Windows 10: BOOT MGR missing after playing with settings in Disk Manager

Discus and support BOOT MGR missing after playing with settings in Disk Manager in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Help.. I will try to get straight to the point and I really appreciate anyone who can help! I googled a lot and tried things but nothing is working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/eeto_, May 29, 2020.

1. /u/eeto_ Win User

BOOT MGR missing after playing with settings in Disk Manager

Help..

I will try to get straight to the point and I really appreciate anyone who can help! I googled a lot and tried things but nothing is working out.

Problem: BOOT MGR missing + main drive w/ OS cannot be found in BIOS after Disk Manager settings were changed (unfortunately i do not remember what i changed)

Story: (skip if not interested) I have an 8-year-old computer which has not been used for 2-3 years. I started using it because my laptop died. it works perfectly fine. I decided to pass it on to my father after i get my new laptop. However, just before I got my new laptop (on the same day). While prepping the desktop for my father's use, I tried to fixed something that got on my nerve quite a bit eventhough it didn't affect the computer in anyway. That something is my C:/ always appears at my removable disk option eventhough I cannot remove it using it. I went to disk manager settings and changed some settings which i do not remember but nothing happened. So I took it nothing happened and turned it off. The next time i turned it on, BOOT MGR Missing.

What I tried:

1) I followed the steps of a reply in the link getting the installation and running troubleshooting. Error in troubleshooting. Cannot troubleshoot at all.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3gitsn/windows_10_bootmgr_is_missing/

2) Other random stuff like going into BIOS which might have led to the OS Drive going missing.

What I intend to do:

I intent to open my CPU again and change the ports being used for the HDD. Probably wouldn't make a difference but I am so lost right now.

Another issue is that I lost my CD-Key for Windows.. it was initially Windows 7 then upgraded to 10.

Please help..

submitted by /u/eeto_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/eeto_, May 29, 2020
  2. byali Win User

win10 boot mgr missing

I have upgraded to win1064bit.Now the screen is showing " boot mgr missing".I don't have recovery disk. How to solve this

byali, May 29, 2020
  3. Boot MGR constantly missing.

well i have 3 drives, two of em are 320gb and one is 250gb. originally i had windows on the 250gb one. then, it crapped out, so i removed it, unplugged the other 320 and installed vista on the other 320gb. after vista installed, i plugged in the other 320gb (which never had windows installed on it). everytime i reboot my computer, i have to have the vista cd in my drive for the computer to boot. i dont have to do the "repair" function, just have the disk in the drive. otherwise the computer will tell me boot mgr is missing. looks like i have to hook up a third cheap dvd drive and keep the disk in it forever hehe.

karolpl2004, May 29, 2020
  4. BOOT MGR missing after playing with settings in Disk Manager

Boot MGR constantly missing.

hi guys,
    Well it came down to it and I had to reinstall windows. Since MircoSucks doesnt allow me to use my LEGAL cd key on the side of my computer, I pirated a copy of vista. As far as i see it, once you pay for it once, you should have access to it as long as you need. The problem is, everytime i boot my computer, i have to have the vista cd in the drive, otherwise i cant boot. i tried using several methods including the vista cd itself to rebuild the boot mgr, but the problem just doesn't go away. I also tried this method http://www.techenclave.com/guides-and-tutorials/moving-vista-boot-manager-bcd-114342.html but it doesnt help. according to bcdedit command in cmd, windows boot loader is on C:, and the manager is on D:, even though, when reinstalling vista, i made sure to unplug all other hard drives in case something like this was to happen.

karolpl2004, May 29, 2020
Thema:

BOOT MGR missing after playing with settings in Disk Manager

1. BOOT MGR missing after playing with settings in Disk Manager - Similar Threads - BOOT MGR missing

2. battery missing from D Mgr

in Windows 10 Gaming
    battery missing from D Mgr: Follow online instruction to reinstalll battery icon but battery not showing in Device Manager.How to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-missing-from-d-mgr/f17cb284-2316-4e4a-b789-cf4c02c0e7e9
  3. battery missing from D Mgr

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    battery missing from D Mgr: Follow online instruction to reinstalll battery icon but battery not showing in Device Manager.How to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-missing-from-d-mgr/f17cb284-2316-4e4a-b789-cf4c02c0e7e9
  4. battery missing from D Mgr

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows Boot Manager Missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Boot Manager Missing: Just bought a Ideacentre 510a. I tried to clone my previous HD to the NVMe M2, but for some reason after doing this, I lost my profile, only Administrator was available on both drives, and I couldn't add a profile at all. After a few hours of fighting with it, I used the...
  6. boot mgr not found endless loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    boot mgr not found endless loop: When we started the computer this morning we got the message Windows was going to automatically repair itself. After several cannot repair messages we tried the advance options - repair, restore from system restore, restore from backup, boot into windows safe mode and...
  7. Getting the Boot MGR missing message after cloning

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Getting the Boot MGR missing message after cloning: Hey, so I've cloned my HDD to my SSD and everything worked perfectly fine. I then wanted to switch back to my HDD as the boot device to see if I can fix some broken directories but was greeted with the "boot mgr missing" message. I'm not sure as to why this would be as I...
  8. ssd file missing in disk management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ssd file missing in disk management: I have loaded a Samsung 1000GB pcie ssd in the x4 pcie slot on my dell xps 8910. the disk shows up in my BIOS, but I cannot see any sign of it in my windows 10 os. It does not show up in disk management screens and trying to load the Samsung driver says that the disk in...
  9. Boot manager missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot manager missing: I have two identical Dell Precision 3430 desktop units with a 500GB RAID 1 array and Windows 10 on them. I set one up and created an image of it to load onto the other with a third party imaging program, Acronis True Image. In the Acronis software the image restored...
  10. win10 boot mgr missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10 boot mgr missing: I have upgraded to win1064bit.Now the screen is showing " boot mgr missing".I don't have recovery disk. How to solve this 21550