Windows 10: Boot Problem and Wake from Sleep Problem

Discus and support Boot Problem and Wake from Sleep Problem in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Some, but not all, of the time when I boot the machine I get a message stating that overclocking failed. I have never tried to overclock the machine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Nashville Hoosier, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Boot Problem and Wake from Sleep Problem

Some, but not all, of the time when I boot the machine I get a message stating that overclocking failed. I have never tried to overclock the machine. The temporary fix appears to be to press F1 to configure, do nothing, press F10 to exit, get a message telling me I have changed nothing, and then it works.

Some, but not all, of the time when I try to wake the machine from sleep (hybrid sleep is enabled) it will not wake and has to be turned off and unplugged. It then may or may not boot with the problem above.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Machine has an ASUS motherboard, two Samsung SSD, one of which is the boot drive, and a pair of WD raid 0 HDD.

:)

Nashville Hoosier, Aug 22, 2019
  2. Onibot Win User

Sleep Problems - Strange wake up behaviors

Hey, thanks for the suggestion! I went into my BIOS and neither "MSI Fast Boot" or "Fast Boot" were enabled. I took a few pictures of the BIOS config and of the power-related options, and attached them below.

Boot Problem and Wake from Sleep Problem [​IMG]

Onibot, Aug 22, 2019
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Aug 22, 2019
  4. WaytGibbs Win User

Boot Problem and Wake from Sleep Problem

Windows 10 - Problem waking up from sleep mode

This worked for me on a Lenovo Horizon2 27 all-in-one PC that was able to sleep manually but could not be wakened once sleeping after upgrading to Windows 10 Home.

I ran the powercfg /energy and examined the report as GoWMike describes. It showed no driver errors but suggested that there is a problem with the system's "High Performance" power setting that may prevent normal waking from manually induced sleep.

I used powercfg /list to show available modes, copied the GUID for Balanced mode, and then used this with the powercfg /activate command to change the plan.

I also used powercfg /devicequery wake_from_any

to get a list of device names for components capable of waking the system from sleep, and then I used

powercfg /deviceenablewake <devicename>

to make certain that the touchscreen and power button are armed to wake the machine.

After restarting, sleep and wake then functioned properly again.

WaytGibbs, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

Boot Problem and Wake from Sleep Problem

1. Boot Problem and Wake from Sleep Problem - Similar Threads - Boot Problem Wake

2. Problem waking PC from sleep on Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem waking PC from sleep on Win 11: A few months ago I bought this pre-built PC:https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-supreme-gaming-desktop-amd-ryzen-7-7700-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3070-1tb-ssd-white/6533252.p?skuId=6533252For some reason I can't get it to wake from sleep mode. The fans/lights...
  3. Sound problems after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sound problems after waking up from sleep: After last update, there is a problem with my workspace, after waking up from sleep, there is no sound and when I put headphones, there is a constant annoying loud pinping. Even disabling/reinstalling drivers doesn't help. Only restarting, and after sleep it goes again......
  4. problem waking from sleep

problem waking from sleep: Hi Ive recently upgraded from win 10 ver1803 to version 1903 since then i am having issues with the computer not recovering from sleep mode. it tries to wake up, black screen, then it shuts down and restarts. I get event id 41 in event viewer[ATTACH]...
  5. Problem when trying to wake from screen sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem when trying to wake from screen sleep: I recently updated to the latest version of Windows 10 so I could use the Xbox game pass for PC. Ever since then every time my computer goes into sleep mode I can’t wake it from sleep without having to restart. It’s just screen sleep, not full pc sleep (I don’t have an issue...
  6. Monitor Sleep/Wake Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor Sleep/Wake Problem: On my Win 10 64 desktop PC, the monitor goes to sleep as per settings then immediately wakes. Have tried different solutions without any success. The only thing that works if I remove MS wireless mouse 5000/keyboard 3050 transceiver. Then the monitor stays asleep (of course,...
  7. Win10 Will Not Wake From Sleep YET ANOTHER PROBLEM

Win10 Will Not Wake From Sleep YET ANOTHER PROBLEM: YET ANOTHER PROBLEM I do NOT want to install windows 10 version 1809 OR 1903 they have way to much bloatware embedded, Why wont my machine wake up from sleep when i set my RAM to its proper XMP speed profile? Aorus X470 Gaming7 Wifi Motherboard 16GB DDR4 Corsair RGB...
  8. Problem waking up from sleep in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem waking up from sleep in Windows 10: Hi, I've never had a problem before,but since upgrading to Windows 10,whenever my computer is asleep and i go to wake it up,u can hear it start up and then the computer immediately shuts down.....Very frustrating! Any ideas what could be causing this? 43212
  9. Problems waking from sleep state

Problems waking from sleep state: Fresh install of Windows 10 Pro x64 has an issue waking from sleep. Moving mouse/pressing keyboard wakes the computer, and once desktop displays, the mouse and keyboard does not function and ethernet has red X. Mouse is wireless (USB transceiver) and switching USB ports will...
  10. Problem With Waking Up From Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem With Waking Up From Sleep Mode: Hello all. I have a Dell Inspiron 3650 which runs Windows 10. It was working perfectly fine for 1 year, but over the last few days, when I put it in sleep mode and press a key/move my mouse it won't wake up. Normally (back when it worked), when it was in sleep mode and I...