Windows 10: Boot order on new Win 10 desktop computer

Discus and support Boot order on new Win 10 desktop computer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I recently built a new Win 10 desktop that seems to work great! My question deals with the boot process. The last built I did was at least 10+... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Aviator52, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Aviator52 Win User

Boot order on new Win 10 desktop computer

Hello, I recently built a new Win 10 desktop that seems to work great! My question deals with the boot process. The last built I did was at least 10+ years ago using Win XP I think then later upgraded to Win 7. At that time I could change the boot order in the bios which I would set to the hard disk first, CDROM second after installing Windows from the CDROM drive. That way you didn't have to listen to the grind of the CDROM drive looking for a disk every time you started the computer. With my new build, I used a SSD M.2 drive instead of a hard drive and installed a ASUS DVD drive that I loaded the software from. After finishing the install, every time it boots you hear the grind of the DVD drive at the same time it is booting from the SSD but it doesn't show up in the boot order area of the bios. Is there a fix for this or am I just going to have to live with it? Thank you! Components are: Windows 10 Home 20H2 ASUS Prime B460M-A motherboard Intel i5-10400 CPU WD Blue SN550 SSD Crucial 8GB memory

:)

Aviator52, Jun 2, 2021
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jun 2, 2021
  3. Windows is not booting to desktop

Hi Mickey,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how frustrating it could be. However, in order to narrow down the cause of issue, we would need some more information.

1. Are aware of any changes made on your computer?
    2. Since when you are facing this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you follow steps mentioned below and check if it resolves the issue.
    1. If you have any external devices plugged or installed on your PC, (ex: Hard drive, USB flash drive) disconnect them all, then restart your computer and check.
    2. If the issue occurred due to installation of any new applications or updating any programs, kindly refer to

Troubleshoot blue screen errors
      and check the radio button behind
      After an update was installed. Try performing the steps under
      Stop error doesn’t let you get to the desktop
    3. If you are able to successfully boot your computer to the desktop, then you can proceed with updating drivers from

Toshiba Drivers & Updates

If you need any further assistance, please reply to this post with results.

Hope it helps.

If you find the answer useful, kindly tick your response.

Manjunath_H, Jun 2, 2021
  4. RealNeil Win User

Win 10 boots...

I can't answer to the speed of Win-8 booting. I tried the Win-8 preview and went back to Win-7 after a month. They say that Win-8.1 is a lot better than Win-8 was.
    My Win-10 TP is working well ATM.

RealNeil, Jun 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Boot order on new Win 10 desktop computer - Similar Threads - Boot order desktop

2. New ssd not in boot order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New ssd not in boot order: Replaced hdd with ssd. New ssd isn't in boot order. Didn't migrate anything was just gonna do fresh windows install. Do I have to install windows on new ssd before it shows in boot order. Would like easiest solution possible since I'm new to this....
  3. New ssd not in boot order

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New ssd not in boot order: Replaced hdd with ssd. New ssd isn't in boot order. Didn't migrate anything was just gonna do fresh windows install. Do I have to install windows on new ssd before it shows in boot order. Would like easiest solution possible since I'm new to this....
  4. Ordered new Desktop - Lenovo IdeaCentre 5

in Windows 10 Support
    Ordered new Desktop - Lenovo IdeaCentre 5: Just ordered a new Lenovo IdeaCentre 5 straight from Lenovo. Allow me to explain why I ordered a Desktop: 1. My old HP Desktop is out of warranty. 2. The old HP Desktop is no longer getting updates from HP. 3. It isn't compatible with Windows 11. 4. The Lenovo should be more...
  5. need to order a boot disk for my win 10 computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    need to order a boot disk for my win 10 computer: need a boot disk for win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-order-a-boot-disk-for-my-win-10-computer/7ec4ded3-b4d1-41d7-b715-1ff0319624d3
  6. Move Win 10 to new desktop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Move Win 10 to new desktop: Hi, I am using a desktop with win 10. I had earlier brought win 8.1 & installed that on the desktop . Later on, the win 8.1 updated to win 10. Now I want to upgrade my desktop & install new 9th gen processor , SSD & all. How can I move the older license to new...
  7. Got new Win 10 Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Got new Win 10 Desktop: Well it is new to me. I guess I will spend the next week or so just learning to get around on it. I know it has an SSD hard drive on which only Windows 10 is installed. It also has 1 TB hard drive that I want to partition into 3 drives That mean I will have to rename the DVD...
  8. Win 10 Boot Order

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Boot Order: Just got my new Win 10 all setup and working very nicely. Concerned about the ability to boot using a usb or dvd device if there's ever hdd problems. My HP boot order shows UEFI Boot Sources Windows Boot Manager USB Floppy/CD USB Hard Drive ATAPI CD/DVD Drive Legacy Boot...
  9. Win TP wants to be first in boot order

Win TP wants to be first in boot order: I downloaded the new 9860 Win TP today and noticed a few interesting boot problems. I am using 3 separate SSD's: One with Win 7 HP 64 bit, the second with Win 8.1 Pro and the 3rd with Win 10 TP. I am using a Asus Maximus V Gene mob and the legacy BIOS option. In the...
  10. Transfer old win 10 boot drive to new licensed win 10 computer

Transfer old win 10 boot drive to new licensed win 10 computer: I've read the many similar threads here. Still unsure whether the following can be done: Purchase new win 10 licensed computer Run OOBE so the new computer is activated in ms win 10 database Take old boot drive with win 10 and programs/data from another computer Put old...