, or any other listed restore point.

Anyway, I'm still unable to work. Whats my next step?

Harris Guilmette, Apr 8, 2020
  3. HELP! Windows 10 automatic repair couldn't repair PC. Details below

Hi Matthew,

As you are facing issue withAutomatic Repair, we would assist you for sure.

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details

• I tried system restore” What is the error exact error message you received?

If automatic repair fails, you may try to repair them using these commands through Command Prompt under Advanced Options. Follow the steps:

Since you have done most of the troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to try repairing the Boot Configuration Data through the command prompt by following the steps below and check if it helps.

I suggest you re-built the boot record by following the below commands and check if it helps.

You will have to use Windows 10 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.

• bootrec /fixmbr

• bootrec /fixboot

• bootrec /scanos

• bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Boot Issue Repair via another PC?

PC shows Automatic Repair screen after booting

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

Refer the steps mentioned below to restart the computer in Safe Mode:

1. On the Choose an option screen, click on Troubleshoot.
    2. Click on Advanced options.
    3. Click on StartupSettings and click on
      Restart.
    4. After the device restarts, you will see list of options. Select option
      5 or press F5 to boot the computer into
      Safe Mode with Networking

After restarting the computer in Safe mode, refer the steps mentioned in my earlier response to perform clean boot and see if the PC boots normally.

If the computer doesn't boot,
    I would also suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the section
    Use installation media to restore your PC from the article
    Recovery options in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Boot Issue Repair via another PC?

1. Boot Issue Repair via another PC? - Similar Threads - Boot Issue Repair

2. Stuck in pc repair boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in pc repair boot: So everytime I updated windows my keyboard stopped working. I uninstalled the latest widows updates using cmd and now my pc boots in repair mode every time I turn it on. To do anything is requires me to type in my password which I reset because it keeps telling me it's...
  3. Stuck in pc repair boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in pc repair boot: So everytime I updated windows my keyboard stopped working. I uninstalled the latest widows updates using cmd and now my pc boots in repair mode every time I turn it on. To do anything is requires me to type in my password which I reset because it keeps telling me it's...
  4. Stuck in pc repair boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. repair windows 11 disk on another PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    repair windows 11 disk on another PC: I have an HP All-in-one that has failed to boot.Running from a setup USB - repair -troubleshootsystem auto repair failedrun chkdsk /f /r ran but detected no issues - boot still failed with tiny twirly circle following mouse as beforesfc / scannow failed.bootrec /rebuild bcd...
  6. repair windows 11 disk on another PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    repair windows 11 disk on another PC: I have an HP All-in-one that has failed to boot.Running from a setup USB - repair -troubleshootsystem auto repair failedrun chkdsk /f /r ran but detected no issues - boot still failed with tiny twirly circle following mouse as beforesfc / scannow failed.bootrec /rebuild bcd...
  7. Pc booting into Automatic repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pc booting into Automatic repair: Last nighth I decided to restart my computor because it wasnt working right it was really slow no programs would open and when I restarted it it went straight into “the loop”. Ive tried everything nothing works reinstalling windows tried every single option it gives me...
  8. (Yet another) Automatic repair boot loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    (Yet another) Automatic repair boot loop: I've been working to find solutions all day. Restarting doesnt work. I cant system restore because I didnt know it existed as a concept, and thus dont have any saved. (Though that will change after this) I cant bring up safe mode (it just reenters me into the cycle) , but...
  9. Booting and repair issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Booting and repair issues: Hello, I have been unable to boot to my Windows 10 desktop since yesterday. I outline when/how it happened as well most of the things I've tried below. I put my computer to sleep, all was normal, and when I tried to wake it up the system got stuck on startup at the...
  10. Another Windows Automatic Repair Loop Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Another Windows Automatic Repair Loop Issue: Better to say it at start: it all finished with fresh Windows 10 install, but I would like to hear opinion or two, since this adventure was quite a surprise to me. Couple of days ago, friend called me and stated, that his PC won't boot into Windows (was 8.1 at the time, I...