Windows 10: Boot priority order while upgrading from window 8.1 to window 10 using flash drive.

Discus and support Boot priority order while upgrading from window 8.1 to window 10 using flash drive. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am upgrading my laptop from window 8.1 to window 10 and need to know what to do with the boot priority option.Boot page in bios says.Boot Mode:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by shouryavashisth, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Boot priority order while upgrading from window 8.1 to window 10 using flash drive.

I am upgrading my laptop from window 8.1 to window 10 and need to know what to do with the boot priority option.Boot page in bios says.Boot Mode: UEFISecure Boot: EnabledBoot Priority Order: 1 Windows Boot Manager 2 HDD: WDC ...... 3..... 4..... 5..... 6 USB HDD: SANDISK MY FLASH DRIVENow should I just put my USB HDD: SANDISK above windows boot manager and hdd or should I do something else? please help!!!!

:)

shouryavashisth, Jan 23, 2022
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jan 23, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Change Wireless Network Connection Priority Order in Windows 10

Hello Denis, Boot priority order while upgrading from window 8.1 to window 10 using flash drive. :)

The command in step 2 of Option Two should show your wireless networks listed in priority order. Top of the list is higher.

Brink, Jan 23, 2022
  4. Nordic Win User

Boot priority order while upgrading from window 8.1 to window 10 using flash drive.

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 23, 2022
Thema:

Boot priority order while upgrading from window 8.1 to window 10 using flash drive.

1. Boot priority order while upgrading from window 8.1 to window 10 using flash drive. - Similar Threads - Boot priority order

2. How to change the priority order for using the batteries?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the priority order for using the batteries?: I'm using Microsoft surfacebook 2 with windows 11. If my computer is not connected to power source, then it tend to draw power from the tablet battery first, and then the battery in the base. This is very inconvenient because if I used the computer for a while without power...
  3. Windows Setup not booting from Flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Setup not booting from Flash drive: Hello, i recently got a new SSD nvme m.2 and connected it everthing was visible but was not working as my hdd still was, i then Went to clone from hdd to SSD but then something was not right. I plugged in my flash drive with new OS setup and deleted all my partition on my hdd...
  4. Windows Setup not booting from Flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Setup not booting from Flash drive: Hello, i recently got a new SSD nvme m.2 and connected it everthing was visible but was not working as my hdd still was, i then Went to clone from hdd to SSD but then something was not right. I plugged in my flash drive with new OS setup and deleted all my partition on my hdd...
  5. Windows Setup not booting from Flash drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Boot priority order while upgrading from window 8.1 to window 10 using flash drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot priority order while upgrading from window 8.1 to window 10 using flash drive.: I am upgrading my laptop from window 8.1 to window 10 and need to know what to do with the boot priority option.Boot page in bios says.Boot Mode: UEFISecure Boot: EnabledBoot Priority Order: 1 Windows Boot Manager 2 HDD: WDC ...... 3..... 4..... 5..... 6 USB HDD: SANDISK MY...
  7. Boot priority order while upgrading from window 8.1 to window 10 using flash drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot priority order while upgrading from window 8.1 to window 10 using flash drive.: I am upgrading my laptop from window 8.1 to window 10 and need to know what to do with the boot priority option.Boot page in bios says.Boot Mode: UEFISecure Boot: EnabledBoot Priority Order: 1 Windows Boot Manager 2 HDD: WDC ...... 3..... 4..... 5..... 6 USB HDD: SANDISK MY...
  8. WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1: After I upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10 my WiFi is not working. When I restart also it isn't working. Randomly after I shutdown and start my laptop, it's working. Hope a quick solution for this issue. Thank you....
  9. No boot priority order.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No boot priority order.: So I just got a new acer one 10 tablet the model is one S1003and when I enter the settings by pressing F2 while acer logo is there I get Main,Boot, and exit option only. I just wanted to get 64 bit on windows 10 because I have 32 bit windows 10 but there was no boot priority...
  10. Windows 10 can be pre-ordered from Amazon on USB Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 can be pre-ordered from Amazon on USB Flash Drive: If I pre-order Windows 10 on USB Flash Drive from Amazon and it arrives on the shipping date, will the Microsoft branded flash drive be write protected to prevent erasing the original installation files preinstalled by Microsoft? 8357