Windows 10: Boot problem after installing Macrium

Discus and support Boot problem after installing Macrium in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I installed the current version of Macrium free today. I ran the rescue media creator and set a Windows boot menu. I also made a boot dvd. Then made an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Riley7, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Riley7 Win User

Boot problem after installing Macrium

I installed the current version of Macrium free today. I ran the rescue media creator and set a Windows boot menu. I also made a boot dvd. Then made an image and verified.

I rebooted and got the boot error for an external drive. I opened the bios, exited without changes and Window booted. Each time I boot with that drive connected, I get the same message. I did remove the boot menu created using Macrium. I thought that might be the problem.

I am unsure how to fix this. Any suggestions? Thanks

:)

Riley7, Mar 2, 2020
  2. Jerry8AB Win User

Macrium Boot Question

Macrium Boot Question

I use Windows 10 and a Macrium recovery program. My BIOS is set where the optical disk for CDs and DVDs are not set to recognize a CD/DVD disc as the first priority to boot from.

What are the steps I should take to make my Macrium Rescue Disk as being first to boot from?

Thanks,

Jerry

Jerry8AB, Mar 2, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Boot problem after installing Macrium [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Mar 2, 2020
  4. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Boot problem after installing Macrium - Similar Threads - Boot problem installing

2. Macrium problem

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium problem: I am using Macrium for long time. For the first time, it started hanging while creating image. I chose to cancel it. Still imaging did not stop. Then did end task macrium. Now C drive space reduced by 3.6 GB. Most probably macrium used storage. Where macrium will be storing...
  3. Macrium problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium problem: I am using Macrium for long time. For the first time, it started hanging while creating image. I chose to cancel it. Still imaging did not stop. Then did end task macrium. Now C drive space reduced by 3.6 GB. Most probably macrium used storage. Where macrium will be storing...
  4. Booting problems. Failing to boot jus after installating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting problems. Failing to boot jus after installating: My pc laptop get stuck on "getting ready" just after installation and it has done dat several tyms. I just needed to knw dat myt it that my hard drive is demaged or something else. Can windows actually finish installation, restart itself and then get stuck on, "getting...
  5. Macrium Boot Question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Macrium Boot Question: Macrium Boot Question I use Windows 10 and a Macrium recovery program. My BIOS is set where the optical disk for CDs and DVDs are not set to recognize a CD/DVD disc as the first priority to boot from. What are the steps I should take to make my Macrium Rescue Disk as...
  6. Fix windows 7 boot problems Macrium

Fix windows 7 boot problems Macrium: After selecting fix windows boot problems in Macrium, it is showing 2 items. One System Reserved Partition, Second Partition C where windows is installed. Nothing is default tick. So where should I tick. Other thing in the next screen it again give 4 options, like Repair MBR,...
  7. Macrium Problem??

Macrium Problem??: I have noticed this happening when I select "Create an image of the partition(s) required to backup and restore Windows." I have 4 partitions all are checked by default but when I choose "Create an image...." only some of the partitions were being checked and imaged? i.e....
  8. Failure to Boot after Macrium Reflect Update!

Failure to Boot after Macrium Reflect Update!: I maintain an old 2006 AMD based PC running the latest version of 64 bit Windows 10. Reflect has been working fine and was last updated in April. I installed the latest update to v7.1.3317 yesterday. A restart was requested - note no restart was needed on my laptop updated...
  9. Boot into Macrium?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot into Macrium?: I installed Macrium Reflect so that I can have complete backup images of my new desktop. I noticed that upon reboot I'm offered a dual-boot: Windows, as expected. And Macrium as an alternate. So what happens if I choose Macrium? 89137
  10. Macrium problems??

Macrium problems??: Not sure why this is happening, but tried to make a back up copy of C: to a spare SSD. C: =256GB w/ 32GB used by system. Destination is 120GB. (Only 2 partitions on this MBR setup) 1. Tried a clone first, reflect refused said there was not enough memory on the...