Windows 10: Boot Options Priorities

Discus and support Boot Options Priorities in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have an issue with my laptop randomly going to a blue screen saying your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by amandapugziegirl, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Boot Options Priorities

Hello,

I have an issue with my laptop randomly going to a blue screen saying your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info and then we'll restart for you. Then it goes to internal hard disk drive not found which takes me to the windows boot manager. Then I can go into UEFI Firmware settings and under the BOOT tab there are 4 Boot Options listed under Boot Option Priorities:

Boot Option #1 [Windows Boot Manager]

Boot Option #2 [Windows Boot Manager]

Boot Option #3 [Onboard NIC (IPV4)]

Boot Option #4 [Onboard NIC (IPV6)]

The long and the short is that only one windows boot manager will load windows and I have to disable the other one to get it to load. its tricky to figure out which one will work and which one has to be disabled. This wouldn't be an issue if the windows boot manager that didn't work stayed disabled but within a few hours to a day the screen goes back to the blue screen and I have to start over to continue working.

:)

amandapugziegirl, Oct 25, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Change Wireless Network Connection Priority Order in Windows 10

Hello Denis, Boot Options Priorities :)

The command in step 2 of Option Two should show your wireless networks listed in priority order. Top of the list is higher.

Brink, Oct 25, 2019
  3. How to set boot priority sequence permanently on Lenovo G 50 70

My laptop is running on Window10 efficiently. Sometimes in order to check the DVDs and USBs bootability of newly created OS or Recovery Disk etc I have to select the relative option in the the bios. But on Lenovo G 50 70 the selected option is not permanent. You have to select boot priority option repeatedly for each and every USB/DVD that I want to check. Can i set these option permanently like:-
    1st priority USB
    2nd priority DVD
    3rd priority HDD
    4th priority Network IPV4
    5th priority Network IPV6

If possible please help me step by step.
    There is a novo key to access the bios in Lenovo Laptop G 50 70.
    Thanks in advance
    aria

Ashok Kumar Bag, Oct 25, 2019
  4. Josef Bri Win User

Boot Options Priorities

Re: All boot options are tried...

Hi Elda,

If the boot sequence didn't work, then we suggest try running the laptop in safe mode. To do this, here's a few steps to follow:

• Power down your laptop.
    • Turn it back on again.
    • When you turn it back on, press F8 repeatedly until the power on option appeared.
    • If you see the boot option "Safe Mode with Networking", choose that option.
    • See if you can boot up in Safe mode.

We'll look forward to your response.

Josef Bri, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

Boot Options Priorities

1. Boot Options Priorities - Similar Threads - Boot Options Priorities

2. Why is there no bootable option in boot priority ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there no bootable option in boot priority ?: Why is there no bootable option in boot priority ?Do I need to insert the bootable device and only then it shows up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-no-bootable-option-in-boot-priority/69eb2e66-ebbf-4961-ac5d-b41d65eb8a3e
  3. Why is there no bootable option in boot priority ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is there no bootable option in boot priority ?: Why is there no bootable option in boot priority ?Do I need to insert the bootable device and only then it shows up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-no-bootable-option-in-boot-priority/69eb2e66-ebbf-4961-ac5d-b41d65eb8a3e
  4. Why is there no bootable option in boot priority ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Boot priority in BIOS is unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot priority in BIOS is unresponsive: I cloned my boot drive HDD to another drive SSD and both are showing in the BIOS boot priority but I can't change the priority. I was wondering if formatting HDD will remove it from the priority list to it sets SSD to default....
  6. Boot priority in BIOS is unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot priority in BIOS is unresponsive: I cloned my boot drive HDD to another drive SSD and both are showing in the BIOS boot priority but I can't change the priority. I was wondering if formatting HDD will remove it from the priority list to it sets SSD to default....
  7. Boot Device Priorities

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot Device Priorities: When I go into Bios and change my Boot Device Priorities it does not recognize I have Windows Boot Manager saved as my first priority and therefore I keep getting the Reboot and Select proper Boot device or insert boot media in selected Boot device and press a key...
  8. Nothing under boot option priorities - stuck in bios

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nothing under boot option priorities - stuck in bios: So I turned off my pc last night and when I turned it on I got sruck in bios. Altho I can see my hard drive and ssd in peripherals, there's nothing under boot priorities. Allready tried checking for disconnected wires amd changing the sata cables submitted by...
  9. Boot - change priority

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot - change priority: Hi, I have a Lenovo computer. The default system in Windows 10. I want to run Linux Mint from USB. How can I change the settings so that the computer recognize Linux and run it from stick? Thank you, Adriana...
  10. No boot priority order.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No boot priority order.: So I just got a new acer one 10 tablet the model is one S1003and when I enter the settings by pressing F2 while acer logo is there I get Main,Boot, and exit option only. I just wanted to get 64 bit on windows 10 because I have 32 bit windows 10 but there was no boot priority...