Windows 10: boot log file

Discus and support boot log file in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Where does windows 10 saves the boot log file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-log-file/2950a75e-7524-449f-b461-c3680673cd61 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Pierre Chanu, Jul 17, 2019.

1. boot log file

Where does windows 10 saves the boot log file?

:)

Pierre Chanu, Jul 17, 2019
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Jul 17, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    XP Boot HDD taken from Failed MB - Get Files?

Just as I suspected... :shadedshu Can't access the Document and Settings for some users on HDD unless I've booted from it and logged in as the user - in this case myself...

Next step boot the old HDD on a different computer in safe mode, with fingers crossed.

Sasqui, Jul 17, 2019
  4. GNJha Win User

boot log file

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

boot log file

1. boot log file - Similar Threads - boot log file

2. File change log?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File change log?: Hello My OS (Windows 10 Home) is installed on an SSD drive, and my data files are on HDD drive. My HDD drive (4 years old) died without warning, and is also scratched (as the lab claim) which makes it impossible to recover. Fortunately, I have a backup which is 2 months...
  3. Cant log in after clean boot

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant log in after clean boot: I had a stuck windows update where it kept asking me to restart and update but it would restart without updating so i fallowed instructions through several different methods from thewindowsclub which directed me onto an article about how to do a clean boot i first did one...
  4. Log on Each Time Booting

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log on Each Time Booting: I just purchased a new 17" HP with Windows 10... Each time I shut down and later want turn on the computer, I have to log on. How can I eliminate this requirement?...
  5. Windows Boot-up security & Logging

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Boot-up security & Logging: I'm trying to research into more ways of locking company devices down. From the worst case if they were ever stolen it would be hard for your average Jo to access anything and general access on day to day usage/privacy. Currently using Bitlocker 256 on all HDD's. Few...
  6. Logging of files changed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Logging of files changed: Does anyone know where the changes are tracked locally of the files that were modified during an update ? Any log files or way to figure out what the one cumulative update actually did? The new method of lumping the patches makes it more difficult to troubleshoot when...
  7. UEFI + Secure Boot not logging into W10 (dual-boot)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UEFI + Secure Boot not logging into W10 (dual-boot): Hei, So I'm the guy who tried to move from Legacy to UEFI some days ago. I managed to move both Ubuntu and W10 to UEFI. More info on both of the situations here: Solved Can't boot into UEFI mode - Lenovo Z50-70 - Windows 10 Forums Queston about GRUB2 + UEFI - Ask...
  8. Missing LOG files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing LOG files: Ran sfc /scannow (cannot create Recovery USB stick for my win 10 (1511) system because of corrupt files) and received following message:- "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log...
  9. Can't log on or boot into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't log on or boot into Safe Mode: After running some virus scans for maintenance on my computer, (MalwareBytes, Emsisoft), I restarted the machine and wasn't able to log in to my account after that, and I can't get into Safe Mode at all, as the only options at the logon screen are Ease of Access and Network...
  10. Enable or Disable Boot Log in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Boot Log in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Boot Log in Windows How to Enable or Disable the Boot Log in Windows In Windows, you can enable the boot log that includes a list of loaded and unloaded drivers during the boot process. This information can be useful when you are trying to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 boot log file