Windows 10: Boot Manager

Discus and support Boot Manager in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there I am a systems developer and have need of two installations of windows 10. I currently have windows 10 installed on one SSD I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Joepublicsatellite, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Boot Manager

Hi there

I am a systems developer and have need of two installations of windows 10.

I currently have windows 10 installed on one SSD

I have installed another version on an additional SSD

I was hoping at boot that the boot manager program would give me the option of which version to boot into - but it doesn't

Any help greatly appreciated

Joe

:)

Joepublicsatellite, Jun 13, 2019

2. Windows boot manager

There could be some system conflict triggered after the said changes. To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform a clean boot. A
    clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This will help to determine what is causing the issue on the Windows boot manager. To do this, click on this
    link and scroll down to the
    How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot section then follow the steps listed..

Note: If the installation is successful and the issue has been resolved. Please go through the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual” to reset your computer to the normal startup.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jun 13, 2019
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jun 13, 2019
  4. adj592 Win User

Boot Manager

No Windows Boot Manager on dual boot system (7 & 10)

I thought I'd just post a little guide.

This is the only thing that worked on my ASUS N55SF dual boot system: Win7 on HDD (MBR) and Win10 on SSD (GPT).

Step 1
    Assuming that you have already Win7 installed on your primary disk, install Win10 on your secondary disk.

Step 2
    When install is done, enter your BIOS and go to the Boot section. There you should see "Windows Boot Manager" as your default boot option. Change it so that your primary disk (where you have Win7 installed) becomes your default boot option (it should be something like "P0:" followed by your disk model number, mine is "P0: ST9750423AS"). Save and restart.

Step 3
    Now Win7 should start automatically (no boot manager showing up). Enter Win7, open an elevated command prompt and run
    bcdboot X:\windows
    where X is the Win10 system partition as seen from Win7, typically E, F, G or H.

Step 4
    Restart. You should now see the Windows Boot Manager (probably the Windows 10 GUI boot manager). Select Windows 10, install your audio drivers (if you already have, I suggest you uninstall them and restart before doing this), restart and you're done.

adj592, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Boot Manager

1. Boot Manager - Similar Threads - Boot Manager

2. Windows won't boot after partition management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't boot after partition management: Hello, on Windows 10 I recently used "Resize-C/IM-Magic partition resizer" to move my C: drive partition to the left where there was about 500mb of unallocated space. To apply the change it required a reboot, I was then going to extend the partition through Disk Management...
  3. Windows won't boot after partition management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't boot after partition management: Hello, on Windows 10 I recently used "Resize-C/IM-Magic partition resizer" to move my C: drive partition to the left where there was about 500mb of unallocated space. To apply the change it required a reboot, I was then going to extend the partition through Disk Management...
  4. Windows won't boot after partition management

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. when I try to boot into the bios it loads into the windows boot manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when I try to boot into the bios it loads into the windows boot manager: when I try to boot into the bios it loads into the windows boot manager instead according to copilot could anyone tell me why? when I boot up windows it works fine though and I am sending this from my laptop which is an acer laptop. I cant send a picture of it because it is...
  6. when I try to boot into the bios it loads into the windows boot manager

when I try to boot into the bios it loads into the windows boot manager: when I try to boot into the bios it loads into the windows boot manager instead according to copilot could anyone tell me why? when I boot up windows it works fine though and I am sending this from my laptop which is an acer laptop. I cant send a picture of it because it is...
  7. Windows boot manager - Add new disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows boot manager - Add new disk: Hi team. Can you bring me some documentation. I have a win10 installed in a M2-nvm disk The BIOS only shows me one option to boot: Windows boot manager. I want to add another disk and install Linux. So then I'd like to choose between the win10 disk and the linux disk. When I...
  8. Windows boot manager - Add new disk

Windows boot manager - Add new disk: Hi team. Can you bring me some documentation. I have a win10 installed in a M2-nvm disk The BIOS only shows me one option to boot: Windows boot manager. I want to add another disk and install Linux. So then I'd like to choose between the win10 disk and the linux disk. When I...
  9. Windows boot manager - Add new disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Stuck in boot manager loop trying to recover my files.

Stuck in boot manager loop trying to recover my files.: Hi everyone,I am having trouble fixing a problem with my laptop. When I start up my laptop I get a "Default boot device is missing or boot failed. Insert recovery media and hit any key. Then select 'boot manager' to choose a new boot device or to boot recovery media".This...