Windows 10: Boot Loop Fixes Hard Drive Failure

Discus and support Boot Loop Fixes Hard Drive Failure in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'm looking to get some advice/help on how to fix my laptop. One day I was restarting it and got stuck in an endless bootloop. After trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LuisPerez8_110, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Boot Loop Fixes Hard Drive Failure

Hello, I'm looking to get some advice/help on how to fix my laptop. One day I was restarting it and got stuck in an endless bootloop. After trying everything I could, I decided to check diagnostics Pressing esc when powering on computer and performed an extensive scan. The result was Hard Disk Drive Short DST Scan Failed. I'm positive I dont have any warranty on me, so that's out of the question.

I'm wondering. What is needed to fix this or do I need to get a new laptop? I'm considering trying to purchase a SSD and a usb to reinstall Windows 10. Is this option the one to go or what??

For reference, my model of the HP Laptop is Model: hp 15-ba018wm.

:)

LuisPerez8_110, Mar 20, 2021
  2. vnessj112 Win User

Boot Loop

Hello,

Need help fixing boot loop. After a Windows 10 update, the PC is stuck on a boot loop. I have tried repair and restore options, as well as a few command prompt options, and nothing has worked. I have been trying to reinstall/upgrade from USB but just get
    a compatibly report saying the option isn't available. The hard drive is only a couple months old. If anyone has any suggestions they will be greatly appreciated.

vnessj112, Mar 20, 2021
  3. Projected Hard drive failure issue

I have an HP laptop that boots up to error "Smart hard drive check has detected imminent failure". I have no issue with replacing the hard drive but have no idea how to get Windows 10 reinstalled/recovered. Currently files/photos/ect. are backed up. Any
    suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Skillet 56, Mar 20, 2021
  4. Boot Loop Fixes Hard Drive Failure

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Mar 20, 2021
Thema:

Boot Loop Fixes Hard Drive Failure

1. Boot Loop Fixes Hard Drive Failure - Similar Threads - Boot Loop Fixes

2. Imminent hard drive failure on boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Imminent hard drive failure on boot up: I have been getting a "imminent hard drive failure for the better part of a year every time my PC boots up. I ran Chkdisk and found no errors but I went and got an SSD and did a clean install of Windows10 on it. I have a 2 TB external hard drive that has been running back...
  3. Imminent hard drive failure on boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Imminent hard drive failure on boot up: I have been getting a "imminent hard drive failure for the better part of a year every time my PC boots up. I ran Chkdisk and found no errors but I went and got an SSD and did a clean install of Windows10 on it. I have a 2 TB external hard drive that has been running back...
  4. Imminent hard drive failure on boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Hard Drive failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard Drive failure: Hello everyone, I have Lenovo L13 Yoga and it's fairly new. I recently had a disk failure error in my device and prompted me to scan the hard drive. The scan runs for quite a few hours but as I had to start my work, I forced restarted the device. The device looks...
  6. hard drive failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard drive failure: Windows 10 64 bit posting from second PC HD failure id 9GDUWF-7QFA4R-GXPSMG-6OTO3 Does this mean that I need to replace the HD or is there a fix for it. 157602
  7. Hard drive failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard drive failure: Support assist revealed a Hard Drive malfunction and manufacturer recommends installing a new drive. They are sending with Windows loaded. This alone makes me nervous. Typically my tech who is off site would re load and eliminate unnecessary stuff. I don't even know what...
  8. Hard drive failure

Hard drive failure: hello, I've had this computer for about ten years now. Recently I've had it shutting down on me randomly. I thought it was the power supply so I replaced it. Apparently it wasn't. My only other guess is a hard drive failure. I bought a new pc and a synology nas to move...
  9. Hard drive failure

Hard drive failure: Hi all, Yesterday I came back to my computer and there was a pop up on the screen telling me that there is an update for Itunes available. So I clicked on install, but nothing happened. Then I wanted to close the pop up, but could not. All was frozen. I had to shut down by...
  10. Hard drive failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard drive failure: The hard drive in my ASUS laptop has failed - completely and permanently. Fortunately this laptop has only been used for a daily mobile use and all important data is been backed up. I also used 'ProduKey' long ago to record the keys on this and my other units. ASUS support...