Windows 10: Boot Order geting reset

Discus and support Boot Order geting reset in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, my area is having load shedding but I put my pc off before it went off. But when the power is back on it fails to boot, I go into bios and see my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JasonClaassen, Nov 20, 2022.

1. Boot Order geting reset

Hi, my area is having load shedding but I put my pc off before it went off. But when the power is back on it fails to boot, I go into bios and see my boot order is reset, no longer showing my harddrive on top. This happened twice now and I'd like to know if I should plug my power cable out, switch the power off my power supply or just switch it off the wall. This is getting tedious.The boot order is easily fixed and it boots to Windows, but I can't do this every time I boot.

:)

JasonClaassen, Nov 20, 2022
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Nov 20, 2022
  3. pepanee Win User
    Boot Order?

Yes. From my experience, the boot order goes down that list of everything that is listed there. If none of the devices have anything to boot from, then yes, like Winuser said, the computer will state that there is no boot device.

pepanee, Nov 20, 2022
  4. Boot Order geting reset

Right boot order but doesnt boot right. But works on manual boot.

Hello Kyle,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in your computer regarding the bootup of the device. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What is the exact make and model of your PC?
    • As mentioned, "But if i load it in first time boot, and then select the po or something(the first in my boot order) it works", can you explain us what exact issue are you facing?
    • Was there any recent hardware changes done prior to the issue?
    • Did you check in BIOS if the Boot menu order is changed?
    Please post to us with the information above to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 20, 2022
Thema:

Boot Order geting reset

1. Boot Order geting reset - Similar Threads - Boot Order geting

2. Boot Order geting reset

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot Order geting reset: Hi, my area is having load shedding but I put my pc off before it went off. But when the power is back on it fails to boot, I go into bios and see my boot order is reset, no longer showing my harddrive on top. This happened twice now and I'd like to know if I should plug my...
  3. Boot Order geting reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot Order geting reset: Hi, my area is having load shedding but I put my pc off before it went off. But when the power is back on it fails to boot, I go into bios and see my boot order is reset, no longer showing my harddrive on top. This happened twice now and I'd like to know if I should plug my...
  4. exact boot order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    exact boot order: Having problems with PC booting at all. a couple of days ago I noticed windows updates had been installed and required a restart.so shut all apps, go to start-restart and update, return 20 mins later to a WHITE screen that says something not found and suggeststhe steps to do...
  5. exact boot order

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    exact boot order: Having problems with PC booting at all. a couple of days ago I noticed windows updates had been installed and required a restart.so shut all apps, go to start-restart and update, return 20 mins later to a WHITE screen that says something not found and suggeststhe steps to do...
  6. Boot order gets reset after every restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot order gets reset after every restart: Hi I am having this issue after a bios update. I have a ssd and a hdd both containing windows I imaged from hdd to sdd after buying the laptop. Before the update, the machine used to boot from ssd. After the update it is booting from hdd inspite of resetting the boot order...
  7. + geting removed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    + geting removed: whenever i enter the + sign while doing a question when i hit the enter key the + gets deleted idk whats the problem and its geting real anoing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/geting-removed/872acb0e-0fab-40ae-a1b2-db66aeddfd27
  8. Boot order

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot order: Hello, BIOS (legacy type) is supposedly is able to edit the [I]boot order[I] but mine refused to do it, nothing happens. I'd like to put the CD drive in the first place, so my machine would be able to boot from it. I need it because the created rescue discs configured so....
  9. Changing Boot Order

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Boot Order: Having found my way into the BIOS to change the boot order I am faced with 4 options. Which one do I select? I want the PC to call first on a USB Recovery Drive, created with Macrium Reflect. Should I go back to BIOS to make a note of the options and list them here, as I...
  10. Boot Order?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Order?: Hello If the pc BIOS is set such that the very first device to boot from is a usb stick, what happens if there is no usb stick ? Will it “automatically” go to the second device (presumably a normal boot) ? Thanks, Bob 99882