Windows 10: Boot Menu

Discus and support Boot Menu in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [ATTACH]I'm getting to the point where I might just give up on this laptop at first I was just simply trying to reset pc then that didn't work so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JJJoseph1, Jul 16, 2019.

1. JJJoseph1 Win User

Boot Menu

Boot Menu bfffd8d7-3ccb-4a8e-abbc-9ce55bf0a699?upload=true.jpg I'm getting to the point where I might just give up on this laptop at first I was just simply trying to reset pc then that didn't work so I went to youtube to fix that after that my laptop ended up doing to automatic repair thing and I couldn't go back to my desk top so I went to youtube again after that it showed a recovery page with an error code I doubt is important now after that I went to youtube again this this happened as you can see by the picture like things keep getting worse and I'm very aggravated and I don't have money to get it fix or get a new one and plus I'm a do it myself kind of person I need this laptop to edit for my youtube if there is anyone that can help me I tried pressing enter to leave this screen and also pressing esc button to exit but it bought me back to this page please someone help

:)

JJJoseph1, Jul 16, 2019

2. No startup boot menu

Hello Kimoefat,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to access the System configuration utility and check if the Operating System installation path for Ubuntu exists. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Type msconfig in the search bar and select System Configuration from the search results.
    • Select the boot tab in the System configuration console to check if the installation path for Ubuntu exists.
    If it exists, next logical step is to check if the boot menu time out has been set to 0, which results in Boot menu not showing up.

The boot menu time-out determines how long the boot menu is displayed before the default boot entry is loaded. It is calibrated in seconds. To change the boot menu time-out, use the Bootcfg
    /timeout switch. Valid values are from 0 through 999. You cannot use Bootcfg to set an indefinite time-out.

You can run the following Run command line to set the boot menu time-out accordingly. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt

• Type in the following command: bootcfg /timeout 10

timeout 10
      will set the time frame to 10 seconds
    However, if the Boot path for Ubuntu does not exist in the boot menu of System Configuration utility, I would suggest you to check if the Ubuntu is overridden by the Windows installation or if the Ubuntu installation files are corrupted.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

4. Boot Menu

Boot Menu

Hi Harieo,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Refer the thread below and check if it helps.

How to restore missing dual boot menu in latest Windows 10 build

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• While at boot on the Choose an operating system screen, click/tap on
      Change defaults or choose other options at the bottom.
    • Click/tap on Choose other options.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

Boot Menu

1. Boot Menu - Similar Threads - Boot Menu

2. Windows 11 Boot Menu stuck with Best Buy Boot MRI PE /windows from in store repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Boot Menu stuck with Best Buy Boot MRI PE /windows from in store repair: I recently took my computer to Best Buy for possible repair since I bought the PC from them.I am pretty knowledgeable about computers and did every test myself from the UEFI Bios to Hewitt Packard diagnostics.I have a code 41 & code 125 event codes in Event Viewer, perhaps an...
  3. Windows 11 Boot Menu stuck with Best Buy Boot MRI PE /windows from in store repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Boot Menu stuck with Best Buy Boot MRI PE /windows from in store repair: I recently took my computer to Best Buy for possible repair since I bought the PC from them.I am pretty knowledgeable about computers and did every test myself from the UEFI Bios to Hewitt Packard diagnostics.I have a code 41 & code 125 event codes in Event Viewer, perhaps an...
  4. Ssd hidden in boot menu after first restart with fresh win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ssd hidden in boot menu after first restart with fresh win11: hello everyone, i need some help with my msi pe60 laptop running win11 . i bought a Nvme ssd 970 evo , installed it everything work good but when i restarted my laptop it directly go in bios menu again and again. nd i try to change boot sequence i can't see my ssd in booth...
  5. Ssd hidden in boot menu after first restart with fresh win11

Ssd hidden in boot menu after first restart with fresh win11: hello everyone, i need some help with my msi pe60 laptop running win11 . i bought a Nvme ssd 970 evo , installed it everything work good but when i restarted my laptop it directly go in bios menu again and again. nd i try to change boot sequence i can't see my ssd in booth...
  6. Can't find boot priority order in bios menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find boot priority order in bios menu: I got an SSDc installed in my laptop which is the main drive now with the os. I wanted to switch back to a different drived as main boot priority. I even migrated os from C to D successfully but, in the bios menu all I see is:Boot mode UEFIFast bootPXE Boot to lanIPV4 PXE...
  7. Can't find boot priority order in bios menu

Can't find boot priority order in bios menu: I got an SSDc installed in my laptop which is the main drive now with the os. I wanted to switch back to a different drived as main boot priority. I even migrated os from C to D successfully but, in the bios menu all I see is:Boot mode UEFIFast bootPXE Boot to lanIPV4 PXE...
  8. Can't find boot priority order in bios menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. I am using Windows 11 and everytime I start my laptop it ask me to go to boot menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am using Windows 11 and everytime I start my laptop it ask me to go to boot menu.: I have a ACER Core i3 laptop and i have been using windows since 5 years. I have started facing this problem very recently. When ever I start my laptop it asks me to go to the Boot Menu. I tried to restart it many times yet the problem stays the sameCan you please tell me how...
  10. I am using Windows 11 and everytime I start my laptop it ask me to go to boot menu.

I am using Windows 11 and everytime I start my laptop it ask me to go to boot menu.: I have a ACER Core i3 laptop and i have been using windows since 5 years. I have started facing this problem very recently. When ever I start my laptop it asks me to go to the Boot Menu. I tried to restart it many times yet the problem stays the sameCan you please tell me how...