Windows 10: boot multiple OS from external HDD

Discus and support boot multiple OS from external HDD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, first, i really do not know where should i place this post so it´s here. ok, i bought new external USB hard drive, and created 4 partitions.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Msprg, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Msprg Win User

boot multiple OS from external HDD

Hi,

first, i really do not know where should i place this post so it´s here.

ok, i bought new external USB hard drive, and created 4 partitions.
    1. windows 7 to go
    2. windows 10 to go
    3. multiboot linux tools created with YUMI.
    4. normal data for movies etc...

but i have problem i discovered that i can have only one partition currently marked as active at one time.

so i need something like "initial boot partition" wich will contains something like boot menu. but i does not know how to create that.

hope you help me. thanks.

:)

Msprg, Aug 26, 2017

2. Windows10 Pro x64 Crash BSOD

Windows 10 seems not being able to handle USB external Hard Disk drives

OS crashs with a blue screen with a memory error, and then reboots and even if i leave the External HDD on, and pluged in, it boots up and fails to recognize a drive is plugged in.

The External HDD is fully functional and working with no problem with my other Win7 machine.

RicardoRSW, Aug 26, 2017
  3. Data lost when transacted in a HDD which was shutdown using hibernate option

Hi,

I had a trouble with one of HDD in laptop so i bought a new one.

To copy data before i changed HDD which already had OS,i shutdown the laptop,took out the faulty HDD and connected the new HDD and booted the OS.

Now i connected the faulty HDD as external drive and copied data from it to new HDD which was earlier shutdown using hibernate option.

But post restart the HDD shows freedrive space to be occipued but no data or folders to be seen.Please help.this has around 8 years of data.

Subramanyam S V (COMMUNICATIONS), Aug 26, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

bro67, Aug 26, 2017
Thema:

1. boot multiple OS from external HDD - Similar Threads - boot multiple external

2. Not booting windows 10 from external HDD in other PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not booting windows 10 from external HDD in other PC: Here is a scenario i am facing right now. I had hdd in my laptop with windows 10 with 4 partitions along with system reserved. I repalced hdd with ssd and got an enclosure for the hdd. I got another laptop that had win 10 running in it but its hdd got corrupted and i threw it...
  3. Not booting windows 10 from external HDD in other PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not booting windows 10 from external HDD in other PC: Here is a scenario i am facing right now. I had hdd in my laptop with windows 10 with 4 partitions along with system reserved. I repalced hdd with ssd and got an enclosure for the hdd. I got another laptop that had win 10 running in it but its hdd got corrupted and i threw it...
  4. Not booting windows 10 from external HDD in other PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Laptop not booting from external HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop not booting from external HDD: I cloned the contents of my m.2 SSD (including my OS) to an external HDD because I wanted to swap the SSD for a faster one. The problem is that when I boot the laptop just with the external HDD, I get error code 0xc000025. Anyone who came across this issue? Would appreciate...
  6. error while attempting to boot from external HDD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error while attempting to boot from external HDD: Hello I've cloned my drive to a HDD and get the stopcode INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE_ when I try to boot from the external hdd. I've disconnected all other devices, updated bios, and changed boot priority to try and fix the problem. Both drives are GPT. I've seen some people...
  7. external HDD will not boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external HDD will not boot: I have 3- Seagate 8TB external HDD. I was the Windows disk cleaning to recover space. deleting temp files, unused files, etc. I have used this tool before and it is pretty straight forward. the disk cleaning finished I turned the computer off as I normally do. the next day...
  8. OS from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OS from HDD to SSD: I’m trying to migrate my operating system from the HDD to SSD however when I choose, which one I want it to go to( the ssd) it says cannot use source disk. This doesn’t make any sense because windows folder is clearly on the HDD and I use the HDD as a boot drive so I can not...
  9. Removing windows os from SSD and boot from hdd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing windows os from SSD and boot from hdd: I have cloned my ssd to hdd using macrium and used easybcd for dual booting.but now i only want to boot from hdd and remove windows os from ssd.what should i do?...
  10. How to Dual Boot Multiple HDD's

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Dual Boot Multiple HDD's: First and foremost to the Moderators if this isn't the right place I apologize. It seems right. Here is what I have: 3 Internal HDD's: One is my main Windows 10 Installation and the other 2 are simple storage. What I want: Install Windows 7 to one of them and dual...