Windows 10: Boot option menu

Discus and support Boot option menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; ⬆️ and⬇️ to change option, ENTER to select an option What should I will do to solve this ,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gudduchaudhary, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Boot option menu

⬆️ and⬇️ to change option, ENTER to select an option

What should I will do to solve this ,

:)

gudduchaudhary, Dec 5, 2018

2. Boot Menu

Hi Harieo,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Refer the thread below and check if it helps.

How to restore missing dual boot menu in latest Windows 10 build

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• While at boot on the Choose an operating system screen, click/tap on
      Change defaults or choose other options at the bottom.
    • Click/tap on Choose other options.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 5, 2018
  3. No startup boot menu

Hello Kimoefat,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to access the System configuration utility and check if the Operating System installation path for Ubuntu exists. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Type msconfig in the search bar and select System Configuration from the search results.
    • Select the boot tab in the System configuration console to check if the installation path for Ubuntu exists.
    If it exists, next logical step is to check if the boot menu time out has been set to 0, which results in Boot menu not showing up.

The boot menu time-out determines how long the boot menu is displayed before the default boot entry is loaded. It is calibrated in seconds. To change the boot menu time-out, use the Bootcfg
    /timeout switch. Valid values are from 0 through 999. You cannot use Bootcfg to set an indefinite time-out.

You can run the following Run command line to set the boot menu time-out accordingly. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt

• Type in the following command: bootcfg /timeout 10

timeout 10
      will set the time frame to 10 seconds
    However, if the Boot path for Ubuntu does not exist in the boot menu of System Configuration utility, I would suggest you to check if the Ubuntu is overridden by the Windows installation or if the Ubuntu installation files are corrupted.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Josef Bri Win User

Boot option menu

Re: All boot options are tried...

Hi Elda,

If the boot sequence didn't work, then we suggest try running the laptop in safe mode. To do this, here's a few steps to follow:

• Power down your laptop.
    • Turn it back on again.
    • When you turn it back on, press F8 repeatedly until the power on option appeared.
    • If you see the boot option "Safe Mode with Networking", choose that option.
    • See if you can boot up in Safe mode.

We'll look forward to your response.

Josef Bri, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Boot option menu

1. Boot option menu - Similar Threads - Boot option menu

2. Boot menu got no options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot menu got no options: I got a Samsung laptop model nr NP270E5E-K01IT and when i open the laptop it shows me this So i did all it says but it keeps appearing so i tried to go to the boot menu but in the boot menu the only option i got is windows boot manager and when i press on it it goes to black...
  3. Boot menu got no options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot menu got no options: I got a Samsung laptop model nr NP270E5E-K01IT and when i open the laptop it shows me this So i did all it says but it keeps appearing so i tried to go to the boot menu but in the boot menu the only option i got is windows boot manager and when i press on it it goes to black...
  4. STOP 'BOOT OPTION MENU' IN WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    STOP 'BOOT OPTION MENU' IN WINDOWS 10: Whenever I open my laptop the boot manager/boot option menu keeps on showing up and giving me 2 options, Windows Boot Manager or EFI PXE Network. Once you choose and enter it will take a lot of time to start but it works fine, sometimes its lagging and need to restart before...
  5. Dual boot not working [Menu and advanced options]

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual boot not working [Menu and advanced options]: Good morning / evening everyone i have windows and kali linux installed on my machine , when i first installed kali , there was a problem and it's that kali didn't appear in the dual boot menu , only windows 10 did , i solved this issue by booting into windows then going to...
  6. Windows stuck on boot option menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows stuck on boot option menu: I need an advice from a Windows expert. My PC is running windows 10 with all the latest updates. That same PCget stuck on windows 10 ‘boot options menu’ every time the system boots up. No matter what option I select, the system will always display ‘boot options menu’ on the...
  7. Problem with windows boot option menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with windows boot option menu: Hi all, I'm new to the idea of dual-boot and recently installed linux ubuntu to dual-boot, but then was unable get the windows boot option menu to load when I set it as first priority in my UEFI boot menu. I started getting issue with Windows 10, and decided to completely...
  8. Logging in to an Advanced Boot Options Menu Recovery Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Logging in to an Advanced Boot Options Menu Recovery Tool: After upgrading my Mother's laptop to Windows 10 Home, I replaced much of her Windows 8 Recovery partition with the "media" files from a WinPE recovery USB boot-drive - which I created after downloading the Windows ADK and PE files:...
  9. Dual boot no option menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot no option menu: I'm currently running ver 14393 (32) and tried installing 14986 (insider) on a partition. The install went ok but the installed version had some problems: repeated BSODs and really slow response. The hard part was getting back to my working version. I thought there was a boot...
  10. Advanced Boot Options Menu (Choose an option)

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced Boot Options Menu (Choose an option): The same trick from Windows 8/8.1 still works in 10. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html Click on Start, click the power icon at the top of the Start Menu. Hold down Shift and click on Restart. [img] You will boot to the Choose an option...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Up and down to change option enter to an option

2. and to change option Enter to secect an option

3. boot option menu and to change option enter to select an option

4. pc Shows Boot option menu and to change option . enter to select an option,
  5. and to change option enter to select an option,
  6. windows 10 linux grub menu not showing,
  7. windows dual boot boot menu option,
  8. boot option menu