Windows 10: Boot order is messed up...

Discus and support Boot order is messed up... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, I installed Ubuntu on my computer (previously i had Win 10) and I think I managed to mess up the boot order in the process. I wiped the disk and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by -Onyx-, Sep 4, 2019.

1. -Onyx- Win User

Boot order is messed up...

So, I installed Ubuntu on my computer (previously i had Win 10) and I think I managed to mess up the boot order in the process. I wiped the disk and attempted to install Win 10 again (via USB stick made with MediaCreationTool) and received an error from the Windows Boot Manager:

"Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.

2. Choose your language settings, and then click Next.

3. Click Repair your computer.

File: \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD

Info: The Boot Cpnfiguration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors."

It says to boot from the USB and let it fix it but how am I supposed to do that if it won't boot?

Afterwards I tried booting in Legacy mode and it worked! It went through the installation process succesfully. When the computer booted into Windows (still in Legacy mode) it began the startup program (connecting to network, choosing the keyboard, etc.) and it got stuck loading after asking me to connect my phone with Windows. I left it a whole night to load and it still wouldn't finish.

Things that I've tried:

- booting Windows in UEFI mode: it says there is no bootable device.

- booting the USB in Legacy and choosing the repair my computer option: It didn't do anything.

- adding a file as trusted for executing (Secure Boot): it didn't show me the HHD0 option (like it used to), there is only the USB0 one.

Please help!

:)

-Onyx-, Sep 4, 2019
  2. pepanee Win User

Boot Order?

Yes. From my experience, the boot order goes down that list of everything that is listed there. If none of the devices have anything to boot from, then yes, like Winuser said, the computer will state that there is no boot device.

pepanee, Sep 4, 2019
  3. Right boot order but doesnt boot right. But works on manual boot.

Hello Kyle,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in your computer regarding the bootup of the device. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What is the exact make and model of your PC?
    • As mentioned, "But if i load it in first time boot, and then select the po or something(the first in my boot order) it works", can you explain us what exact issue are you facing?
    • Was there any recent hardware changes done prior to the issue?
    • Did you check in BIOS if the Boot menu order is changed?
    Please post to us with the information above to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Change Wireless Network Connection Priority Order in Windows 10

Hello Denis, Boot order is messed up... :)

The command in step 2 of Option Two should show your wireless networks listed in priority order. Top of the list is higher.

Brink, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Boot order is messed up... - Similar Threads - Boot order messed

2. Clean boot mess up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean boot mess up.: My laptop kept crashing for the past few times so I went to try and do a clean boot. Apparently, after the restart, I can't sign in or use my pin number. A reset doesn't seem to work nor system repair. Is there anything I can do or I gotta get a new laptop?...
  3. Clean boot mess up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean boot mess up.: My laptop kept crashing for the past few times so I went to try and do a clean boot. Apparently, after the restart, I can't sign in or use my pin number. A reset doesn't seem to work nor system repair. Is there anything I can do or I gotta get a new laptop?...
  4. Messed up partitiion boot files

in Windows 10 Support
    Messed up partitiion boot files: When I start up my Lenovo T420 laptop, I get "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired..." with an error code of 0xc0000225. I've gone down the rabbit hole on Youtube - there are a lot of similar suggestions. None of them work. The good news is that I can hit f9 and win 10 (...
  5. SSD not showing up in boot order in BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSD not showing up in boot order in BIOS: I have an SSD that I want to use as my boot drive. I recently cloned my 250GB HDD to my 240GB SSD with Macrium Reflect (I want to put the operating system on the SSD and use the HDD for storage of videos, large games, etc.) This SSD shows up in task manager, but when I go...
  6. dual boot mess up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    dual boot mess up: I installed pop os from a video that worked in the past to upgrade to a new version of pop os, now the boot menu when I hit f12 won't see windows 10 install on my separate drive. It just says intel where windows boot manager should be. I troubleshooted with the windows boot...
  7. Dual Boot Partitions Messed Up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot Partitions Messed Up: I am trying to dual boot OSX and Windows 10 on my desktop computer. OSX is fully installed, and I have created Windows 10 install media on a flash drive. I am able to boot into the installer, but when I tell the installer to install in the unallocated space ~250gb, it...
  8. Boot order

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot order: Hello, BIOS (legacy type) is supposedly is able to edit the [I]boot order[I] but mine refused to do it, nothing happens. I'd like to put the CD drive in the first place, so my machine would be able to boot from it. I need it because the created rescue discs configured so....
  9. I messed up a clean boot

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I messed up a clean boot: Something was wrong with my computer so i tried to do a clean boot. I messed up and accidentally disabled all programs and restarted the computer so now my computer wont let me login. It keeps saying my passwords incorrect and there is no internet connection. I did...
  10. Boot Order?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Order?: Hello If the pc BIOS is set such that the very first device to boot from is a usb stick, what happens if there is no usb stick ? Will it “automatically” go to the second device (presumably a normal boot) ? Thanks, Bob 99882

Users found this page by searching for:

1. messed up boot order notebook windows

2. windows 10 boot messed up