Windows 10: Boot performance log names

Discus and support Boot performance log names in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I am comparing my boot log times event performance ops and found some names on the web but many are left unexplained, is there a MS reference for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Frank in Abra, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Boot performance log names

Hi,

I am comparing my boot log times event performance ops and found some names on the web but many are left unexplained, is there a MS reference for these names, like SessionInitStartTimeMS and SessionInitOtherDuration?

<Data Name="BootTsVersion">2</Data>

<Data Name="BootStartTime">2020-09-27T04:41:28.194750700Z</Data>

<Data Name="BootEndTime">2020-09-27T04:43:33.220374600Z</Data>

<Data Name="SystemBootInstance">180</Data>

<Data Name="UserBootInstance">180</Data>

<Data Name="BootTime">54768</Data>

<Data Name="MainPathBootTime">35468</Data>

<Data Name="BootKernelInitTime">26</Data>

<Data Name="BootDriverInitTime">821</Data>

<Data Name="BootDevicesInitTime">742</Data>

<Data Name="BootPrefetchInitTime">0</Data>

<Data Name="BootPrefetchBytes">0</Data>

<Data Name="BootAutoChkTime">0</Data>

<Data Name="BootSmssInitTime">23770</Data>

<Data Name="BootCriticalServicesInitTime">1271</Data>

<Data Name="BootUserProfileProcessingTime">526</Data>

<Data Name="BootMachineProfileProcessingTime">17</Data>

<Data Name="BootExplorerInitTime">5377</Data>

<Data Name="BootNumStartupApps">4</Data>

<Data Name="BootPostBootTime">19300</Data>

<Data Name="BootIsRebootAfterInstall">false</Data>

<Data Name="BootRootCauseStepImprovementBits">0</Data>

<Data Name="BootRootCauseGradualImprovementBits">0</Data>

<Data Name="BootRootCauseStepDegradationBits">4194304</Data>

<Data Name="BootRootCauseGradualDegradationBits">0</Data>

<Data Name="BootIsDegradation">false</Data>

<Data Name="BootIsStepDegradation">false</Data>

<Data Name="BootIsGradualDegradation">false</Data>

<Data Name="BootImprovementDelta">0</Data>

<Data Name="BootDegradationDelta">0</Data>

<Data Name="BootIsRootCauseIdentified">true</Data>

<Data Name="OSLoaderDuration">2474</Data>

<Data Name="BootPNPInitStartTimeMS">26</Data>

<Data Name="BootPNPInitDuration">4114</Data>

<Data Name="OtherKernelInitDuration">752</Data>

<Data Name="SystemPNPInitStartTimeMS">4587</Data>

<Data Name="SystemPNPInitDuration">801</Data>

<Data Name="SessionInitStartTimeMS">5668</Data>

<Data Name="Session0InitDuration">1131</Data>

<Data Name="Session1InitDuration">320</Data>

<Data Name="SessionInitOtherDuration">22318</Data>

<Data Name="WinLogonStartTimeMS">29438</Data>

<Data Name="OtherLogonInitActivityDuration">108</Data>

<Data Name="UserLogonWaitDuration">4268</Data>

Thanks

Frank

:)

Frank in Abra, Sep 27, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Sometimes unable to log in

Hi,

To troubleshoot you concern, we recommend you to start your computer in safe mode, then perform clean boot after. Refer to the links below for steps:

After performing a clean boot, follow the steps under the section How to reset the computer to start normally after a clean boot troubleshooting.

If the suggestions above will not work, you can follow the troubleshooting steps found on this

link

Regarding your pin concern, we suggest you to refer to Jessen P's
    suggestions on April 25, 2015 found on this
    link

Update us on the result.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Boot performance log names

Performance

Hi Ravivarma,

Since you are still experiencing the same issue even after performing a clean boot, you can check and follow the steps provided on this
    link. The tips on the link are listed in order, so we suggest that you start with the first one. If the issue
    persists, proceed to the next method.

Should you have further concerns, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Boot performance log names

1. Boot performance log names - Similar Threads - Boot performance log

2. Booting and performance issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Booting and performance issues: Since last windows10 update, my system has been having problems booting and I have to install a new windows version each time before using my computer. Now my performance is low and it takes so much time to boot up...
  3. Booting and performance issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting and performance issues: Since last windows10 update, my system has been having problems booting and I have to install a new windows version each time before using my computer. Now my performance is low and it takes so much time to boot up...
  4. Booting and performance issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Performed a "clean boot" and got this message upon logging in: "Something happened and your...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Performed a "clean boot" and got this message upon logging in: "Something happened and your...: I was running into an issue while trying to run a game where it would crash my entire PC randomly. Since this issue only came up while running this specific game, I reached out to the game's support network and they gave me a list of steps to follow to try to fix whatever was...
  6. Performed a "clean boot" and got this message upon logging in: "Something happened and your...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Performed a "clean boot" and got this message upon logging in: "Something happened and your...: I was running into an issue while trying to run a game where it would crash my entire PC randomly. Since this issue only came up while running this specific game, I reached out to the game's support network and they gave me a list of steps to follow to try to fix whatever was...
  7. Performed a "clean boot" and got this message upon logging in: "Something happened and your...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Diagnostics-Performance event 100 "Boot duration" is no longer logged

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Diagnostics-Performance event 100 "Boot duration" is no longer logged: Diagnostics-Performance event 100 "Boot duration" is no longer logged in operational after I upgraded to 20H2 only event 200 is logged (shutdown duration). I am using Full Boot (Fast Startup disabled). This 20H2 issue was first reported last year at powershell - How to get...
  9. No log in screen after trying to Perform Clean Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No log in screen after trying to Perform Clean Boot: I had a app preventing shut down problem so i tried to perform clean boot as per following: Press Windows key + X key. And select Run. Type msconfig in the Run box and hit Enter. On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select theHide all...
  10. Problem logging on name

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem logging on name: I'm not sure if this is the right spot to post this (apologizes if it isn't as I can't find the section this falls under) as the screen problem i'm having is not blue but rather black. Anyways I have a HP Pavilion desktop computer. The problem that my mom and I are having is...