Windows 10: boot log shows attempts to load AMD files when machine is all intel

Discus and support boot log shows attempts to load AMD files when machine is all intel in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Trying to solve a different issue I looked at the bootlog and found it attempts to load AMD drivers - when I have an all-Intel machine. I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tony-in-the-alps, Mar 23, 2021.

1. boot log shows attempts to load AMD files when machine is all intel

Trying to solve a different issue I looked at the bootlog and found it attempts to load AMD drivers - when I have an all-Intel machine.

I don't suppose it matters as they fail, but it annoys me and must take up at least a few milliseconds of my life each time it boots.

I also wonder if I then get updates of AMD files which I do not need.

I would welcome any suggestions.

Thanks,

Tony

:)

Tony-in-the-alps, Mar 23, 2021
  2. zbook Win User

How to use Intel Rapid Storage Tech software with Kyhi boot rescue

When using the Kyhi boot if the Intel RST acceleration can be disabled the 750 GB drive in RAID 0 can then be moved to any computer and the files read.

Intel was contacted regarding the Intel RST and they indicated that the Intel RST is a HP driver.
    HP was contacted regarding the failure to install the driver(s) and they indicated that they troubleshoot hardware and not software.

When using Kyhi boot rescue does the classification as to whether it is software or a driver impact the ability to install?

Are there any other steps to get the software or drive installed when using Kyhi boot rescue?

There was an error log for the Intel RST.
    Amazingly there was no troubleshooting support of the log available at Intel or HP.

SIW2 the steps that were listed in the post #6 I was not able to interpret.
    Please use alternative words and steps so that they can be followed by a beginner.

zbook, Mar 23, 2021
  3. Tatty_One Win User
    Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Mar 23, 2021
  4. boot log shows attempts to load AMD files when machine is all intel

Attempted to do a Clean Boot but forgot to Hide Microsoft Services

Interesting scenario . . .

Try this:

• Reboot.
    • Turn the machine off with the power button when the spinning circle appears.
    • Repeat this exercise two more times.
    • Reboot. You will now get the boot menu.
    • Boot into Safe Mode and undo the fatal step. Alternatively you could use System Restore.

Frederik Long, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

boot log shows attempts to load AMD files when machine is all intel

1. boot log shows attempts to load AMD files when machine is all intel - Similar Threads - boot log shows

2. Failure when attempting to copy boot files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failure when attempting to copy boot files: Im trying to recover using advanced tool option. For the bcdboot command using c: was not working. When i checked My PC, i found Window folder in X drive. And so should i use X: instead of C: in the command in this way "bcdboot x:/windows /s w: /f USFI"...
  3. Failure when attempting to copy boot files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failure when attempting to copy boot files: Im trying to recover using advanced tool option. For the bcdboot command using c: was not working. When i checked My PC, i found Window folder in X drive. And so should i use X: instead of C: in the command in this way "bcdboot x:/windows /s w: /f USFI"...
  4. AMD to INTEL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD to INTEL: I am building a new system and am going from an AMD motherboard to Intel motherboard... My current Windows 10 is "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account " What I need to figureout is should I plan on a fresh install and if I do a fresh...
  5. AMD to INTEL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD to INTEL: I am building a new system and am going from an AMD motherboard to Intel motherboard... My current Windows 10 is "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account " What I need to figureout is should I plan on a fresh install and if I do a fresh...
  6. AMD to INTEL

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. [BCDBOOT] Failure when attempting to copy boot files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [BCDBOOT] Failure when attempting to copy boot files: Hi, I'm trying to reinstall the Windows Bootloader from an installation media. I've mounted the EFI volume in G: and then I tried bcdboot C:\Windows /s G: /f UEFI but it gives the error in the title. I've searched a lot in the Internet, but the only solution is for a disk...
  8. Image files only show when file type "All Files" is selected when attempting to upload files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Image files only show when file type "All Files" is selected when attempting to upload files: So I have a storefront I am attempting to upload files to, however, there are two issues occurring. The first one is that not all images load as previews shown in the screenshots below. Also, image files are not displayed as options to upload unless the file type is set to...
  9. Any differences at all for typing between AMD & Intel ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any differences at all for typing between AMD & Intel ?: This will sound a very strange question, but for a long time I have had a i7 PC with Windows 10. It broke, so I replaced it with a Ryzen 1600x (the motherboard, CPU, and memory), also with Windows 10. I do a lot of typing for emails and documents. On my new computer, which...
  10. intel to amd.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    intel to amd.: I am about to upgrade to an amd cpu. the problem is I have to reinstall windows to avoid potential driver issues. this is the same computer, so my windows home license for win10 should carry over, but if I just boot up the computer with fresh install im guessing its gonna ask...