Windows 10: boot order usb, dvd, hdd, how set w10pro

Discus and support boot order usb, dvd, hdd, how set w10pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; boot order usb, dvd, hdd, how set in w10pro? I want boot from usb hdd linux Ubuntu, just did prior upgrsde to w10pro...well? 20915 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lse123, Sep 2, 2015.

1. lse123 Win User

boot order usb, dvd, hdd, how set w10pro

boot order usb, dvd, hdd, how set in w10pro? I want boot from usb hdd linux Ubuntu, just did prior upgrsde to w10pro...well?

:)

lse123, Sep 2, 2015

2. System_THread_Exception_Not_Handled

Thx for help

In my case, i can't boot anymore

The BSOD come each time instantly while booting without difference USB / DVD or HDD

during the little loading period animations points are coming

Any solution ?

Regards

Reekod

UPDATE : OK i found a solution instead the W10Pro DVD/USB that did the same error. the solution is a Win7Pro DVD with repairing system. Now my W10 is starting perfectly

ReekoDHeisenberg, Sep 2, 2015
  3. in other words dual boot W10PRO ... one key w10pro.

dual boot... one key w10pro.

I have a tricky Q

I have two bays/drives HDD (C:/ w10pro 650GB+ T:/ 350GB) +( D:/ 500GB) currently

if take the D:/ out AND IN ITS PLACE put SSD and install W10Pro (same key as C:/ - is upgrade from 8.1 pro needs key???) on SSD

can boot choose on turn on of PC either from C:/ or from SSD???

in other words
    dual boot W10PRO ... one key
    w10pro.

IF CAN, HOW FIND KEY W10PRO IN CURRENT???

Lse123polis, Sep 2, 2015
  4. PJLLB Win User

For me the boot order is set in the BIOS, not by Windows.

PJLLB, Sep 2, 2015
  5. lse123 Win User
    How enter bios and change it, w10pro..??

lse123, Sep 2, 2015
  6. Not clear which you want as your default boot -- USB Linux or Win10? If it's USB Linux, you have to go into your BIOS settings, Boot settings, and change the order of the boot devices to have USB listed as the first. If there is no option for that (as mine does not allow setting the USB in the boot order), then there is no way to do that as a default choice.

Mark Phelps, Sep 2, 2015
  7. SoFine409 Win User
    My BIOS won't allow this change either unless a USB device is plugged in when you enter the BIOS.

SoFine409, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. boot order usb, dvd, hdd, how set w10pro - Similar Threads - boot order usb

2. how to change boot order

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change boot order: Hi, I currently have 2 bootable windows 10 hdds, 1 on C drive, 1 on E drive, currently when i restart the comp it boots into E: with C: as a secondary, however i want it to be the other way around boot to C: with E: as secondary. I tried swicthing the sata cables but it still...
  3. Correct boot order for USB stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Correct boot order for USB stick: Hello. Im having a problem booting into my USB stick from my BIOS. Im not sure what correct boot order for an USB stick is.. Im using an MSI B250M PRO-VDH Motherboard. My current boot order is like this: [ATTACH]My USB name is INTENSO [ATTACH]When I try to boot from my...
  4. Black Screen on boot (HDD and USB boot)

Black Screen on boot (HDD and USB boot): I'm trying to repair Packard Bell laptop with Windows 10 which is not mine (No clue what happened before this problem occurred). So, on boot, the Packard Bell logo and the loading spinner show and then it goes to "Preparing automatic repair" which lasts for 5-10 seconds and...
  5. W10pro + ghost + sysprep on USB

W10pro + ghost + sysprep on USB: Hi all, looking for some help. Imaging with ghost 11.5 (yes I know it's obsolete) and sysprep is stripping out way too much. Back in the day just used to use -pnp switch which was awesome. Need the boxes fully loaded with local apps and local user accounts retained. So far...
  6. Booting from USB stick or DVD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Booting from USB stick or DVD: Imagine a computer where W10 is running on an SSD. I have a USB stick and/or a DVD which contain a bootable version of W10 (probably made from Microsoft's Media Creation Tool). After a fault, the plan is that after tickling F12 (in my case) the above bootable version could be...
  7. Cannot set 'boot from USB DVD'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot set 'boot from USB DVD': I have a new HP X360 14-ba151sa with Insyde BIOS. Yesterday I created a Macrium recovery disk, went into BIOS and moved USB CD/DVD to top of the list, F10 and exit. The system booted from DVD OK. Today, I wanted to boot from the DVD again, but this time the little arrow is...
  8. Can't boot from usb dvd

Can't boot from usb dvd: Hi Roomies @, I just upgrade to Win 10 PRO 1511 on my Lenovo laptop and burned a win 10 pro DVD. I would like to do a clean install but I'm not able to find my DVD drive on Bios or boot manager. Can someone please help me? Here are some images . [img] [img] [img]...
  9. Leave UEFI boot order for USB first

in Windows 10 Support
    Leave UEFI boot order for USB first: Is there any negative if I decide to leave my boot order so USB disk is first? Except for the obvious, that if a bootable device is installed it will boot, but for normal everyday use, I'd like to leave it set this way. Makes it a lot easier when I want to boot up my Acronis...
  10. Boot From USB/DVD

Boot From USB/DVD: I am so confused I don't know whether I'm coming or going. I want to install/dual boot Windows 10 with Windows 8, but with the tutorial, there's so much Win 7/Win 8, 8.1 included that I'm crosseyed! HP Pavilion g Series Windows 8.1 Pro laptop with BIOS, not UEFI. I want...