Windows 10: Boot Loop Into Recovery if options pressed, Auto Corrects/Boots to OS if no options pressed

Discus and support Boot Loop Into Recovery if options pressed, Auto Corrects/Boots to OS if no options pressed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is weird!1. Installed new M.2 removed all pre-existing drives, disabled CSM, used USB boot drive, yada yada2. Successful and normal installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jgarza00, Sep 10, 2021.

1. jgarza00 Win User

Boot Loop Into Recovery if options pressed, Auto Corrects/Boots to OS if no options pressed

This is weird!1. Installed new M.2 removed all pre-existing drives, disabled CSM, used USB boot drive, yada yada2. Successful and normal installation of Win 10 Pro3. Every reboot since that installation takes me to Recovery4. Every option in Recovery results in either: a reboot back to recovery, b reboot to bios, c complete shut down5. If no option is pressed in Recovery the PC will reboot itself into Windows 10 like a normal boot should beAnyone have a fix?ASUS x99/usb 3.12TB M.2 PCIe

:)

jgarza00, Sep 10, 2021
  2. Josef Bri Win User

Re: All boot options are tried...

Hi Elda,

If the boot sequence didn't work, then we suggest try running the laptop in safe mode. To do this, here's a few steps to follow:

• Power down your laptop.
    • Turn it back on again.
    • When you turn it back on, press F8 repeatedly until the power on option appeared.
    • If you see the boot option "Safe Mode with Networking", choose that option.
    • See if you can boot up in Safe mode.

We'll look forward to your response.

Josef Bri, Sep 10, 2021
  3. Clark Ari Win User
    Boot loop

Hi Terri,

This issue occurs when there are broken components on the boot configuration data of your system. To troubleshoot your boot loop issue, we suggest that you boot in
    safe mode through the Windows
    Recovery
    Environment option. To do this, follow these steps:

• Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo appears, unplug and replug the device. Perform these steps three times.
    • On the fourth instance, turn on your device without unplugging it. The Windows Recovery Environment window will appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advance options.
    • Click Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the F4 key to start your computer in
      safe mode.

Once done, we suggest that you perform a system restore after booting in safe mode. System Restore will be able to revert your PC or laptop to their previous state, which can be used to repair and recover system malfunctions or issues. Restoring won’t affect
    your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do this, follow the steps below:

1. Right-click the Start button, and then select
    Control Panel.

2. Search Control Panel for
    Recovery.

3. Select Recovery > Open
    System Restore > Next.

4. Choose the restore point related to the problematic
    app, driver, or update, and then select
    Next > Finish.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Clark Ari, Sep 10, 2021
  4. Boot Loop Into Recovery if options pressed, Auto Corrects/Boots to OS if no options pressed

Stuck in auto repair loop

Hi Alex,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If the screen is stuck for a long time on auto repair, I suggest you to restart the computer using power button and check. If the issue still persist, I suggest you to check if you are able to boot the computer into Safe Mode environment and check.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.

• Select an option to “Safe mode with networking” using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the Windows Advanced Options menu
      appears, and then press ENTER.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 10, 2021
Thema:

Boot Loop Into Recovery if options pressed, Auto Corrects/Boots to OS if no options pressed

1. Boot Loop Into Recovery if options pressed, Auto Corrects/Boots to OS if no options pressed - Similar Threads - Boot Loop Recovery

2. All boot options tried. Press F4 to recover with factory image using recovery or any other...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All boot options tried. Press F4 to recover with factory image using recovery or any other...: I read other posts and those dont work either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-boot-options-tried-press-f4-to-recover-with/41ada97f-ffdb-42f9-a659-0074daca607d
  3. lag when Press F12 boot option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lag when Press F12 boot option: Hi i have problem when i want to enter boot option to install windows when i press f12 its lag and freeze for some reason how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lag-when-press-f12-boot-option/85c92684-7200-4645-b047-68b816a62230
  4. lag when Press F12 boot option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lag when Press F12 boot option: Hi i have problem when i want to enter boot option to install windows when i press f12 its lag and freeze for some reason how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lag-when-press-f12-boot-option/85c92684-7200-4645-b047-68b816a62230
  5. boot option restoration loop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    boot option restoration loop: I recently deleted my fedora dual boot, I followed steps on how to get rid of grub. But now I am stuck in a loop where my computer boots to a "Boot Option Restoration" screen. No matter what though, it seems to keep going back to that screen. Can some one help?...
  6. boot option restoration loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    boot option restoration loop: I recently deleted my fedora dual boot, I followed steps on how to get rid of grub. But now I am stuck in a loop where my computer boots to a "Boot Option Restoration" screen. No matter what though, it seems to keep going back to that screen. Can some one help?...
  7. boot option restoration loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. "CHOOSE AN OPTION" BOOT LOOP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "CHOOSE AN OPTION" BOOT LOOP: BEFORE IF APPEARS. AFTER I UPDATE SOME FEATURES IN MY LAPTOP, I THEN RESTART IT. MY SCREEN ONLY SHOWS "CHOOSE AN OPTION" . None of the options available work, as it reverts back to the "choose an option" screen....
  9. Stuck in boot loop, no options work

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in boot loop, no options work: My laptop recently gave out on me and nothing I do has made it work I just want to save my files and do a reinstall of windows. Things i've tried, reseting to previous update - gives me an error that its not successful and reboots back to the bios. Bootrec - tells me I have 0...
  10. Stuck in blue boot options loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in blue boot options loop: When I turned on my laptop it seemingly went through the normal boot process before loading the light blue boot options screen, where I had the option to restore or reset the computer or continue to windows 10. I initially assumed I had accidentally pressed some button to...