Windows 10: Boot Priority always revert after BIOS update

Discus and support Boot Priority always revert after BIOS update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So two days ago, I updated my laptop Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH05 BIOS to EGCN34WW. the update and installation went fine. but after updating it, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jeffin P, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Jeffin P Win User

Boot Priority always revert after BIOS update

So two days ago, I updated my laptop Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH05 BIOS to EGCN34WW. the update and installation went fine. but after updating it, my laptop is always doing automatic repair upon booting, and when I checked what's the problem, it turns out that my boot priority is changed back to HDD instead of SSD. I changed it back and it boot just fine.the real problem is, everytime I booting it again, it always doing it again the automatic repair and changed boot priority.anyone know what's the problem? and maybe how to fix it?

:)

Jeffin P, Oct 7, 2021
  2. malware Win User

Alienware Area 51 m15x BIOS Update Released

If you were among the group of people experiencing overheating issues with your Alienware Area 51 m15x laptop, then there are some good news for you. A new BIOS update, version X29b P3A30 is now available. The update allegedly allows VGA fans to increase up to 5400 rpm and thus better cool the GPU. To obtain the new BIOS, you'll need to email the m15x support line (L: Area51_m15x@alienware.com). In reply you should receive a link to the BIOS .zip archive. Once you download the small file, Alienware recommends to follow the steps described in the Read full story marker.

Open Nero Ultra Edition, click Backup, and then click “Burn Image to Disc.” Next, select the file “m15x_x29b.iso from the unzipped folder.

• Plug your AC adapter in
    • Disconnect all third-party peripherals
    • Don’t turn off the computer or restart it during the update
    • Don’t eject your DVD/Blu-ray drive during the update.
    Steps:
    • Open BIOS by tapping F12 during boot
    • Set BIOS to boot from your CD-ROM drive first
    • Save and exit
    • Upon reboot, the BIOS flash update will proceed
    • Click “Yes” through the prompts
    • Restart
    Source: LAPTOP Magazine

malware, Oct 7, 2021
  3. I entered BIOS settings, but i don't see any option to change boot priorities

Hi Shubham,

I understand your concern with changing the boot priority options in the BIOS. However, I would suggest you to get in touch with your computer manufacturer to get the boot priorities changed or to get the BIOS settings changed.

BIOS Disclaimer:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of
    BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Oct 7, 2021
  4. BAGZZlash Win User

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Oct 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Boot Priority always revert after BIOS update - Similar Threads - Boot Priority always

2. Boot priority in BIOS is unresponsive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot priority in BIOS is unresponsive: I cloned my boot drive HDD to another drive SSD and both are showing in the BIOS boot priority but I can't change the priority. I was wondering if formatting HDD will remove it from the priority list to it sets SSD to default....
  3. Boot priority in BIOS is unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot priority in BIOS is unresponsive: I cloned my boot drive HDD to another drive SSD and both are showing in the BIOS boot priority but I can't change the priority. I was wondering if formatting HDD will remove it from the priority list to it sets SSD to default....
  4. Boot priority in BIOS is unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BIOS SSD Priority

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BIOS SSD Priority: I am going to change out my HDD to a SSD. Right now the BIOS does not have a SSD listed in the BIOS boot priority. Does the SSD show up in the BIOS after the SSD is plugged in? Or is there some command prompt that I can use to add SSD prior to plugging in the SSD?...
  6. BIOS SSD Priority

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS SSD Priority: I am going to change out my HDD to a SSD. Right now the BIOS does not have a SSD listed in the BIOS boot priority. Does the SSD show up in the BIOS after the SSD is plugged in? Or is there some command prompt that I can use to add SSD prior to plugging in the SSD?...
  7. BIOS SSD Priority

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Boot Priority always revert after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot Priority always revert after BIOS update: So two days ago, I updated my laptop Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH05 BIOS to EGCN34WW. the update and installation went fine. but after updating it, my laptop is always doing automatic repair upon booting, and when I checked what's the problem, it turns out that my boot...
  9. Boot Priority always revert after BIOS update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot Priority always revert after BIOS update: So two days ago, I updated my laptop Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH05 BIOS to EGCN34WW. the update and installation went fine. but after updating it, my laptop is always doing automatic repair upon booting, and when I checked what's the problem, it turns out that my boot...
  10. Windows 10 Automatic Repair - after changing boot priority in BIOS

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Automatic Repair - after changing boot priority in BIOS: Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Few days ago after i finished testing my ram in memtest86 ( bootable from USB ) , i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD. After this Windows 10 was showing at 1 boot Automatic Repair. When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts...