Windows 10: Boot not that fast

Discus and support Boot not that fast in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello I have a new configuration (z170 chipset, i3-6320, fast SSD) for my desktop and it boots slower than my laptop (Acer V3-574G (i7-5500) with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Astrakan, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Astrakan Win User

Boot not that fast

Hello

I have a new configuration (z170 chipset, i3-6320, fast SSD) for my desktop and it boots slower than my laptop (Acer V3-574G (i7-5500) with the same SSD as my desktop). I don't think the i3-6320 vs i7-5500 can explain such difference.
    First thing is that Hibernation and Fastboot are activated but not working on my dektop PC: command "Get-WinEvent -ProviderName Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-boot -MaxEvents 10 | Where-Object {$_.id -like “27”}" gives me 0x0 (cold boot from full shutdown). Parameters ares ok in settings and in registry (hiberboot = 1).
    I tried using Fast boot and MSI fast boot in the bios: no effect. I tried to enable win10 whql in bios but it is disabled after rebooting, with a warning message saying that my graphic card does not have GOP.
    So, I'm not able to fast boot due to an "old" hd7750 graphic card ?

No big deal but I'd like to know what is going on. Quiet frustrating to have a faster cheap laptop ! *Smile

Thanks !

:)

Astrakan, Feb 10, 2016
  2. JimWynne Win User

fast boot

Is this a question or a command?

JimWynne, Feb 10, 2016
  3. fast boot

turn on fast boot in Win 10

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum topic.***

davidelwonger, Feb 10, 2016
  4. luarpc Win User

Boot not that fast

luarpc, Feb 10, 2016
  5. Astrakan Win User
    Astrakan, Feb 10, 2016
  6. RonCFL Win User
    Disable all SVC in start up ..

Still ...slow ...? Reinsatll windows ... start fresh ..

RonCFL, Feb 10, 2016
  7. Astrakan Win User
    My install cannot be fresher. My boot time is not so slow: 23 seconds between power ON and user logon window. The fact is that my laptop is faster: <15s. I'd just like to understand why Fastboot is ON but not used by OS.

Astrakan, Feb 10, 2016
  8. Astrakan Win User

Boot not that fast

Searching a bit more I found this : http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-1...-uefi-gop.html
    So : no gop compatible graphic card = no fast boot
    This explains why my laptop is faster: it is from june 2015 and my graphic card from 2012 ...
    Will try to find a custom vbios for my GC.

Astrakan, Feb 10, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
    Is AHCI enabled for your desktop SSD? (Old mode for SATA = IDE)

Can you see hyberfil.sys on C: with hibernation enabled? (Note it's normally hidden, being a system file)

dalchina, Feb 11, 2016
  10. Astrakan Win User
    Yes, everything seems to be correctly configurated. Seems that a GOP graphic card is needed to have full working fastboot.

Astrakan, Feb 11, 2016
  11. ajs11 Win User
    Will fast boot works on legacy bios??
    What about Intel core i3 and Intel HD 3000??

ajs11, Feb 11, 2016
  12. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Feb 11, 2016
  13. Archie123 Win User

Boot not that fast

Is it taking a long time to boot into windows AFTER your bios has loaded? are you talking about total boot time including bios load? if you have an ssd windows should boot to desktop quickly but it doesnt start booting until your bios has loaded some motherboards especially thoise with XMP ram and overclocked systems can take what seems like an age to finish checking bios , fast boot wont make any differance in this instance. Once you see that blue window or that spinning circle for the first time thats windows loading anything before that you cant change (enabling fast boot in bios makes the system do less checks and can save a second or two but it wont make "windows" boot any faster

Archie123, Feb 11, 2016
  14. WHS
    whs Win User
    Is there a big difference in RAM between these 2 systems. That could explain the different boot times.

15. Astrakan Win User
    Astrakan, Feb 12, 2016
Thema:

Boot not that fast

1. Boot not that fast - Similar Threads - Boot fast

2. Bsod + No boot + Fast beep sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod + No boot + Fast beep sound: My pc just crashed after i run a game Will reseting bios or unplug ram will work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-no-boot-fast-beep-sound/e5871c49-8da5-4650-9b9a-f5106bfa6a94
  3. Bsod + No boot + Fast beep sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod + No boot + Fast beep sound: My pc just crashed after i run a game Will reseting bios or unplug ram will work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-no-boot-fast-beep-sound/e5871c49-8da5-4650-9b9a-f5106bfa6a94
  4. Bsod + No boot + Fast beep sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC Boots Fast But Windows Is Slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Boots Fast But Windows Is Slow: Hi there,I have a really frustrating problem with my pc.I have reinstalled windows multiple times and searched the whole internet for a solution and tried everything I can possibly find on already existing topics but I can't seem to find a solution.The problem is my pc boots...
  6. PC Boots Fast But Windows Is Slow

PC Boots Fast But Windows Is Slow: Hi there,I have a really frustrating problem with my pc.I have reinstalled windows multiple times and searched the whole internet for a solution and tried everything I can possibly find on already existing topics but I can't seem to find a solution.The problem is my pc boots...
  7. I have set my 'Fast Boot' to disabled in my BIOS, but when i try to launch a loader on my...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I have set my 'Fast Boot' to disabled in my BIOS, but when i try to launch a loader on my...: I have set my 'Fast Boot' to disabled in my BIOS, but when i try to launch a loader on my PC it is telling me that Fast Boot is still enabled? any solution?Also, on the power and sleep menu i do not have the 'fast boot' option to untick?...
  8. I have set my 'Fast Boot' to disabled in my BIOS, but when i try to launch a loader on my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have set my 'Fast Boot' to disabled in my BIOS, but when i try to launch a loader on my...: I have set my 'Fast Boot' to disabled in my BIOS, but when i try to launch a loader on my PC it is telling me that Fast Boot is still enabled? any solution?Also, on the power and sleep menu i do not have the 'fast boot' option to untick?...
  9. I have set my 'Fast Boot' to disabled in my BIOS, but when i try to launch a loader on my...

10. Why does a Secure boot window flash on and off very fast, Why?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does a Secure boot window flash on and off very fast, Why?: A window will flash on and off very fast. I see Secure Boot in the window but that's all because it flashes very fast. My system is Asus AMD Athlon tm II x2 220 processor and my BIOS version/date Americian Megatrends inc. 0504. I'm using Windows Pro with 8 GB memory, My...