Windows 10: boot multiple OS from external HDD

Discus and support boot multiple OS from external HDD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, first, i really do not know where should i place this post so it´s here. ok, i bought new external USB hard drive, and created 4 partitions.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Msprg, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Msprg Win User

boot multiple OS from external HDD

Hi,

first, i really do not know where should i place this post so it´s here.

ok, i bought new external USB hard drive, and created 4 partitions.
    1. windows 7 to go
    2. windows 10 to go
    3. multiboot linux tools created with YUMI.
    4. normal data for movies etc...

but i have problem i discovered that i can have only one partition currently marked as active at one time.

so i need something like "initial boot partition" wich will contains something like boot menu. but i does not know how to create that.

hope you help me. thanks.

:)

Msprg, Aug 26, 2017

2. Windows10 Pro x64 Crash BSOD

Windows 10 seems not being able to handle USB external Hard Disk drives

OS crashs with a blue screen with a memory error, and then reboots and even if i leave the External HDD on, and pluged in, it boots up and fails to recognize a drive is plugged in.

The External HDD is fully functional and working with no problem with my other Win7 machine.

RicardoRSW, Aug 26, 2017
  3. Data lost when transacted in a HDD which was shutdown using hibernate option

Hi,

I had a trouble with one of HDD in laptop so i bought a new one.

To copy data before i changed HDD which already had OS,i shutdown the laptop,took out the faulty HDD and connected the new HDD and booted the OS.

Now i connected the faulty HDD as external drive and copied data from it to new HDD which was earlier shutdown using hibernate option.

But post restart the HDD shows freedrive space to be occipued but no data or folders to be seen.Please help.this has around 8 years of data.

Subramanyam S V (COMMUNICATIONS), Aug 26, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

bro67, Aug 26, 2017
Thema:

1. boot multiple OS from external HDD - Similar Threads - boot multiple external

2. External HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HDD: What would happen to the Windows 10 installation on my SSD if I connected an external HDD with Linux installed on it, whilst using Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hdd/54e8dff5-f3f2-4f6d-8365-d6c9969434cb
  3. How to Change Boot Disk from Internal HDD to External SSD

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Change Boot Disk from Internal HDD to External SSD: I've cloned C onto new external SSD. All I need now is: How do I make the PC boot from the new external SSD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-boot-disk-from-internal-hdd-to/c32a0a25-6c69-4d8a-9835-ad20bb4bb05d
  4. External HDD

External HDD: Hello, I recently used the Media Creation tool to reinstall windows on my system, and the drive was set to 31.9GB instead of the original size 1TB. I fixed that issue, by extending the volume. anyway, if I format it, it doesn't show up in This PC. so I had to create a...
  5. External HDD

External HDD: I have an older Seagate 1 TB external HDD, but my new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 won't let me open it. It shows up under my computer, but doesn't allow me access; it reads "You don't currently have permission to access this folder". When I click on "continue", it prompts...
  6. Copy files from external HDD to internal HDD faster!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Copy files from external HDD to internal HDD faster!: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam, I have an external HDD of 465 GB and I have 360 GB of space. Please tell me how I can quickly copy files to my internal HDD, how to download speed (move), or if you know any program for this or changes to Quick Move Registry. I mention that I tried...
  7. move windows os from ssd to hdd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    move windows os from ssd to hdd: How to move windows os from ssd to hdd. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-windows-os-from-ssd-to-hdd/bb3498ed-d913-4da0-b429-c86bfcd6ad21
  8. Removing windows os from SSD and boot from hdd

Removing windows os from SSD and boot from hdd: I have cloned my ssd to hdd using macrium and used easybcd for dual booting.but now i only want to boot from hdd and remove windows os from ssd.what should i do?...
  9. External HDD don't boot anymore

External HDD don't boot anymore: I have an external harddrive with 2 partitions: one for mass storage and backup (4 tb) one for booting windows installations, macrium reflect and other media that needs to run from boot (8 gb) The bootable partition I reused for various tasks, everytime I needed to use...
  10. How to Dual Boot Multiple HDD's

How to Dual Boot Multiple HDD's: First and foremost to the Moderators if this isn't the right place I apologize. It seems right. Here is what I have: 3 Internal HDD's: One is my main Windows 10 Installation and the other 2 are simple storage. What I want: Install Windows 7 to one of them and dual...