Windows 10: Boot problem ctr+alt+del no signal ...

Discus and support Boot problem ctr+alt+del no signal ... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 all updates installed 4770K Asus 7970 top 3 GB 16GB ddr 3 SSD Evo 250gb for windows and a few games with around 90GB free space HDD 1TB A... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by fearfullnsomnia, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Boot problem ctr+alt+del no signal ...

Windows 10 all updates installed
    Asus 7970 top 3 GB
    16GB ddr 3
    SSD Evo 250gb for windows and a few games with around 90GB free space
    HDD 1TB

A few times recently my computer didnt boot into windows..

A few times it booted to black screen with 'ctrl+alt+del restart'..
    No other info was on screen..

I hit the keys and the system restarted and booted into the desktop..
    There was one time when I did this and it returned to the black screen with ctrl+alt+del restart , but the restart again then booted into windows
    This has happened over the last 2 months or so.. I didnt really bother too much as when the comp did boot to desktop the comp worked fine..

One other time windows was about to boot as it shows the blue window and then the spinning dots just prior to booting into windows... well the blue windows stuck on screen for a few mins and i had to to a hard reset of the desktop and it restarted into desktop

One time before booting into windows I got a message saying scanning C for errors but it was only on screen briefly before windows desktop opened.
    Also it said prepairing to fix , or whatever the woirds were and it sat there for 10 mins and I had to restart..

I ran right click on C drive >properties> Check >Error Checking on C... but it didnt find any errors..

Tonight The comp just didnt want to boot to desktop, I tried for 15 mins or so with either the screen stuck on the blue windows logo or no signal and ctr+alt+del..
    I pressed Del and viewed the bios and it didnt see my ssd that has the OS installed on.. after a few restarts it recognised it.. but still wouldnt boot to windows..
    Last resort was to put my 10 dvd into the drive and try repair, but a message said the comp couldnt be repaired..
    I restarted and was going to try and reinstall windows but the comp actually booted into windows..

I had to buy a new ssd when my previous hdd was having problems..
    The older hdd would freeze and the screen would turn white and a message said microsoft windows isnt responding would you like to close..
    I had this message with the ssd yesterday..

Maybe the ssd is on its last legs ?

Any questions please ask as Im not too comp savvy...

What could the problem be ?
    Any advice is welcome.. thanks

:)

fearfullnsomnia, Jan 23, 2019

2. Bill Gates: 'Control+Alt+Delete' Was a Mistake

Bil Gates Was Mistake ?

Ctr +Alt +Del is Solution

inkandtoner, Jan 23, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    CTRL ALT DEL Black Screen

Hi Dan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Have you installed all pending updates?
    • Are you able to log into Desktop?
    • Is the issue specific to Ctrl + Alt + Del screen?

Black screen error can occur if the computer is not up to date with all Drivers and Windows updates. Install all pending updates and check if that helps.

Refer the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if that helps

Troubleshoot black screen problems.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pavan_N, Jan 23, 2019
  4. erik9631 Win User

Boot problem ctr+alt+del no signal ...

CTRL + ALT + DEL menu not rendered at the top

Okay first of all.

It is DEFINITELY not a RAM problem. I have 16GB. The operating system is running in the background and is responding when I press CTRL + ALT + DEL, cause you can see the circle next to the cursor. The cursor responds as well..

Second, some people suggested me to use CTRL + SHIFT + ESC, I have not tried, but I will. Also this is not my problem. My problem is that the CTRL ALT DEL menu among which you can chose to turn on the task manager gives me black screen. Alt tabbing does not work with ANY software that is frozen in fullscreen, but that is normal.

On windows 7 this was not an issue. When nothing worked, ctrl alt del always worked.

On windows 10, CTRL alt deleting does not work, with some full screen applications.

erik9631, Jan 23, 2019
Thema:

Boot problem ctr+alt+del no signal ...

1. Boot problem ctr+alt+del no signal ... - Similar Threads - Boot problem ctr+alt+del

2. CTRL + ALT + DEL delayed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    CTRL + ALT + DEL delayed: Hello, Recently I've had a couple of users report a very long delay after hitting CTRL + ALT + DEL One came into the help desk and I can confirm that it can take up to 10 minutes. The users machine was Windows 10 Version 2004. Lenovo Thinkpad T14. I disabled all non...
  3. : win10ctrl+alt+del.

in Windows 10 Customization
    : win10ctrl+alt+del.: ctrl+alt+del. ,, ctrl+shift+esc alt+F4 del. win10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E6%B1%82%E5%8A%A9/aa0ededf-cafb-4754-9ffa-84c4f68b635d
  4. Windows 10 wont boot without CTRL-ALT-DEL

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 wont boot without CTRL-ALT-DEL: I am running Windows 10 on a new HP Slim desktop. Every once in a while when I turn it on maybe 20% of the time, my monitor will turn black and stay stuck there. It wont show the "no input" message on my monitor, so the computer is sending some sort of signal, but it just...
  5. Windows Explorer.exe failure ? on boot. black screen, ctr-alt-del responding

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Explorer.exe failure ? on boot. black screen, ctr-alt-del responding: So when I booted my computer this morning and after correctly giving my PIN code at the lock screen, all I got was a black screen. Nothing worked, except doing ctrl-alt-del. I rebooted my computer several times from there, but it didn't change anything. I opened the task...
  6. A few problems concerning CTRL+ALT+DEL & ALT+F4.

A few problems concerning CTRL+ALT+DEL & ALT+F4.: I have almost finished testing scenarios in order to setup my OS exactly how I want it! There are four things that I can't seem to find an answer to [I know options [1] & [2] are contradictory but it is a learning process!] . . . [1] Removing the Task Manager from the...
  7. Forced to ctrl+Alt +Del to login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forced to ctrl+Alt +Del to login: Running windows 10 completely updated When I boot up my HP Envy 17 inch laptop it arrives at the lock screen. Clicking any key on the keyboard DOES NOT get me to the password/PIN prompt neither does the on screen keyboard. I need to click my mouse to bring up the...
  8. Boot problem ctr+alt+del no signal ...

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot problem ctr+alt+del no signal ...: Windows 10 all updates installed 4770K Asus 7970 top 3 GB 16GB ddr 3 SSD Evo 250gb for windows and a few games with around 90GB free space HDD 1TB A few times recently my computer didnt boot into windows.. A few times it booted to black screen with 'ctrl+alt+del restart'.....
  9. CTRL+ALT+DEL disappears

CTRL+ALT+DEL disappears: Hello; I have a windows 10 on domain. It shows ALT+CTRL+DEL and then i click ok all i get is a black screen with mouse pointer. I tried to change the projector setting to single display same thing. Any ways to resolve this please....
  10. Ctrl+Alt+Del

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ctrl+Alt+Del: When I start the computer it is locked. It is asking for Ctrl+Alt+Del to be entered. When I do this there is no response. I cannot get to the password entry; the keyboard doesn't respond. How do I fix this?...