Windows 10: Boot issues

Discus and support Boot issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My PC is somewhat unreliable. It is on latest W10 build 64 bit Version 1903 (build 18362.476) When it starts up its fine and works OK .... no errors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sargan, Nov 29, 2019.

1. sargan Win User

Boot issues

My PC is somewhat unreliable.
    It is on latest W10 build 64 bit Version 1903 (build 18362.476)

When it starts up its fine and works OK .... no errors or issues.

Recently when I start it up ... it sometimes fails to start .... it's on an ASUS mobo ...
    Sequence is typically

ASUS splash screen (with option to enter setup vis F2 etc)
    Then I get screen with "RealTek PCI-E Gigayte boot agent loading"
    Then ASUS splash screen again
    Next ... on a good startup is windows icon and it then continues to login
    On the problem startup
    Either the windows icon does not arrive - just sits with blank screen
    or Windows icon arrives but it never proceeds any further.

Once it has failed once - it can take many restarts before it will work ..... once it does successfully start - usually fine for next few starts.
    Fast Boot is disabled
    I tried using W10 recovery ...
    Settings > Update & Security >Recovery > Advanced Startup >Startup Repair
    It reboots .. I login ... get the "Diagnosing your PC" mesage.
    Then I get "Startup could not repair your PC"
    and then states it has created a logfile on F:\windows\system32\logfiles\srt\strtrails.txt
    F:\ is a DVD drive? ... with no disk so why it should think it is putting file there is strange.

The file is actually on C:\

Any suggestions on any W10 repair steps without a reinstall?

:)

sargan, Nov 29, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 29, 2019
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Nov 29, 2019
  4. ram93 Win User

Boot issues

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

Boot issues

1. Boot issues - Similar Threads - Boot issues

2. Boot files Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot files Issue: Dell Inspiron 3793Windows 10 My laptop was working fine all day, then I did a Reboot and it wouldn't start up, just a black screen with the mouse cursor. I did a Software Repair and the error said "Boot files issue detected" but it was not able to repair it.I called Dell and...
  3. Boot files Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot files Issue: Dell Inspiron 3793Windows 10 My laptop was working fine all day, then I did a Reboot and it wouldn't start up, just a black screen with the mouse cursor. I did a Software Repair and the error said "Boot files issue detected" but it was not able to repair it.I called Dell and...
  4. Boot files Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times: when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times but it displays normally the windows and everything and i have an h410 board so when I searched by beeping code i found out that that's a cache error but i don't understand why and how that happened and what to do to fix that.. right...
  6. Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times

Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times: when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times but it displays normally the windows and everything and i have an h410 board so when I searched by beeping code i found out that that's a cache error but i don't understand why and how that happened and what to do to fix that.. right...
  7. Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”: Hi,While I’m using the laptop, it suddenly stuck and show message ‘Reboot and Select Proper boot Device’. I tried to restart several times and the issue remains. I also check Bios at boot to prioritize’Windows Boot Manager P0: ST1000LM035-1RK172’ to be Boot option #1 and it...
  9. Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”

Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”: Hi,While I’m using the laptop, it suddenly stuck and show message ‘Reboot and Select Proper boot Device’. I tried to restart several times and the issue remains. I also check Bios at boot to prioritize’Windows Boot Manager P0: ST1000LM035-1RK172’ to be Boot option #1 and it...
  10. Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware