Windows 10: Boot problem

Discus and support Boot problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After pressing the power button on my computer, a black screen appears with the message "No start device: insert the boot disk and press any key". I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LindaTurner5, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Boot problem

After pressing the power button on my computer, a black screen appears with the message "No start device: insert the boot disk and press any key". I just installed updated Windows 10 and I'm using IE for a browser. Any idea how to correct this? Windows came with the unit, so I do not have any disc

:)

LindaTurner5, Jul 15, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jul 15, 2019
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jul 15, 2019
  4. Edgars Win User

Boot problem

Problem at boot up

Okey, ill try to remove my oc, but its really hard to tell if it will fix the problem, because as i said it happens randomly, not on every boot up. If its my oc, what might be the problem? My pc is also new, its almost 2 months old.

Edgars, Jul 15, 2019
Thema:

Boot problem

1. Boot problem - Similar Threads - Boot problem

2. Fix windows 7 boot problems Macrium

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Fix windows 7 boot problems Macrium: After selecting fix windows boot problems in Macrium, it is showing 2 items. One System Reserved Partition, Second Partition C where windows is installed. Nothing is default tick. So where should I tick. Other thing in the next screen it again give 4 options, like Repair MBR,...
  3. Boot Problem and Wake from Sleep Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot Problem and Wake from Sleep Problem: Some, but not all, of the time when I boot the machine I get a message stating that overclocking failed. I have never tried to overclock the machine. The temporary fix appears to be to press F1 to configure, do nothing, press F10 to exit, get a message telling me I have...
  4. "The computer restarted unexpectedly..." error after boot problems

in Windows 10 Support
    "The computer restarted unexpectedly..." error after boot problems: After updating to Windows 1903 my computer was showing the message "Reboot and select proper boot device". After following the fix listed here I ran into a new problem. The first time I booted up my SSD after applying those fixes, I was met with "Windows is updating" screen...
  5. dual booting sequence problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    dual booting sequence problem: I started with Windows Vista, which I still use 99% of the time. A few months ago I set up dual booting with Windows 10 being the second OS (to watch videos that cannot be run in Vista). At first I was given a choice during the initial bootup process, Vista or 10. Later...
  6. Boot manager problem - failure to boot - bcdedit error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot manager problem - failure to boot - bcdedit error: The machine is MSI Titan GT80 SLI running Windows 10 1903. It has 4 SSD disks, two PCIe and 2 SATA. I am only concerned about the PCIe SSD (2280 format). Here is the layout, it's disk 0 and disk 1 that are relevant. [ATTACH] Disk 0 boots just fine. I cloned the disk 0 to...
  7. Boot profile problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot profile problem: Hi, I am running windows 10 home. When I boot my computer, it tries to login with a profile called "Owner" and states the password is incorrect. I can click okay which brings up the list of available profiles. I will then select my real profile and login. "owner" is...
  8. Windows 10 Booting problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Booting problem: I believe I'm having boot problem. I recently install a new SSD 1TB (crucial MX500) to my laptop and install window 10 on to it using Microsoft Windows Creation Tool via USB. I format the drive and convert it to GPT. After windows 10 is freshly install, It takes 1 hour for...
  9. windows boot up problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows boot up problems: I have been having a problem with my computer start up. the icons and pinup will appear and disappear several times upon bootup. I posed this question before and was directed to a support team in India who reloaded windows but the problem still remains. The support person...
  10. Ryzen 3000 processor and Linux boot problems as well as Windows issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ryzen 3000 processor and Linux boot problems as well as Windows issues: Hi folks I know people even on this board use Linux hosts sometimes and run Windows as Virtual Machines. If you are using newer Linux distros and want to use a ryzen 3000 processor then read this link The Ryzen 3000 Boot Problem With Newer Linux Distros Might Be Due To...