Windows 10: Boot Loop after Windows 10 Reset

Discus and support Boot Loop after Windows 10 Reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi guys, I've created an another disk partition and copy the files I don' want to lose. Then using the Windows' Reset thing, I chose complete reset. (I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ineffective, May 4, 2017.

1. Boot Loop after Windows 10 Reset

Hi guys, I've created an another disk partition and copy the files I don' want to lose. Then using the Windows' Reset thing, I chose complete reset. (I don't know it's name is exactly complete reset, I use windows in another language, but I guess you got what i meant). And I chose to erase only the disk partition with the Windows 10.

While it's installing the Windows again, it stuck for a wile. Then started to loop. I searched for a while, and I know that I should create a bootable usb drive. But my computer came with Windows 10, and I don't know the Windows' serial number. If I download the Windows 10 image from Microsoft and try to install Windows from that image, will I lose my original serial number?

Bytheway, I have a partition which has a Linux installation. (I'm using it right now) So I have access to disk partitions, so if is there anything I can do manually, I can give it a try.

Not a native speaker, so I hope I described clearly.

:)

Ineffective, May 4, 2017

2. win10 reset boot loop

Same issue here that reboot loop at 64%. See suggestions here: Boot Loop after Reset on Windows 10

ChandriaNicole, May 4, 2017
  3. Nahekul Win User
    Windows 10 rollback stuck

Just got the same issue after the spring update. Boot up only to get stuck at the pick a keyboard screen. After that, all the options lead to either roll back or windows 10 but none of them work. It just boot loops back to the keyboard screen. No option
    to even reset windows.

Nahekul, May 4, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Boot Loop after Windows 10 Reset

Once Win10 has been installed there should be no need to enter any serial number. Activation is via MS's servers, provided you use your MS live id.

This is how to reset Win 10
    Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Is that what you did?

Assuming you now plan to do a clean install, see:
    Clean Install Windows 10 - Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Be careful not to lose partitions you want to keep.

Note: if your PC came with the Anniversary Build of Win 10, what you now download will be the new Creator's Upgrade build, so you may notice some changes.

dalchina, May 4, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    There is no requirement for the "MS live id." If the same version of Windows 10 is reinstalled on the same computer, the activation is based upon the computer's hardware ID, not the user's ID.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Boot Loop after Windows 10 Reset

1. Boot Loop after Windows 10 Reset - Similar Threads - Boot Loop Reset

2. Windows 10 Boot Loop after Laptop Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Boot Loop after Laptop Reset: Hey, So I have a windows 10 laptop Acer Predator Helios 300It is about 2 years old and it was pretty much filled so I reset the laptop.The whole process went smoothly and I left my pc for a while after I came back, I saw that my pc is stuck in a Boot Loop.The first screen I...
  3. Windows 10 Boot Loop after Laptop Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Boot Loop after Laptop Reset: Hey, So I have a windows 10 laptop Acer Predator Helios 300It is about 2 years old and it was pretty much filled so I reset the laptop.The whole process went smoothly and I left my pc for a while after I came back, I saw that my pc is stuck in a Boot Loop.The first screen I...
  4. Windows 10 Boot Loop after Laptop Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WINDOWS 10 BOOT LOOP AFTER FACTORY RESET

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 BOOT LOOP AFTER FACTORY RESET: Good Evening,I just factory reset my laptop, and I am currently stuck in a consistent loop of it trying to install windows and wont get further than 30% without restarting and never getting anywhere it has currently been 7 hours with no change....
  6. Windows 10 Laptop in Boot Loop After Reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Laptop in Boot Loop After Reset: I decided to reset my Windows 10 laptop and delete all its files. However, during the Installing Windows process, it got stuck in a boot loop. As shown in this video I took, it tries to reboot, but right when it gets back into Windows, it reboots again. It’s stuck in that...
  7. PC Boot Loop after reset

PC Boot Loop after reset: I was trying to reset my pc and it reset and was doing its disc check for the boot drive. After that, the pc boot logo spun for a few seconds, froze then restarted, and did the same thing. All night I was trying to install windows via USB and it read it and went to the...
  8. Boot Loop after Reset PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot Loop after Reset PC: My laptop, a Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 bought in March 2020, is stuck in a boot loop where the Microsoft logo appears, followed by the loading spinning dots, then it cuts to black and the entire process repeats. All I did was reset my pc and it went smoothly until after...
  9. Stuck in Boot Loop after Reset!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in Boot Loop after Reset!: Hi guys, I own a Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 that i bought in March 2020. Today I decided to reset my PC as it was actually freezing on me a couple times. It went through the reset process smoothly but now its just stuck in a boot loop. The Microsoft logo appears, the loading...
  10. Neverending loop of booting after reset

Neverending loop of booting after reset: Disclaimer: I'm not sure if it's linked to the problem, but I reset my laptop because of various BSODs I got while using it. I tried to fix these issues, but after updating drivers, scanning, reapiring and so on, just new problems popped up and I was so frustrated, I decided...