Windows 10: Boot manager question

Discus and support Boot manager question in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Just a quick question for clarification : In Bios (Uefi) Windows Boot Manager is displayed at the top of the boot order. Is this the same as the Boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by thomaseg1, Jun 18, 2019.

1. thomaseg1 Win User

Boot manager question

Just a quick question for clarification :

In Bios (Uefi) Windows Boot Manager is displayed at the top of the boot order.
    Is this the same as the Boot manager in Windows?

Boot manager question [​IMG]

:)

thomaseg1, Jun 18, 2019

2. Windows boot manager

There could be some system conflict triggered after the said changes. To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform a clean boot. A
    clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This will help to determine what is causing the issue on the Windows boot manager. To do this, click on this
    link and scroll down to the
    How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot section then follow the steps listed..

Note: If the installation is successful and the issue has been resolved. Please go through the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual” to reset your computer to the normal startup.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jun 18, 2019
  3. Boatvan Win User
    Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Jun 18, 2019
  4. GNJha Win User

Boot manager question

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jun 18, 2019
Thema:

Boot manager question

1. Boot manager question - Similar Threads - Boot manager question

2. Manage-bde question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Manage-bde question: I have two computer both have bitlocker enabledSecond one d drive need manage-bde commandTo decrypt1.If decrypt with this command, will it lose encryption protection in use for d drive?2.C drive never need to use manage-bde to decryptDoes it mean that confidential data should...
  3. File Manager question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Manager question: I have a parent folder with a large number of child folders. I am deleting some of them. Every time I delete one, the view goes back to the top of the parent folder. Then I have to find where I left off. Can I change this?...
  4. Question on task manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question on task manager: So I may be tripping but I recently found out about task manager and check it often, I find everything to be good except an application saying “Your Phone (2)” I click on it and it says Runtime broker, and Your Phone. I’m aware of what the application is, basically linking...
  5. Display management question

Display management question: Hello, I have a laptop running Windows 10. I also have 2 external monitors I like to use along with the laptop screen. One monitor is on my left and one is on my right with the laptop in the center. Here's my problem. When I use all three screens, everything works fine. But...
  6. Disk management question

Disk management question: How to convert dynamic partition to basic partition through disk management or any other free helpful application. submitted by /u/iMahdik99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f5crcj/disk_management_question/
  7. Secure Boot question (Expert Key Management)?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Secure Boot question (Expert Key Management)?: I want to enable Secure Boot, but there is another option under the Secure Boot menu within the UEFI firmware section that I don't know what it means and my question is, should I enable the Expert Key Management options as well when enabling Secure Boot? 101207
  8. Session Manager question

in Browsers and Email
    Session Manager question: When using session manager in chrome, when the tabs open it starts with the tabs that opens on the right. I would like it to open on with the left tab. How do I accomplish this? thx 95152
  9. Disk management question?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk management question?: In Disk Management..When you create a New Simple Volume on Unallocated space there is a screen where you must select a drive letter. I'm presuming that when you choose a drive letter here that it will be a fixed drive letter. Is there any way of creating a new simple volume...
  10. Task Manager questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager questions: In previous Windows versions the Task Manager had several tabs, for applications to memory usage. It now only has running applications. What happened to the other tabs? Where can they be seen? Thank you for your help. 49078