Windows 10: Boot Order?

Discus and support Boot Order? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello If the pc BIOS is set such that the very first device to boot from is a usb stick, what happens if there is no usb stick ? Will it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Robert11 Win User

Boot Order?

Hello

If the pc BIOS is set such that the very first device to boot from is a usb stick, what happens if there is no usb stick ?

Will it “automatically” go to the second device (presumably a normal boot) ?

Thanks,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Dec 7, 2017

2. Windows Phone 8.1 update on Nokia Lumia 925 error 80188309

Same problem.

With Lumia 1520 (Dutch phone with os v. 8.0.10532.166).

First downloading, than preparation (where 96% takes a bit looonger)

Than it starts installing, at 2% is suddenly gives the famous error..

Marco Boot, Dec 7, 2017
  3. Das-Boot Win User
    Windows 10 Product Key Blocked

I had the same thing.

I did the Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 upgrade and activated Windows 10 successfully. I then downloaded the media creation kit, created a bootable USB and did a fresh installation of Windows 10. This second installation would not activate and told me the key
    had been blocked.

I spent about two hours on the phone to Microsoft who failed to get it activated. It's been escalated to their tier III support and I'm getting a call back this evening. I'll come back here and report how I got on.

Das-Boot, Dec 7, 2017
  4. Winuser Win User

Boot Order?

The bios should look at other drives to find the boot drive. If none is found you will get a No boot device found error message.

Winuser, Dec 7, 2017
  5. davidhk Win User
    My understanding is ...... it goes down the boot order list until it finds one applicable.

davidhk, Dec 7, 2017
  6. pepanee Win User
    Yes. From my experience, the boot order goes down that list of everything that is listed there. If none of the devices have anything to boot from, then yes, like Winuser said, the computer will state that there is no boot device.

pepanee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Boot Order?

1. Boot Order? - Similar Threads - Boot Order

2. Pc keeps restarting in the bios after i turned off CSM in order to enable safe boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc keeps restarting in the bios after i turned off CSM in order to enable safe boot: So i did everything right to enable safe boot but when i have to disable CSM and apply, my pc restart in bios and my SSD isn't recognized anymoreSpecs : Graphic : RX 6750XT XFXRam : 1x16go PNY 3200mhzCpu : R5 3600Motherboard : Asus tuf B450M-gaming-II...
  3. Pc keeps restarting in the bios after i turned off CSM in order to enable safe boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc keeps restarting in the bios after i turned off CSM in order to enable safe boot: So i did everything right to enable safe boot but when i have to disable CSM and apply, my pc restart in bios and my SSD isn't recognized anymoreSpecs : Graphic : RX 6750XT XFXRam : 1x16go PNY 3200mhzCpu : R5 3600Motherboard : Asus tuf B450M-gaming-II...
  4. Pc keeps restarting in the bios after i turned off CSM in order to enable safe boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can't find boot priority order in bios menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find boot priority order in bios menu: I got an SSDc installed in my laptop which is the main drive now with the os. I wanted to switch back to a different drived as main boot priority. I even migrated os from C to D successfully but, in the bios menu all I see is:Boot mode UEFIFast bootPXE Boot to lanIPV4 PXE...
  6. Can't find boot priority order in bios menu

Can't find boot priority order in bios menu: I got an SSDc installed in my laptop which is the main drive now with the os. I wanted to switch back to a different drived as main boot priority. I even migrated os from C to D successfully but, in the bios menu all I see is:Boot mode UEFIFast bootPXE Boot to lanIPV4 PXE...
  7. Can't find boot priority order in bios menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How to prevent Windows 11 for updating the UEFI boot order?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent Windows 11 for updating the UEFI boot order?: Every time I boot Windows 11 with which I am happy, it updates the boot order to put the windows UFI first time. Windows should not alter the boot order it finds in the system, and damn sure it should not do it without obtaining first confirmation from the user. This behavior...
  9. How to prevent Windows 11 for updating the UEFI boot order?

How to prevent Windows 11 for updating the UEFI boot order?: Every time I boot Windows 11 with which I am happy, it updates the boot order to put the windows UFI first time. Windows should not alter the boot order it finds in the system, and damn sure it should not do it without obtaining first confirmation from the user. This behavior...
  10. how do i access the bios to rearrange the boot order

how do i access the bios to rearrange the boot order: My windows 11 has developed a fault in the Bios start up order by using IP4 and IP6 rather than the ssd installed.I wish to reorder thm but cannot access the bios menue...