Windows 10: Boot problem windows on older AMD boards

Discus and support Boot problem windows on older AMD boards in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So far have had 3 boards do the same thing. Plus on 3 different mother boards makes too. When the computer boots it will just sit there on the MB Logo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dmdilks, Mar 18, 2020.

1. dmdilks Win User

Boot problem windows on older AMD boards

So far have had 3 boards do the same thing. Plus on 3 different mother boards makes too. When the computer boots it will just sit there on the MB Logo screen or it will sit at the windows 10 logo screen.

If I do a hard reset or just hit the reset button. The next time it will boot fine into windows. If I run windows 7, 8, or 8.1 no problems. It is just windows 10 that gives me the problem.

The Chip set are 970 or 760g. Plus I have look at the drivers for these 3 and all have no drivers for windows 10.

The thing is if Microsoft stop support for 7 and wants every body to run windows 10. There should be a hot fix for this or just tell to you to bad to sad live with it.

:)

dmdilks, Mar 18, 2020
  2. dmdilks Win User

So far have had 3 boards do the same thing. Plus on 3 different mother boards makes too. When the computer boots it will just sit there on the MB Logo screen or it will sit at the windows 10 logo screen.

If I do a hard reset or just hit the reset button. The next time it will boot fine into windows. If I run windows 7, 8, or 8.1 no problems. It is just windows 10 that gives me the problem.

The Chip set are 970 or 760g. Plus I have look at the drivers for these 3 and all have no drivers for windows 10.

The thing is if Microsoft stop support for 7 and wants every body to run windows 10. There should be a hot fix for this or just tell to you to bad to sad live with it.

dmdilks, Mar 18, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User

Hi, did you upgrade to Win 10 manually, or via Windows Update?

If you are not offered Win 10 by WU, that's MS saying 'it's not compatible'.

However, given the variety of configurations around, you can't expect that to be 100% definitive or necessarily correct.

You should not be under the impression that older PCs are always and forever guaranteed or expected to be compatible with Win 10.

dalchina, Mar 18, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Boot problem windows on older AMD boards - Similar Threads - Boot problem older

2. Boot problem with amd 6600 xt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot problem with amd 6600 xt: Computer used to work fine - older core I7 32GB ram, win10 w a old video card. Upgraded to 6600 XT. Have a fairly good 600 watt PS. OCZ Used ddu to get rid of old settings and loaded amd drivers. What is so weird is if you boot, it will fail. Just get black screen and it...
  3. Boot problem with amd 6600 xt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot problem with amd 6600 xt: Computer used to work fine - older core I7 32GB ram, win10 w a old video card. Upgraded to 6600 XT. Have a fairly good 600 watt PS. OCZ Used ddu to get rid of old settings and loaded amd drivers. What is so weird is if you boot, it will fail. Just get black screen and it...
  4. Boot problem with amd 6600 xt

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 11 amd mother board fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 amd mother board fix: Ok struugled for weeks on upgrade after first dev build failed, then after that being told could not install due to secure boot not enabled,no matter what i tried for past two weeks i have reloaded windows10 tried again and failed one part being CSM !!! when disabled to allow...
  6. Windows 11 amd mother board fix

Windows 11 amd mother board fix: Ok struugled for weeks on upgrade after first dev build failed, then after that being told could not install due to secure boot not enabled,no matter what i tried for past two weeks i have reloaded windows10 tried again and failed one part being CSM !!! when disabled to allow...
  7. windows and white board problem

windows and white board problem: When I try to open a PDF file in ms whiteboard, I can't see any files in my documents on my computer or onedrive. I double checked the folders on my hard drive and one drive and the files are there. I just can't see them when I try to open them on whiteboard.please help and...
  8. Sound board problem

Sound board problem: Hello , I'm having problems with my computer. My computer is a HP Laptop Cs2018-nt.I had problems with windows 10 march update so i had to recovery my files and reinstall windows 10. and now my computer can't detect my sound board. There is no sound and i can't see my sound...
  9. Mother board problem.

Mother board problem.: This is AMD 2400g cpu ( 3 years old ) with Gigabyte AB350M Gaming mobo ( 1 year old ). Recently I cleaned the CPU case with brush and put back RAMS in slots and tried to switch on but PC didn't start. I removed Rams and put in another order and after some combinations PC...
  10. Cold boot problems on Windows 10- Intel and AMD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cold boot problems on Windows 10- Intel and AMD: Hey lads! I started having a weird issue on my PCs running Windows 10 Pro 1909 (Intel 8700K and AMD 2600) a couple of weeks ago. What happens is that the first boot of the day takes around 1 Minute on the Intel and doesn't even post properly until a reset on the AMD. Both PCs...