Windows 10: Boot loop on repeat after a potential malware infestation. Debugging help needed.

Discus and support Boot loop on repeat after a potential malware infestation. Debugging help needed. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, Upon yesterdays force hard shutdown ( power button power off ) Windows 10 Pro 64x had trouble booting. I wouldn't even load the kernel I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kam00p, Feb 25, 2021.

1. /u/kam00p Win User

Boot loop on repeat after a potential malware infestation. Debugging help needed.

Hello,

Upon yesterdays force hard shutdown ( power button power off ) Windows 10 Pro 64x had trouble booting. I wouldn't even load the kernel I would guess because i heard either disk or a fan restarting every second or so as if the whole system resented every second or so but in a continuous loop. Successfully stopped this loop by switching power state of the power source to off. After switching it back after i tried squeezing all that was left by disconnecting power cord, switching on pc and then reconnecting power cable and starting a pc I decided to investigate this reoccurring issue further via the event logs as my starting point.

Last log from yesterday has this in it :

"A service was installed in the system.

Service Name: MpKsl4aaaa532

Service File Name: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition Updates\{1F22D72D-6D17-4FD0-AC1C-243F2B5A8D70}\MpKslDrv.sys

Service Type: kernel mode driver

Service Start Type: demand start

Service Account: "

Could this be a source of the boot loop i encountered ? Where should I go from here in terms of investigation of this problem ?

Yesterday I ran set online scanner while being disconnected from my Internet via lan cable by disconnecting it first because of few of these shutdowns happening during regular (overclocked but automatic overclock by Radeon official software). without any malware detected as a result.

"Clean" reinstall of windows happened not longer than a month ago upon which i used a win10 Debloater from official source page of GitHub coincidentally because of these non-apparent reasoned reboot which sometime resulted in boot loop and sometimes they didn't( I had to basically play with powers itch on power source and on computer itself and tried disconnecting the power cord during first few bits of a second so i would break the loop somehow because I had thought this may be hardware problem, in particular power source.)

Today's entries of startup sequence contained what I think are another interesting entries :

"The leap second configuration has been updated.

Reason: Leap second data initialized from registry during boot

Leap seconds enabled: true

New leap second count: 0

Old leap second count: 0"

"The iommu fault reporting has been initialized."

What I'm mostly interested in solving is a boot loop because of malware infection, but with malware infection underlined. Also I do think first log entry i mentioned in this rant/call for help is the culprit I think because no google result returned after searching for MpKslDrv.sys ... I think It is possible for malware to disguise without and issue and replicate on a disk I did not securely erase but disconnected and then reconnected.. But....

....Any and all suggestions or solutions are welcome and appreciated. Don't hesitate to ask either.

submitted by /u/kam00p
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kam00p, Feb 25, 2021

2. Windows 10 boot loop possible malware

Hi my Asus zenbook pro running Windows 10 is stuck in some kind of a boot loop where it turns on shows the logo acts like it's going to start up then turns off and does it again. I cannot access my desktop and I'm pretty sure it might be a virus or malware
    that is doing this but I cannot solve the problem of the virus or whatever it is because it is stuck in this loop. Any help or suggestions will go a long way thanks!

MasonSelly, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Windows 10 boot loop possible malware

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

Try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to install Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After installing Windows 10, perform an Automatic Repair.

Follow these steps:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be
      F12.
    • The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.
    • Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the
      Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to
      CD\DVD ROM.
    • After you boot your computer using Windows 8 DVD, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.
    • Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
    • Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner
    • Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click
      Automatic repair.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 25, 2021
  4. zinou Win User

Boot loop on repeat after a potential malware infestation. Debugging help needed.

Win10 Slow boot time. Help debug with Windows Performance Analyzer

Hi,

I think that the issue is caused by the "Generic HDD SCSI Disk Device" driver

Boot loop on repeat after a potential malware infestation. Debugging help needed. [​IMG]

you have 8 disk drive attached to your computer:
    1. Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB
    2. Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB
    3. ST4000DM004-2CV104
    4. TOSHIBA DT01ACA200
    5. WDC WD20EARX-008FB0
    6. Generic HDD SCSI Disk Device
    7. Seagate BUP BK SCSI Disk Device
    8. Kingston DT Elite G2 USB Device

I would suggest you uninstall the Generic driver from the device manager;
    • Open device manager and display the hidden devices;
    • Generic "HDD SCSI Disk Device" under disk driver and uninstall it.

Boot loop on repeat after a potential malware infestation. Debugging help needed. [​IMG]

zinou, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Boot loop on repeat after a potential malware infestation. Debugging help needed. - Similar Threads - Boot loop repeat

2. Potential malware problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Potential malware problem?: I tried accessing my online banking but after clicking to look at the account, the page displayed briefly and then reverted back to the start page. ChromeI tried in a different broswer Edge and the same thing happened...Trying on a different PC and it worked fine.I then...
  3. Potential malware problem?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Potential malware problem?: I tried accessing my online banking but after clicking to look at the account, the page displayed briefly and then reverted back to the start page. ChromeI tried in a different broswer Edge and the same thing happened...Trying on a different PC and it worked fine.I then...
  4. Need help debugging this BSOD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help debugging this BSOD.: Hello! I went through two consecutive BSODs and I need some help as to what this error is. Below I've posted the dump files.Thank you!Specs:CPU - Ryzen 9 7900xGPU - AMD Radeon 7900XTX Sapphire nitro+RAM- gskill ripjaws s5 series 64gb ddr5 4800mhzMOTHERBOARD - MSI B650 MAG...
  5. Need help debugging this BSOD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help debugging this BSOD.: Hello! I went through two consecutive BSODs and I need some help as to what this error is. Below I've posted the dump files.Thank you!Specs:CPU - Ryzen 9 7900xGPU - AMD Radeon 7900XTX Sapphire nitro+RAM- gskill ripjaws s5 series 64gb ddr5 4800mhzMOTHERBOARD - MSI B650 MAG...
  6. Computer Infested with virus/malware

Computer Infested with virus/malware: Hey there,I'm certain my computer has a heap of malware and I've been trying to remove it for days, reinstalling windows doesn't fix the issue. Virus will reappear after a day or so. I'm wondering what my options are. I've got an acer gaming laptop, running windows 11...
  7. JIT debugging. Need HELP!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    JIT debugging. Need HELP!: I am running a analysis software on my PC and one day it shows a microsoft .Net framework problem. The details is as below:See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time JIT debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text **************...
  8. Potential hacking or malware

Potential hacking or malware: I did a security scan to find any threats and it showed an unwanted app called something PUA23/InstallCore and it said this was severe when I looked it up have i been hacked? And what can I do about it?...
  9. cybercriminal infested my computer - need help to repair

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cybercriminal infested my computer - need help to repair: smartredirect.de of adgoal.de infested my computer in 100s of files, making it almost unusable on internet. I found this by searching for redirect.de using FileLocator. I added NO REDIRECT to Firefox and adgoal.de with numbers to HOSTS in Win10. Then clear cache, history....
  10. Potential Malware: Need help dealing with it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Potential Malware: Need help dealing with it: I don't have a screenshot handy right now. I am dealing with a weird potentially malware which keep asking the user for permission to run at every bootup. I always click no because it looks fishy for several reasons. One) The file/program name is simply "execute.bat" and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Leap second data initialized from registry during boot