Windows 10: Boot Order?

Discus and support Boot Order? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello If the pc BIOS is set such that the very first device to boot from is a usb stick, what happens if there is no usb stick ? Will it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Robert11 Win User

Boot Order?

Hello

If the pc BIOS is set such that the very first device to boot from is a usb stick, what happens if there is no usb stick ?

Will it “automatically” go to the second device (presumably a normal boot) ?

Thanks,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Dec 7, 2017

2. Windows Phone 8.1 update on Nokia Lumia 925 error 80188309

Same problem.

With Lumia 1520 (Dutch phone with os v. 8.0.10532.166).

First downloading, than preparation (where 96% takes a bit looonger)

Than it starts installing, at 2% is suddenly gives the famous error..

Marco Boot, Dec 7, 2017
  3. Das-Boot Win User
    Windows 10 Product Key Blocked

I had the same thing.

I did the Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 upgrade and activated Windows 10 successfully. I then downloaded the media creation kit, created a bootable USB and did a fresh installation of Windows 10. This second installation would not activate and told me the key
    had been blocked.

I spent about two hours on the phone to Microsoft who failed to get it activated. It's been escalated to their tier III support and I'm getting a call back this evening. I'll come back here and report how I got on.

Das-Boot, Dec 7, 2017
  4. Winuser Win User

Boot Order?

The bios should look at other drives to find the boot drive. If none is found you will get a No boot device found error message.

Winuser, Dec 7, 2017
  5. davidhk Win User
    My understanding is ...... it goes down the boot order list until it finds one applicable.

davidhk, Dec 7, 2017
  6. pepanee Win User
    Yes. From my experience, the boot order goes down that list of everything that is listed there. If none of the devices have anything to boot from, then yes, like Winuser said, the computer will state that there is no boot device.

pepanee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Boot Order?

1. Boot Order? - Similar Threads - Boot Order

2. Change Windows 10 boot order without UEFI/BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Windows 10 boot order without UEFI/BIOS: I am running a Macbook pro with dual boot. I never use my OS X side, and so I set my computer to boot into Windows at startup and all is well. Or was well, until today, I got a new SSD for Christmas and migrated the data from my old drive to the new one. I then extended the...
  3. Bios order of boot and UEFI

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bios order of boot and UEFI: Hi there, what is the optimum order of "boot" you need to set the bios at for a quicker start-up? And where do you place the UEFI component in relation to the actual firmware in the order of boot? Thank you, Robert....
  4. Boot order in BIOS is changed to a USB but restarts keep going to Windows

Boot order in BIOS is changed to a USB but restarts keep going to Windows: So here's a riddle. -I have a PC set to boot off of a USB regularly instead of Windows to access a Linux work environment. -The drive is set up to boot with UEFI, created using unetbootin -BIOS is modified to have USB hard drive/USB flash drive at the top of the UEFI boot...
  5. Windows 10 updates change my boot order all the time

Windows 10 updates change my boot order all the time: Copied the subject from an existing post. I'm having the same issue, but this site appears to lock issues after awhile. Too bad because that results in dozens of questions all addressing the same topic. Here's the original post:...
  6. Somehow I need to boot my machines twice in a particular order in order to share folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Somehow I need to boot my machines twice in a particular order in order to share folder: I have multi-computers at home all running with windows 10, 1903. In the past, they were all installed with windows 10, 18xx (can not remember what xx is now), I set up one computer with share folder to allow other computers to access to. This configuration worked fine for a...
  7. What is the correct boot order on windows 10?

What is the correct boot order on windows 10?: I got an error that says, "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key". I was reading around and it said somewhere to check if the boot order is correct. The order that it's showing for me is: P0: ST2000DM001-1CH164...
  8. Boot order is messed up...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot order is messed up...: So, I installed Ubuntu on my computer (previously i had Win 10) and I think I managed to mess up the boot order in the process. I wiped the disk and attempted to install Win 10 again (via USB stick made with MediaCreationTool) and received an error from the Windows Boot...
  9. Unable to change boot order whie trying to install windows

Unable to change boot order whie trying to install windows: I am trying to change boot order to USB for windows installation on my hp 250 g4 notebook PC. But I am unable to change selection(as there is an arrow with OS boot manager option) even though I can change the order....
  10. I can't find my USB flash drive in the boot order settings.

I can't find my USB flash drive in the boot order settings.: The only things listed there are: CD/DVD USB CD/DVD Hard Disk : Windows Boot Manager (ADATA SX6000NP) USB Hard Disk Network : UEFI : PXE IP4 KIller PCIe Network Controller Disabled And because of that, the only options I can boot into is the network and the Hard Disk....