Windows 10: Boot manager legacy mode not working?

Discus and support Boot manager legacy mode not working? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've got a computer running Windows 10 but sometimes want to boot to a different system i.e. grub bootloader and I want to use the legacy boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DRXR, Jul 21, 2020.

1. DRXR Win User

Boot manager legacy mode not working?

Hi,

I've got a computer running Windows 10 but sometimes want to boot to a different system i.e. grub bootloader and I want to use the legacy boot menu. I've set bootmenupolicy to legacy but it still seems to use the modern blue graphics based boot menu.

Can anyone give me any hints as to what might be wrong?

If I've put this question in the wrong place then I'd appreciate it if someone could let me know where I should post it.

Thanks,

:)

2. P4-630 Win User

UEFI vs Legacy boot mode

I just found out I'm running at "Legacy" boot mode.
    Are there any downsides running my Skylake system in "Legacy" boot mode?

I don't really want to reinstall windows.
    Also I have no problems with my SSD, speeds are as they should be.

Just booting up my system takes some time, maybe it just would be faster booting with UEFI?
    My Asus Gaming laptop is booting up faster.
    If thats the main difference *Oh Well Boot manager legacy mode not working? :eek:hwell:

P4-630, Jul 21, 2020
  3. UEFI vs Legacy boot mode

You're all good. With UEFI boot partitions can be over 2TB, but that means reformatting drive to GPT.........prob not something you'd want to do....(or me *Smile Boot manager legacy mode not working? :))
    You aren't missing out on much., as mentioned above. Maybe Secure Boot......bleh *Stick Out Tongue Boot manager legacy mode not working? :p

Pill Monster, Jul 21, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

UEFI vs Legacy boot mode

It's just the boot time, not so fast, my asus g750 is booting faster *Oh Well Boot manager legacy mode not working? :eek:hwell:
    Ok so besides secure boot, and a bit slower boot, I don't miss out on anything else then.*Smile Boot manager legacy mode not working? :)

Thanks.

P4-630, Jul 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Boot manager legacy mode not working? - Similar Threads - Boot manager legacy

2. F8 boot not working with legacy policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    F8 boot not working with legacy policy: Hi there. So I wanted the advanced options screen to load so I set bootmenupolicy in bcdedit to legacy and set advanced options in {globalsettings} to true. Then I realized that the advanced options setting made it always boot to that screen. So then I set it to false, but...
  3. F8 boot not working with legacy policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    F8 boot not working with legacy policy: Hi there. So I wanted the advanced options screen to load so I set bootmenupolicy in bcdedit to legacy and set advanced options in {globalsettings} to true. Then I realized that the advanced options setting made it always boot to that screen. So then I set it to false, but...
  4. Legacy or UEFI Boot mode for new SATA SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Legacy or UEFI Boot mode for new SATA SSD?: Hello!! I am using a Lenovo V310 14ISK laptop which is set to Legacy boot mode by default. Now I want to install a SATA SSD in place of my old HDD and use it as a boot drive while keeping HDD in the DVD drive bay and use it for storing photos, videos etc.So will I have to...
  5. LEGACY MODE WORKS SLOWLY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LEGACY MODE WORKS SLOWLY: I reinstalled Windows in Legacy mode and now my laptop runs slow,my click goes in lag and all operation are working slow.If I try to switch to UEFI mode I get a error: ,,Default boot device manager missing or boot failed....".How should I switch it to UEFI mode where my...
  6. LEGACY MODE WORKS SLOWLY

LEGACY MODE WORKS SLOWLY: I reinstalled Windows in Legacy mode and now my laptop runs slow,my click goes in lag and all operation are working slow.If I try to switch to UEFI mode I get a error: ,,Default boot device manager missing or boot failed....".How should I switch it to UEFI mode where my...
  7. LEGACY MODE WORKS SLOWLY

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. boot mode is set to : legacy ; secure boot : off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    boot mode is set to : legacy ; secure boot : off: when i start my laptop this image come . how to solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-mode-is-set-to-legacy-secure-boot-off/3dc795a0-4f54-498b-a899-2309ae4addc1
  9. boot mode is set to : legacy ; secure boot : off

boot mode is set to : legacy ; secure boot : off: when i start my laptop this image come . how to solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-mode-is-set-to-legacy-secure-boot-off/3dc795a0-4f54-498b-a899-2309ae4addc1
  10. HP Laptop Booting and Legacy Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Laptop Booting and Legacy Mode: Hello I have a hp laptop with no OS on it, i formated the drive. I was trying to install the OS using windows media creation tool which i put on a USB but when i plugged it to my laptop and turned it on, it still said "no bootable device found insert a boot disk". I tried...