Windows 10: Boot issues; "secure boot violation"

Discus and support Boot issues; "secure boot violation" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a acer desktop pc running windows 10. When booting i get a red box with the message "Secure boot violation: invalid signature detected. check... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HW00, Feb 26, 2021.

1. HW00 Win User

Boot issues; "secure boot violation"

I have a acer desktop pc running windows 10.

When booting i get a red box with the message "Secure boot violation: invalid signature detected. check secure boot policy in setup"

I've tried turning off the secure boot in BIOS but it just leads to a permanent 'acer' screen once i start it up after.

I have been able to use alt-f10 to open trouble shooting once, but after attempting a reset to no avail i have not been able to get back to it since. If i press f12 on startup it takes me to boot options, when i enter ok on windows boot manager the only option there i get a permanent black screen.

Any help to fix this is appreciated.

:)

2. Secure Boot Violation error

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you receive a warning regarding Secure Boot Violation when booting the PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below:

1. What is the make and model of the PC?
      2. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and see if that helps.

Method 1:

Try loading the BIOS to default settings and see if the issue persist. You may want to get in touch with the manufacturer of the PC for further assistance with resetting BIOS.

In addition, you can check if any update for BIOS is available and try updating the BIOS by contacting the manufacturer.

Note: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems
    resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Method 2:

Disable Driver Signature Enforcement, and see if you are able to boot to Windows normally.

1. Now press Windows +
      S key together to open Search.
    2. Now type CMD and select Run as administrator.
    3. Accept the UAC prompts.
    4. Type in the following command and hit Enter:

bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks on
    5. Restart the PC

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 26, 2021
  3. Secure Boot Violation

I have searched for an answer to my problem but I can't find one.

When I start my PC, it starts with the lenovo logo and then shows:

Secure Boot Violation

Invalid signature detected. Check Secure Boot Policy in Setup

Ok

I have disabled Secure Boot and it just stays on the Lenovo logo.

Please help cause I need it for school work.

TravyGravy, Feb 26, 2021
  4. Boot issues; "secure boot violation"

Boot error "secure boot violation invalid signature detected check secure boot policy in setup ".

Hi Sebastian,

The issue is you are getting an error “secure boot violation - invalid signature detected”. We need some more information to assist you in a better way.

• Do you get any error code along with the error message?
    • How did you install Windows 10? Was it upgrade or clean install?
    • When you get a lot of words, is it on a blue screen?
    • Have you updated chipset and BIOS drivers?
    • Are you able to boot to the desktop?
    • Did you try to boot in safe mode? If yes, were you able to boot?
    Here is something we may try and check if this helps in resolving the issue with the error secure boot violation - invalid signature detected.

Method 1: Disable security boot

I would also suggest you to disable the secure boot and check. When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be any of the function key (eg: F12). Restart the computer; keep pressing the
    Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu. Disable the secure boot option and check.

Method 2: Disable driver signature enforcement.

Please refer the link.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Note: Refer Disable driver signature enforcement in the link above.

You may contact the computer manufacturer for further assistance if this doesn’t resolve the issue for changes in BIOS (Basic Input/output system).

Note: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this helps. Please get back to us with more information if the issue persists, or if you have any queries related to Windows. We are here to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

Boot issues; "secure boot violation"

1. Boot issues; "secure boot violation" - Similar Threads - Boot issues secure

2. secure boot violation, but I need secure boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    secure boot violation, but I need secure boot: Hi, I know how to disable secure boot and everthing works fine after I disable the setting.But in order to play valorant I need secure boot enabled. My question is how do I keep secure boot enable without getting the error message.I am in UEFI mode and everything works fine...
  3. secure boot violation, but I need secure boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    secure boot violation, but I need secure boot: Hi, I know how to disable secure boot and everthing works fine after I disable the setting.But in order to play valorant I need secure boot enabled. My question is how do I keep secure boot enable without getting the error message.I am in UEFI mode and everything works fine...
  4. secure boot violation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    secure boot violation: Bonjour, suite à une mise à jour de mon ordinateur, je rencontre plusieurs soucis lors du redémarrage. Dans un premier temps le défaut suivant s'affiche: secure boot violation Invalid signature detected. check secure boot policy in setup. Je tape sur entrer puis...
  5. Secure boot violation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Secure boot violation: I have an Asus laptop and it has almost 5 years. I opened my laptop today and this message on a red rectangle appeared "secure boot violation" and it had no code but a button on which was "ok". To be honest at first i was thinking thaf it had to deal with the signature so i...
  6. Secure Boot Violation error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Secure Boot Violation error: Hey guys, Any idea as to why I get this error? Since I bought the laptop OS-Free and installed windows 10 I get this everytime I turn it on. If i press enter everything is fine, but it just doesn't seem ok to have this error all the time.[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] /// So ,...
  7. Secure boot violation

Secure boot violation: After my Asus laptop did an automatic upgrade i keep getting the message ”Invalid signature detection. Check Secure Boot Policy in Setup” I press ok and get to a blue/grey Aptio Setup Utility. I’ve tried disabling the secure boot policy and tried enabling and disabling the...
  8. Secure boot violation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Secure boot violation: PC is an acer aspire tc-885, 1 TB hard disk, 16 GB Optane memory, 8 GB Ram, 8th Gen Intel Core i3 (8100), Win 10 Home 64 Bit. Used last evening just fine. Windows was trying to update and I delayed update. Powered down computer without update. This am.........
  9. Secure boot violation

Secure boot violation: What happened? Clicked "update and shut down" The next day turned on the computer to see only this:[IMG] [IMG][IMG][IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secure-boot-violation/c4ff9789-9ab4-4c6d-bb18-4e938824e271
  10. Secure boot issues

Secure boot issues: Hi, I am using an acer travelmate laptop and I'm attempting to boot from an official (I think) windows 10 DVD, I downloaded it using the media creation tool (as a dual x64-x86 iso) and created a bootable iso from the x64 portion (with imgburn) the disk definitely works as I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Invalid signature detected check Secure boot Policy in Setup gigabyte

2. gigabyte windows 10 security boot violation