Windows 10: Boot Issue with 2 monitors: I Just upgraded my GPU

Discus and support Boot Issue with 2 monitors: I Just upgraded my GPU in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a custom PC running windows 10: MOBO: ASUS TUF gaming X570 Plus CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 2x8GB DDR4 3600... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JasonConstant33, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Boot Issue with 2 monitors: I Just upgraded my GPU

I have a custom PC running windows 10:

MOBO: ASUS TUF gaming X570 Plus

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 2x8GB DDR4 3600 PC4-28800

GPU: ASUS ROG-STRIX-RX5700XT-O8G-GAMING

When I boot with one monitor connected, I have no issue. When I boot with 2 connected on try to connect two when the PC is on, my resolution on original monitor HDMI 1080p gets reduced to 1280 x 1024, the other monitor appears to be connected in display settings, but does not display anything. And I get massive input lag and my PC is unusable until I unplug the second monitor DP 1080p 144hz.

Extra details:

• I have resinstalled GPU drivers, I have checked my MOBO driver tool and the rest of my drivers are up to date including BIOS. I have rebooted several times:
    • The first time I booted yesterday with 2 monitors, I had no issues and Played a game while streaming twitch on my second monitor for 6+ hours with no issues Yesterday, so I am confused about what brought about this issue, started when I tried to wake my PC from sleep after this 6 hour session last night.

PS: I may have an issue with the seating of my GPU into my MOBO, because the clip that holds this new GPU is stuck I cannot release it by pressing it with a screwdriver. If this could be a seating issue, I will, mess with this clip until I can force my card out and try my second PCIE 4.0 slot.

Thank you in advance.

:)

JasonConstant33, Feb 20, 2020

2. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Feb 20, 2020
  3. kb1997 Win User
    Computer won't boot with 2 monitors connected

I've been having this problem for about a year now. When I built my PC, I only had one monitor and everything ran smoothly and fine but as soon as I added a second monitor there is a 50/50 chance that my PC will boot up with two monitors connected.

When I turn my PC on it will turn on but nothing will display on both monitors and I get a white Light (CPU) error code on my Asus mobo (strix 270-e). If I want to start my PC with two monitors I have to unplug one monitor, boot up, then plug in the second
    monitor and everything is fine. I use DP to DP and HDMI to HDMI so I know its not the cables.

Also, I originally had a GTX 1050ti and when I upgraded to two monitors the problem started happening. I assumed it was the GPU so I waited and then bought a GTX 1070ti a while later. Same problem is still happening so I know its not the GPU. I also tried moving
    the GPUs to different slots in the mobo and same problem so the slots are fine as well.

I have tried Uninstalling and reinstalling windows and reverting to default on my BIOS settings and nothing happens. I have also tried configuring multi displays in the BIOS and that didn't do anything either.

Any suggestions? Thanks for the help in advance.

kb1997, Feb 20, 2020
  4. Boot Issue with 2 monitors: I Just upgraded my GPU

Computer won't boot with 2 monitors connected

Hello. Recently I have changed my GPU to Sapphire RX 570. I have two old monitors with VGA connections. Previously I used to plug my second monitor to motherboard and my main monitor through HDMI-VGA adapter to my GPU. Since my new GPU have 2 HDMI connections
    and im usually watching something while gaming on my second monitor I wanted to reduce load on my CPU and bought new HDMI - VGA adapter. Its a bit different than my other one. Once I connected second monitor through adapter I was able to see that two monitors
    were working on extended mode quite good but it only lasted for around 1 min. After that both monitors went off and were displaying no signal. It went on bootloop. I could see through both monitors while it was loading through bios and even while windows
    were connecting to user account. But once spinner with account name were almost finished boot loop started again with both monitors showing no signal once again. Basically I cannot boot my PC to Windows when both monitors are connected to two HDMI slots in
    my GPU.

Things I have tested:

Run both monitors separately for a few hours only on new HDMI - VGA adapter. Both monitors worked fine

Reset BIOS settings to factory defaults

Boot into safe mode then connect second monitor

Remove and reinstall video card drivers

Reinstall windows

Change HDMI adapter slots / change monitor slots

Update Windows

Take out GPU and reseat it again

Restarting multiple times

Powerofmad, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

Boot Issue with 2 monitors: I Just upgraded my GPU

1. Boot Issue with 2 monitors: I Just upgraded my GPU - Similar Threads - Boot Issue monitors

2. Any game I play this lighting glitch happens. It is not an issue with my gpu as I just...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any game I play this lighting glitch happens. It is not an issue with my gpu as I just...: https://www.tiktok.com/@itsjustforfun0000/video/7262132581456448811?is_from_webapp=1&sender_device=pc&web_id=7258836888848041474look at the green boxes, thats the bug. in games that use more lighting its more extream....
  3. i used to have monitor 1 and monitor 2 now it just shows monitor 2 twice.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i used to have monitor 1 and monitor 2 now it just shows monitor 2 twice.: i have 2 monitors. when i try to change the picture in one, i right click to select the monitor but it shows both monitors as monitor 2. it does not give me a choice for monitor 1. i used to have monitor 1 and monitor 2 but now it just shows monitor 2 twice....
  4. i used to have monitor 1 and monitor 2 now it just shows monitor 2 twice.

i used to have monitor 1 and monitor 2 now it just shows monitor 2 twice.: i have 2 monitors. when i try to change the picture in one, i right click to select the monitor but it shows both monitors as monitor 2. it does not give me a choice for monitor 1. i used to have monitor 1 and monitor 2 but now it just shows monitor 2 twice....
  5. Monitor, GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor, GPU: Hello. My monitor has been stuck on 1600x900 since I got it, even though it says it can go to 1920x1080. The settings just don't have the 1920x1080 option and I don't know why, maybe I'm being a bit stupid, but please help!...
  6. Monitor, GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor, GPU: Hello. My monitor has been stuck on 1600x900 since I got it, even though it says it can go to 1920x1080. The settings just don't have the 1920x1080 option and I don't know why, maybe I'm being a bit stupid, but please help!...
  7. Monitor, GPU

8. should I just RMA my gpu?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    should I just RMA my gpu?: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎19/‎09/‎2021 4:31 pmStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff8487b3994010Parameter 2:...
  9. I have 2 GPU's on my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have 2 GPU's on my laptop: [ATTACH] hello, sorry in advance if my English isn't good. I've just bought a laptop with NVIDIA GPU so I could do some graphic work more efficiently.anyway, the laptop arrived today and I noticed I also have 'Intel(R) Iris(R) Plus Graphics' installed. when using the...
  10. 2 monitor minor issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 monitor minor issue: Hello all. I have a tv plugged to my pc as second monitor. Thing is, boot screen would appear on my 2nd monitor (TV) instead of main monitor. Even if TV is off. I would see image once the lock screen would appear. 'Main monitor' option on Screen was selected. Solutions?...