Windows 10: Boot Issue, Start-Up Repair Fixes Temporarily

Discus and support Boot Issue, Start-Up Repair Fixes Temporarily in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Dell Precision 3430. I am installing Win 10 Pro via USB and, while the installation is successful, the OS fails to load upon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PhilipHeebsh, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Boot Issue, Start-Up Repair Fixes Temporarily

Hello,

I have a Dell Precision 3430. I am installing Win 10 Pro via USB and, while the installation is successful, the OS fails to load upon rebooting.

Re-inserting the install USB and performing startup repair is successful, and I can get to the desktop. But, upon rebooting, no boot device is found.

I've already spent a good deal of time mucking around with the drive itself in diskpart, MiniTool Partition Wizard and the like.
    In fact, I even replaced the M.2 drive with a SATA SSD, installed Windows 10 Pro onto that, and the issue remains.

No boot device found after restarting.

USB drives are always detected.

UEFI sees the hard drive, whether PCIe or SATA.

Startup repair always fixes the issue.

So.. error with the install media? motherboard issue? There's jumpers on the mobo, but the manual says they set/clear a password.

:)

PhilipHeebsh, Nov 17, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Windows won't start or repair

Hi,

This issue may occur due to a
    missing/corrupted system files. We suggest that you perform these methods
    of troubleshooting steps to fix this matter:

Method 1:
    Run SFC Scan.

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.

This will check and run an auto-repair on the issue.

Method 2:
    Run DISM Tool.

After running the
    SFC scan
    and the issue still persist, run the
    DISM
    to check the system health and to try restoring the files. To run
    DISM tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 18, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Boot Issue, Start-Up Repair Fixes Temporarily

Windows Start issue

Try this:

Right click on your start menu, and click on System:

Boot Issue, Start-Up Repair Fixes Temporarily [​IMG]

When the system window comes up, click on Advanced System Settings:

There, click on Startup and Recovery:

Then in the top menu you will have a choice of OSs. Select the one you want to boot to defaultly and uncheck the box for "Time to display list of operating systems."

That should make it boot into Windows 10 without your intervention.

ArazelEternal, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Boot Issue, Start-Up Repair Fixes Temporarily

1. Boot Issue, Start-Up Repair Fixes Temporarily - Similar Threads - Boot Issue Start

2. Start up repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start up repair: I left my PC alone for a while and I looked back to it and it showed a blue screen, then a black one. My PC turned on again and it took me to a repair screen. I clicked on advanced repair to restart my computer but the options weren't there. I've tried everything, I even...
  3. start up repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    start up repair loop: Hi there, I recently ran into a start up repair loop, looked at many ways to fix it but not had any success as of yet. My PC is a home build and I'm using windows 10. The last time I had a successful start up I authorised an update for windows, perhaps this was corrupted...
  4. Start-up Repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start-up Repair: I need recovery key. I can't log in, display message says to retrieve this key, go http//windows.microsoft.com/recoverykeyfaq from another PC or mobile, key ID 43D89053 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-repair/75571561-b5bd-440b-a1b8-40fb5f307e20
  5. Automatic Repair Starts When Booting Up but it Doesn't Work

Automatic Repair Starts When Booting Up but it Doesn't Work: When I boot up my computer and Windows 10 it automatically goes to automatic repair. When it is done I am left with a black screen and the mouse cursor. It started yesterday when my computer just froze. I have tried to boot into safe mode and it will not let me. I've also...
  6. Automatic Repair isn’t fixing the issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic Repair isn’t fixing the issue: My computer has been stuck trying to do automatic repair but its not fixing any issue. Ive tried multiple things to get it to work but nothing is working. My last option was to reset the PC (hopefully keeping my files) but neither removing everything or keeping my files...
  7. Booting and repair issues

Booting and repair issues: Hello, I have been unable to boot to my Windows 10 desktop since yesterday. I outline when/how it happened as well most of the things I've tried below. I put my computer to sleep, all was normal, and when I tried to wake it up the system got stuck on startup at the...
  8. Automatic Repair Started on Boot?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Automatic Repair Started on Boot?: I updated to Windows 10 about 2 weeks ago. Today on starting the PC, the initial BIOS splash screen displayed a while longer than usual then Windows decided to enter an Automatic Repair. I had this happen about a year ago in Windows 8 so repeated what I did then - I just...
  9. Start up repair... unsuccessful!?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start up repair... unsuccessful!?: Here's the skinny ^^ Installed Win10... Didn't like it. Tried revert to Win7 via Settings/Update-Recovery. Now all I get is... [img] Then I get... [img] Then... [img] Tried msconfig from command window (read in another thread)... How to...
  10. Issues on boot up

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues on boot up: Hi, I have a old Lenovo SL500 that I use as a cheap media box. I've got Windows 10 installed on it and it has been running great up until this morning. When I came down it was not responding to RDP requests and it was not listed on Teamviewer. Looking at the machine all...