Windows 10: Boot Manager

Discus and support Boot Manager in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there I am a systems developer and have need of two installations of windows 10. I currently have windows 10 installed on one SSD I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Joepublicsatellite, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Boot Manager

Hi there

I am a systems developer and have need of two installations of windows 10.

I currently have windows 10 installed on one SSD

I have installed another version on an additional SSD

I was hoping at boot that the boot manager program would give me the option of which version to boot into - but it doesn't

Any help greatly appreciated

Joe

:)

Joepublicsatellite, Jun 13, 2019

2. Windows boot manager

There could be some system conflict triggered after the said changes. To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform a clean boot. A
    clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This will help to determine what is causing the issue on the Windows boot manager. To do this, click on this
    link and scroll down to the
    How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot section then follow the steps listed..

Note: If the installation is successful and the issue has been resolved. Please go through the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual” to reset your computer to the normal startup.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jun 13, 2019
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jun 13, 2019
  4. adj592 Win User

Boot Manager

No Windows Boot Manager on dual boot system (7 & 10)

I thought I'd just post a little guide.

This is the only thing that worked on my ASUS N55SF dual boot system: Win7 on HDD (MBR) and Win10 on SSD (GPT).

Step 1
    Assuming that you have already Win7 installed on your primary disk, install Win10 on your secondary disk.

Step 2
    When install is done, enter your BIOS and go to the Boot section. There you should see "Windows Boot Manager" as your default boot option. Change it so that your primary disk (where you have Win7 installed) becomes your default boot option (it should be something like "P0:" followed by your disk model number, mine is "P0: ST9750423AS"). Save and restart.

Step 3
    Now Win7 should start automatically (no boot manager showing up). Enter Win7, open an elevated command prompt and run
    bcdboot X:\windows
    where X is the Win10 system partition as seen from Win7, typically E, F, G or H.

Step 4
    Restart. You should now see the Windows Boot Manager (probably the Windows 10 GUI boot manager). Select Windows 10, install your audio drivers (if you already have, I suggest you uninstall them and restart before doing this), restart and you're done.

adj592, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Boot Manager

1. Boot Manager - Similar Threads - Boot Manager

2. Task manager disables on boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task manager disables on boot: Hi guys, I am facing the following problem. On every boot, I get the message of giving permission to the Registry Editor to make changes on my device. On giving the permission, it disables the task manager. If I do not permit, then it goes into safe mode. To enable the Task...
  3. Windows Boot Manager Overwritten another disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Boot Manager Overwritten another disk: I had a linux distro with LUKS encryption installed on my M.2 Ssd. I installed windows 10 on my hhd only to discover that the boot manager wasnt happy to stay only on the drive I allocated to it, but it also installed itself on my ssd without permission and erased my grub so...
  4. How to fix windown manager boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to fix windown manager boot: My window is stuck in infinite boot and when I suppressed f12, it was like this then f2 is goes up Enter current password[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-windown-manager-boot/7c4ab3d5-e20f-4dfa-8944-34b85583e544
  5. Multiple instance of Windows boot manager in UEFI

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple instance of Windows boot manager in UEFI: Hi guys, im quite sure this might be a fairly simple one, but a little scared to change whats active and whats not My system is win 10 pro with GPT drives and only 1 OS. In my UEFI i have 2 windows boot manager pointing to the same phsyical hard drive. Wondering if its...
  6. How do I change the behaviour of Windows Boot Manager?

How do I change the behaviour of Windows Boot Manager?: I bought an SSD for my laptop a while ago. Because my desktop was running out of storage, I decided to use the old hard drive of my laptop for free storage. When I inserted it, Windows was still on there. Then I formatted it. I thought that now my desktop would behave like...
  7. Windows 10 Boot Manager Error Code 0xo0000098

Windows 10 Boot Manager Error Code 0xo0000098: This error occured in past as well. The solution was also give Here. But today it happened again after I reinstalled windows and now the previous solution is not working. So I am posting this again. I am also attaching a picture of the error screen. After I received this...
  8. Boot manager

Boot manager: Hello I am a windows 10 user and recently windows boot manager popped up when I was starting up my pc. Idk what to do so I clicked esc. Please tell me what this is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-manager/b5153979-fe6f-4015-a8ce-93ed87215c20
  9. I cant open the boot manager

I cant open the boot manager: Can’t open bootmanager! Hi! So I factory reset my pc today and I was going to reinstall windows 10 with a USB stick. My pc is a HP Pavilion P6-2067sc (with upgraded parts gpu cpu and ram) I have tried pressing all the keys at this point. Help me please! :( submitted by...
  10. Windows Boot Manager font changed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Boot Manager font changed: When I repaired my BCD, the bootloader font changed. Here's how it's supposed to look: [ATTACH]here's how it looks now: [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-boot-manager-font-changed/b7bd7971-e6da-482d-b3da-5149392920d3