Windows 10: Boot issues after windows install attempt

Discus and support Boot issues after windows install attempt in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Samsung 850 Evo 1TB which is being used as my boot drive. I also have a Samsung SM951 m.2 NVME 128GB drive which is much faster. I used to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by timkelly0810, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Boot issues after windows install attempt

I have a Samsung 850 Evo 1TB which is being used as my boot drive. I also have a Samsung SM951 m.2 NVME 128GB drive which is much faster. I used to have windows installed on my m.2 drive, but due to unfortunate circumstances, everything on my pc was wiped and the 850 Evo was used as the boot drive. Since the 850 Evo boots in under 20 seconds, I haven't been hard pressed to switch back to the m.2 drive as a boot drive. I was bored today and decided to try installing windows onto the m.2 drive. As far as I know, I did NOTHING to the 850 Evo... Well, now I am getting the blue screen at startup saying:
    "Recovery
    You're PC/Device needs to be repaired.......
    File: \Windows\system32\winload.efi
    Error Code: 0xc000000e

I've tried everything I can find readily available to me on the internet such as all of the repair features you can get to by pressing F1 on the above mentioned screen. I've performed the bootrec command functions, no help.
    The only thing that has helped is pressing f1, going to the advanced options, more options, restart, pressing 8 to disable antimalware detection during startup. Only by doing that can I get to my desktop. I've found a way to permanently disable the antimalware detection during startup, but I don't want to do this. I want my computer to boot how it did before, normally. Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

timkelly0810, Mar 5, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Boot issues after windows install attempt

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Boot issues after windows install attempt

1. Boot issues after windows install attempt - Similar Threads - Boot issues install

2. Can’t sign into windows after attempted clean boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t sign into windows after attempted clean boot.: My computer kept blue screening so I attempted a clean boot, but I think I accidentally disabled the wrong programs. Now my start screen just says “Something happened and your pin isn’t available. Click to reset your pin” but it wont let me reset it. And its giving me an...
  3. Unable to boot windows after attempting drive transfer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to boot windows after attempting drive transfer: I was recently trying to transfer windows from an HDD to an SSD that I had bought but seem to have run into all sorts of issues. I ensured everything was prepared and made a backup with system image as well as formatted the new SSD and all the steps I read online I needed to...
  4. After installation and re-installation, boot issues continue...

in Windows 10 Support
    After installation and re-installation, boot issues continue...: Although there is already a thread, I open a new one because I would like to give a more detailed description of the extremely annoying situation I'm in. About a month ago I switched from Win 7 to Win 10. My Win 7 system: SSD - Win 7 greek (Samsung SSD 840 Pro 128 Gb) HDD 1...
  5. windows won't boot after numerous failed attempts to install an update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows won't boot after numerous failed attempts to install an update: So for the past week or two my laptop has been failing to install an update (it wasn't one of the major updates) and had been giving me the removing updates screen after which windows loaded. I was getting sick of that earlier so I decided to uninstall it and install it...
  6. After installing KB4524148 boot issue

After installing KB4524148 boot issue: Hello, After installing KB4524148 several users called because their laptops shows only the dell boot screen. Restarting the laptop does not solve the issue. Last month updates also causes laptops with boot issues. Only option in this case is to re-image the laptop in SCCM....
  7. Cannot boot Windows 10 after attempting a Hackintosh

Cannot boot Windows 10 after attempting a Hackintosh: Hello, recently I was attempting a Hackintosh. My goal was to do a dual-boot with Windows and MacOS. Knowing I had a Ryzen CPU I knew this was going to be hard but I finally found a video to follow. Halfway through the tutorial, I realized that the tutorial was about single...
  8. Issues NOT booting after a clean Windows 10 install

Issues NOT booting after a clean Windows 10 install: Hi, My system lost it's functionality, hanging in different applications etc. So I decided to 'reset' this failed twice, once with keep files and once with remove everything. As I could still use the system I downloaded the MCT and created on a USB, so far no issues. Boot...
  9. issue after attempting to install SQL Server 2017 on Windows 10

issue after attempting to install SQL Server 2017 on Windows 10: Hi Microsoft team, I am having the same issue after attempting to install SQL Server 2017 on Windows 10. Can we get some assistance please? Thanks, Lovepreet...
  10. Hard drive space issue after re-install attempt

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard drive space issue after re-install attempt: Hi, N.w to this forum, recently purchased a second HP Pavillion dv6 which had been converted o Windows 10 Pro. this being on a 120GB hard drive,had 4gig memory, I have now installed a new 500GB hard drive which I have cloned this operating system from the old 120GB hard drive...