Windows 10: Boot manager missing

Discus and support Boot manager missing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have two identical Dell Precision 3430 desktop units with a 500GB RAID 1 array and Windows 10 on them. I set one up and created an image of it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Travis Chilcutt, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Boot manager missing

I have two identical Dell Precision 3430 desktop units with a 500GB RAID 1 array and Windows 10 on them. I set one up and created an image of it to load onto the other with a third party imaging program, Acronis True Image. In the Acronis software the image restored successfully but when I reboot the machine it says there is no boot device and now in the UEFI settings under the "boot sequence" tab there is nothing. On the other unit that I made the image from there is one option, "Windows boot manager", that is checked. I suspect that this is my problem. How can I get the boot manager back, or lacking that, manually set the hard drive with the fresh image on it as the boot device? I have tested the image on another machine and confirmed that it works.

:)

Travis Chilcutt, Feb 19, 2019
  2. Drone Win User

Boot Manager Is Missing

You need to use the Bootrec.exe tool in the Windows Recovery Environment. For that you need to boot into Recovery Environment and perform a "Startup Repair". If that fails then boot into WinRE again, and go to the "Command Prompt" and execute this command:

Bootrec.exe /RebuildBcd

Restore boot manager when it is missing or compressed – Smallvoid.com
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392

You can look here too

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...ing-error-while-trying-to-boot-windows-vista/

(indeed you need a windows dvd)

Drone, Feb 19, 2019
  3. Boot Manager Is Missing

1 of the kids was on my desktop while I was out of town, so I had to restore it !! I used the factory disc (asus cm 1730) but now it says boot manager is missing !! Advice ?? Wont run my dban disc, so wherte do I find it (system 32??) and what do I do ???

fsufan0025, Feb 19, 2019
  4. Boot manager missing

windows 10 boot manager missing.

i have a hp 450 g5 that says boot manager missing. the only other computer i have access to is a samsung xe500c12 chromebook. i have downloaded the windows iso on a flashdrive but the hp wont boot from it. any suggestions

derekgraves, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

Boot manager missing

1. Boot manager missing - Similar Threads - Boot manager missing

2. Window Boot manager missing from BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Window Boot manager missing from BIOS: [ATTACH] Hello everyone, Not sure if I am posting on the correct place, if not do let me know and I will take it down. My laptop suddenly not able to boot into Window. Everytime when I start up, it will bring me straight to BIOS. I have checked in BIOS that my Window...
  3. Window Boot manager missing from BIOS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window Boot manager missing from BIOS: Hello everyone, Please help me with this, appreciate your help! My laptop suddenly not able to boot into Window. Everytime when I start up, it will bring me straight to BIOS. I have checked in BIOS that my Window boot option is actually missing and I tried to set the path...
  4. Windows boot manager configuration data is missing or contains errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows boot manager configuration data is missing or contains errors: Computer wont start, said it was repairing c:drive but now it wont start and keeps going to boot manager where it says configuration data is missing or contains errors. Status: 0xc0000225. What does that mean?...
  5. Windows Boot Manager Missing

Windows Boot Manager Missing: Just bought a Ideacentre 510a. I tried to clone my previous HD to the NVMe M2, but for some reason after doing this, I lost my profile, only Administrator was available on both drives, and I couldn't add a profile at all. After a few hours of fighting with it, I used the...
  6. BOOT MGR missing after playing with settings in Disk Manager

BOOT MGR missing after playing with settings in Disk Manager: Help.. I will try to get straight to the point and I really appreciate anyone who can help! I googled a lot and tried things but nothing is working out. Problem: BOOT MGR missing + main drive w/ OS cannot be found in BIOS after Disk Manager settings were changed...
  7. Boot Manager error + missing windows apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Manager error + missing windows apps: Hi there, I'm wondering if I could get some advice on some issues I'm having with boot manager and windows Background is my laptop has been back with the manufacturer a couple of times to do with not waking properly from sleep mode. During the last repair they changed the...
  8. My windows boot manager is missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My windows boot manager is missing: So i turned on my pc yesterday and i got the screen "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key" i then restart and go into bios and the only boot option is my hard drive the windows boot manager is missing and when i try...
  9. windows 10 boot manager missing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 boot manager missing.: i have a hp 450 g5 that says boot manager missing. the only other computer i have access to is a samsung xe500c12 chromebook. i have downloaded the windows iso on a flashdrive but the hp wont boot from it. any suggestions...
  10. Boot Manager Missing and System Repair Not Compatible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot Manager Missing and System Repair Not Compatible: I'm really sorry if there has been a post about this already but I've been struggling with this issue for 2 days and have found solutions but all lead to problems again. My situation is that after a recent issue with my user profile going "missing" (I think) I thought do,...