Windows 10: Boot issue with Multiple Drives Connected

Discus and support Boot issue with Multiple Drives Connected in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Thank you... Just running through that option again must have done something as everything was set as expected. Went into Set-up and first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LannyD, Apr 4, 2018.

1. LannyD Win User

Boot issue with Multiple Drives Connected

Thank you...

Just running through that option again must have done something as everything was set as expected.

Went into Set-up and first confirmed boot order.
    1st Boot - CD / DVD
    2nd Boot - Hard Disk WDC ....

Also went into Hard Disk Drive BBS Priorities to confirm that the other hard drives were not listed and were set to disabled.
    Only option was the drive I wanted.

Save and reboot.... and nearly immediately went into PC Problem Collecting Data.

Was preparing to write down any info that came up but very next item was something I had never seen before.

User Name / Password Incorrect

Believe option at bottom of that dialog was just continue or something of that nature as after I cleared that system booted as expected and all three drives are now listed correctly.

Maybe after everything I did, just needed a revisit to the bios to refresh (shrug) but whatever it was it went through 100% this time and booted as expected.

Thanks again and than you for your service to the country.

LannyD, Apr 4, 2018
  2. LannyD Win User

Have come to the experts as I have failed...

Older system took a power hit (or something) as I arrived home to find a dead system that now only boots into windows Vista. This is a surprise in that I completely forgot I had a folder with the OS still on the computer.
    Connect only HD #1 and system boots to windows 10 fine, can also connect HD #3 as it is just a media storage drive. Issue is when I connect HD #2. From that point on, nothing I have done allows for me to boot into windows 10 and only thing that works is booting into Vista from HD #2.
    Was able to get to a point where I thought I had a dual boot system, however; windows 10 still wouldn't load.
    HD #1 is C: Drive, HD #2 comes up as D.

I'm currently up and running with just the one drive and this is the boot manager / boot loader that works.

Boot issue with Multiple Drives Connected [​IMG]

thank you for your time in trying to solve this one. I'm sure it's easy for someone!

:)

LannyD, Apr 28, 2018
  3. Mini D Win User
    not loaded windows 10 - ntldr is missing

I have had this same issue multiple times and each time the boot drive order has been wrong where it's put my bootable drive at the end of the boot sequence. In order to fix go into the BIOS and put your bootable drive as the first option (generally when
    this issue happens it puts my disc drive as first). If you are unsure which drive to select you can test by force booting a specific drive. Once you've determined which drive is your bootable drive with Windows on it you can then go into the BIOS and make
    sure that is your first boot drive in order.

Mini D, Apr 28, 2018
  4. Boot issue with Multiple Drives Connected

Bootloader for Thumbdrive ?

Hi, I want to put multiple boot discs for multiple computers on one thumb drive. I assume I need to create a multiple bootloader on the thumbdrive so I can select which boot loader I want for each computer when the computer boots into the thumbdrive, correct
    ?

StraightWorld, Apr 28, 2018
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Your problem isn't with the BCD (Windows boot loader) - it's the boot priorities in BIOS/UEFI.

You have to enter BIOS/UEFI setup and change the boot order back to HDD#1 (it might be #0 in BIOS/UEFI) as the first priority, and this has to be done with all three drives connected.

NavyLCDR, Apr 28, 2018
Thema:

Boot issue with Multiple Drives Connected

1. Boot issue with Multiple Drives Connected - Similar Threads - Boot issue Multiple

2. Multiple Hard Drives/ Multiple Boots/Corrupt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple Hard Drives/ Multiple Boots/Corrupt: So, I have two different drives I use to boot my PC. One came with the PC, it's HDD, it has an OS with Windows 10 on it. The second is an m.2 SSD, I mainly use this one. The second has Windows 11 with all my saved games. Recently I've been trying to overclock my CPU, and...
  3. Multiple Hard Drives/ Multiple Boots/Corrupt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Hard Drives/ Multiple Boots/Corrupt: So, I have two different drives I use to boot my PC. One came with the PC, it's HDD, it has an OS with Windows 10 on it. The second is an m.2 SSD, I mainly use this one. The second has Windows 11 with all my saved games. Recently I've been trying to overclock my CPU, and...
  4. Multiple Hard Drives/ Multiple Boots/Corrupt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Connecting Multiple Displays Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting Multiple Displays Issue: Hello. I am having an issue of connecting multiple displays through my Motherboard's HDMI port and My Graphics card's HDMI port, I want to use my Motherboard's HDMI and my Graphics card's HDMI at the same time, I have NVIDIA GeForce GT 710. And my pc does support multiple...
  6. Connecting Multiple Displays Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting Multiple Displays Issue: Hello. I am having an issue of connecting multiple displays through my Motherboard's HDMI port and My Graphics card's HDMI port, I want to use my Motherboard's HDMI and my Graphics card's HDMI at the same time, I have NVIDIA GeForce GT 710. And my pc does support multiple...
  7. Boot options with multiple drives.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot options with multiple drives.: Question for you guys from basically a Windows rookie. I have been on linux and osx for about 15 years now so a lot of stuff has changed. I was recently given a new work laptop with win10 to use from home and was actually pretty happy because of the nice size screen on it....
  8. Multiple issues with connecting airpods

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple issues with connecting airpods: Issue one: When I connect my airpods (they're the airpods 2) to my pc (dell inspiration 3847), the audio quality is absolutely atrocious. Its so bad it gives me a headache. Issue two: when I try to connect my airpods to my Microsoft surface pro 6, they connect for less than...
  9. Multiple connecting issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple connecting issues: I'm not sure what the problem is but every now and then when I start up my pc I get all these issues together. Other times on start up everything is fine. Some of the issues I have found are: -Can't move chrome tabs to a separate window -Can't click on any windows when...
  10. Multiple USB boot drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple USB boot drive: Hi. Is there a way to have a single USB drive (thumb / external HDD / etc.) that allows a choice which, say, partition I want to boot from. Example reason: having several recovery OSs (Hirens / Kaspersky / Win10 (x86 / x64) some or all) all on one drive, but independently...