Windows 10: Boot Loop - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - BSOD

Discus and support Boot Loop - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - BSOD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, not sure if this is the right forum for this but I have been going mad trying to get my computer to boot for days now and wanted to see if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bmanices, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Boot Loop - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - BSOD

Hi all, not sure if this is the right forum for this but I have been going mad trying to get my computer to boot for days now and wanted to see if anyone had any ideas.

I was playing a game (Control) when the computer completely froze to the point that even the power button did nothing - I had to physically pull the plug to restart it. It seemed to restart fine and I left it on (I alos use it as a Plex media server). It was still fine the next morning when I left for work. However when I came home it was stuck in a boot loop where as soon as it tried to boot windows it got a blue screen saying 'Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you.' The stopcode given is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. The PC the reboots and repeats the process. I can get into the BIOS but I cannot successfully boot into safe mode or get a windows boot USB to work.

It's a fairly new setup but had been running without issue (including when under load) for about 2 weeks before this.

If anyone has any suggestions that would help I would really appreciate it - this is driving me crazy!

Things I have tried which haven't helped:

Unplugging all drives, PCI cards etc - everything except the CPU, NVMe boot drive and GPU (my motherboard does not post without a GPU)

Unplugging and replugging all PSU cables

Booting with only 1 stick RAM, in each and every slot, and trying both sticks separately. The RAM has RGB which is lighting up correctly (in case that means anything)

Flashing the latest BIOS update

CMOS reset thing (by connecting the 2 pins on the motherboard for 10 seconds)

Trying to boot from windows boot USB (it briefly flashes a screen saying entering repair before going to the same error)

Trying unsuccessfully to get into safe mode through powering the PC off repeatedly right before the error occurs

Messing with the RAM frequency in the BIOS - it's 3200MHz but the frequency was set to Auto in the BIOS and this selected 2400MHz. Changing it to 3200MHz didn't help.

My Specs:

Motherboard - Asus ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming

CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 3700x

RAM - 32GB (2*16GB) HyperX DDR4-3200 HX432C16PB3K2

GPU - Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080Ti

HDD - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2

PSU - Corsair CX750

submitted by /u/bmanices
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bmanices, Jan 5, 2020
  2. Monkey57 Win User

BSOD with error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. It also mentioned that the problem was in intelppm,sys.

"I purchased some software called..." 3rd party software is not required (or suggested (by me)).. The Media Creation Tool creates a bootable media.

Does "BSOD with error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" happen when you boot the install media?

Monkey57, Jan 5, 2020
  3. nxjl18 Win User
    BSOD Loop on boot

Hello,

Earlier today my computer crashed into a BSOD and ever since then it is stuck on a BSOD loop when trying to boot into windows.

Things I have tried so far:

-Booting from a USB Windows (Loads the windows logo then BSOD)

-Letting it do automatic repair (BSOD)

-Letting it do disk check (BSOD)

-Running it with different RAM sticks (BSOD)

-Running it without the 1060 (BSOD)

-Clearing BIOS settings (BSOD)

I am at a loss. Any help appreciated.

System

-Intel i5 6600k

-Nvidia 1060

-16gb ram

-gigabyte z170x

nxjl18, Jan 5, 2020
  4. Boot Loop - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - BSOD

BSOD - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Hi,

I have been experiencing BSODs in the last 4 days.

The last BSOD showed me "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and I don't know what happened.

(I forgot what the previous BSODs error, I believe it was not "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL").

Here is the link for my last 3 minidumps file and MSinfo32.

Minidump_and_MSinfo32.zip

Please, I need your help.

Thanks.

Kenny Rizky, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

Boot Loop - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - BSOD

1. Boot Loop - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - BSOD - Similar Threads - Boot Loop IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

2. Windows 11 BSOD Loop - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 BSOD Loop - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALS: I have been running Windows 11 without issues for a little while, but ~1 week ago I started getting into a loop of both KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALS BSOD's. Since this I have tried the followingsome of these steps may be nonsensical but I've gotten...
  3. Stuck in BSOD loop - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in BSOD loop - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe error: My desktop keeps blue screening 10-15 seconds after I login. I can only boot it up in safe mode and I'm not too sure what to doI've tried updating my graphics driver, tried verifying my files sfc /scannow via command prompt in safe mode.I've got some .dmp files from the...
  4. Stuck in BSOD loop - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe error

Stuck in BSOD loop - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe error: My desktop keeps blue screening 10-15 seconds after I login. I can only boot it up in safe mode and I'm not too sure what to doI've tried updating my graphics driver, tried verifying my files sfc /scannow via command prompt in safe mode.I've got some .dmp files from the...
  5. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSoD causing Automatic Repair Boot Loop in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSoD causing Automatic Repair Boot Loop in Windows 11: I've had a Lenovo ThinkPad Z16 laptop for a couple of months, and I've had two instances of an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blue screen that caused the "Automatic Repair" boot loop. Both times I was not able to fix the issue using one of the supposed fixes involving booting into...
  6. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSoD causing Automatic Repair Boot Loop in Windows 11

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSoD causing Automatic Repair Boot Loop in Windows 11: I've had a Lenovo ThinkPad Z16 laptop for a couple of months, and I've had two instances of an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blue screen that caused the "Automatic Repair" boot loop. Both times I was not able to fix the issue using one of the supposed fixes involving booting into...
  7. BSOD Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD Boot Loop: Hello and help, My windows 10 computer is in a continuous loop. upon boot up, I get "preparing auto repair, then diagnosing your computer, then it goes to a blue screen with all the troubleshoot options, none of which work, im currently in dos at the x:/windows/system32>...
  8. Boot loop and BSOD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot loop and BSOD.: Hi, new to the forum, I'm pretty desperate for help with some issues with W10 Pro, apologies if I fail some etiquette. Recently I had a BSOD with an error about the ntfs.sys having an issue. After rebooting windows goes into a boot loop and automatic repair failure. I've...
  9. Boot loop and BSOD.

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot loop and BSOD.: Hi, new to the forum, I'm pretty desperate for help with some issues with W10 Pro, apologies if I fail some etiquette. Recently I had a BSOD with an error about the ntfs.sys having an issue. After rebooting windows goes into a boot loop and automatic repair failure. I've...
  10. Windows 10 BSoD - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 BSoD - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on boot: Hi, Today I've replace the old Seagate HDD with the new Samsung SSD, the old HDD was placed in the CDROM area. After that I cloned the old Window into the new SSD. Since then I frequently encountered this BSoD and it takes a lot of try for my computer to boot...