Windows 10: Boot loop - System thread exception not handled - pci.sys - Cannot access safe mode

Discus and support Boot loop - System thread exception not handled - pci.sys - Cannot access safe mode in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Built a new pc, ran perfectly for 3 days. Go to boot up today and encounter boot loop and finally system thread exception stop code. Made it into safe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JacobWilliams213, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Boot loop - System thread exception not handled - pci.sys - Cannot access safe mode

Built a new pc, ran perfectly for 3 days. Go to boot up today and encounter boot loop and finally system thread exception stop code.

Made it into safe mode one time out of hundreds of tries and it crashed as soon as I clicked on advanced options and never went back into safe mode even by cycling the power multiple times. Could this be a problem with my RAM? Tried reseating everything on the board and even running single channel RAM with bot the cards that I have in the computer.

Also will not boot from install media, gives the same loop. Any suggestions before I wipe the drive and try starting from scratch? Trying not to lose my data if possible. Thanks

:)

JacobWilliams213, Apr 9, 2020

2. Win 10 Reboot Loop of Death- system thread exception not handled (ntfs.sys)

Just browsing the web then the BSOD with the system thread exception not handled appeared, now it's in a booting loop. I tried to do safe mode and restore the PC but I only receive more errors.

Errors I receive:

System Thread Exception Not Handled (ntfs.sys)

Driver Overran Stack Buffer

Page Fault In Nonpaged Area

Driver IRQL Not Less Or Equal (NETIO.SYS)

PFN List Corrupt

Critical Structure Corruption

Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap

Memory Management Error

System Service Exception

Exception Scope Invalid

Kernal Auto Boost Invalid Lock Release

Kmode Exception Not Handled (ndis.sys)

Every once in 500 or so boots, it does boot successfully to desktop but the system thread error appears and the bootloop continues.

AlexMason94, Apr 9, 2020
  3. System Thread Exception Not Handled?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

The System Thread Exception Not Handled error in Windows mostly occur due to incompatible or old graphics card drivers. System Thread Exception Not Handled error is often displayed along with the Blue Screen of Death

I suggest you to boot into Safe Mode environment and update your graphic drivers.

Method 1: Update drivers.

I suggest you to update graphic drivers and check if it helps. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters.
    • Right-click on the graphics
      card
      and click on Update driver software.

You may also download the latest graphic drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install them on your computer.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Method 2:

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 9, 2020
  4. Boot loop - System thread exception not handled - pci.sys - Cannot access safe mode

stop code: system thread exception not handled

Thank you for sharing your feedback about the solution. In that case, we will proceed with the advance step to solve the issue. We'd like to recommend this thread:
    Win 10 Reboot Loop of Death - system thread exception not handled (ClassPNP.sys)
    and refer to Isha Soni's response for detailed steps on how to troubleshoot blue screen error when Safe Mode is not accessible.

We'll keep an eye out for your update.

Jennifer Cha, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Boot loop - System thread exception not handled - pci.sys - Cannot access safe mode

1. Boot loop - System thread exception not handled - pci.sys - Cannot access safe mode - Similar Threads - Boot loop System

2. BSOD - System Thread Exception Not Handled - will not boot to safe mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD - System Thread Exception Not Handled - will not boot to safe mode?: Switched on my Lenovo ideapad this morning and got BSOD with the error System Thread Exception Not Handled just this message no additional data. Prior to this I've had no issues at all with the laptop.I have tried Start up repair and System restore with no success. I cant...
  3. BSOD - System Thread Exception Not Handled - will not boot to safe mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - System Thread Exception Not Handled - will not boot to safe mode?: Switched on my Lenovo ideapad this morning and got BSOD with the error System Thread Exception Not Handled just this message no additional data. Prior to this I've had no issues at all with the laptop.I have tried Start up repair and System restore with no success. I cant...
  4. BSOD - System Thread Exception Not Handled - will not boot to safe mode?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Başarısız:rtwlane6.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Başarısız:rtwlane6.sys: Bilgisayarımı kullanırken wi-fi bağlantısı kesildi ama telefonum hala wi-fi ağına bağlıydı yani wi-fi ağında bir problem yoktu. Bende Ağ ve internet ayarları için sorunları gider seçeneğini seçtim tam o sırada bilgisayarım mavi ekran verip bu uyarıyı verdi.Durdurma Kodu:...
  6. SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Başarısız:rtwlane6.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Başarısız:rtwlane6.sys: Bilgisayarımı kullanırken wi-fi bağlantısı kesildi ama telefonum hala wi-fi ağına bağlıydı yani wi-fi ağında bir problem yoktu. Bende Ağ ve internet ayarları için sorunları gider seçeneğini seçtim tam o sırada bilgisayarım mavi ekran verip bu uyarıyı verdi.Durdurma Kodu:...
  7. SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Başarısız:rtwlane6.sys

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. System Thread Exception Not Handled (igdkmd64.sys)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Thread Exception Not Handled (igdkmd64.sys): (Note: I have been updating from Windows 7 to Windows 10). I have installed Windows 10 on a laptop and two PC’s All went well but today (3 days later) my main PC when switch this morning on gave me the following. (Fig1) System Thread Exception Not Handled (igdkmd64.sys) I...
  9. System thread exception not handled on boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System thread exception not handled on boot: I have Dell Inspiron 15z running with Dell 10. My system got updated yesterday [June 18, 2020. PC shut down was normal. When I boot it today, am seeing System thread exception not handled iaStorAC.sys error on boot. It does %s and continue restart and end-up with same...
  10. BSOD system thread exception not handled rtkvhd64.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD system thread exception not handled rtkvhd64.sys: TL,DR: system thread exception not handled rtkvhd64.sys error screen and resetting to factory does not work. Hi, I've recently had an issue with my Hp Envy and it will randomly crash and show the screen shown on the link and it will be stuck in this screen. I have no idea...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. scope invalid windows 10