Windows 10: Boot problems, press power on, all lights are a go, but doesnt post for 5+ mins.

Discus and support Boot problems, press power on, all lights are a go, but doesnt post for 5+ mins. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ever since this fucking update KB4556799. I power on my PC, mouse, keyboard, headset, monitor all the works power on. No issues, immediately. But my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Siyksoul, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Boot problems, press power on, all lights are a go, but doesnt post for 5+ mins.

Ever since this fucking update KB4556799. I power on my PC, mouse, keyboard, headset, monitor all the works power on. No issues, immediately.

But my fucking PC WILL NOT POST for like 5 fucking minutes. Not even an exaggeration. My PC before this update would power on and be at desktop within 10-15 seconds.

Whenever I uninstall this update. My PC boots like normal. but it fucking forces me to update every time i shut it down.

Please help.

submitted by /u/Siyksoul
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Siyksoul, Jul 12, 2020
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jul 12, 2020
  3. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    "No POST", "system won't boot", and "no video output" troubleshooting checklist

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Boot problems, press power on, all lights are a go, but doesnt post for 5+ mins.

Windows 10 PC Not waking up at all

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the issue you are facing and appreciate the steps taken to solve the issue.

I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Boot problems, press power on, all lights are a go, but doesnt post for 5+ mins.

1. Boot problems, press power on, all lights are a go, but doesnt post for 5+ mins. - Similar Threads - Boot problems press

2. Pressing Power Button Turns On Keyboard Light But Nothing Else Happens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pressing Power Button Turns On Keyboard Light But Nothing Else Happens: When I press the power button, the keyboard lights will enter some kind of loop, where they turn on and off repeatedly, but nothing else happens, no image on screen, no boot messages or image, nothing....
  3. Pressing Power Button Turns On Keyboard Light But Nothing Else Happens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pressing Power Button Turns On Keyboard Light But Nothing Else Happens: When I press the power button, the keyboard lights will enter some kind of loop, where they turn on and off repeatedly, but nothing else happens, no image on screen, no boot messages or image, nothing....
  4. FiveM crash in 5 min?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FiveM crash in 5 min?: I play about 4 months on FiveM. Since last week my FiveM crashes after about an hour and then every 5 minutes. What could be the reason? I installed it completely new yesterday. FiveM crasht alle 5 minuten?
  5. Shutdown but power button still lights up for a few mins then it's off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown but power button still lights up for a few mins then it's off: So recently, I've found out that my power button still lights up after shutting down. The thing is that it lights up for a few minutes then it's fully shutdown. I've tried the parts where you go into your power options and turning off the fast startup already but still no...
  6. HP Envy 6 WiFi Drops from 5 mins to 5 mins

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HP Envy 6 WiFi Drops from 5 mins to 5 mins: Hi guys, My HP Envy 6 laptop's WiFi connection is dropping from around 5 mins to 5 mins. I have to reconnect it manually each time. I suspect this might be an outdated driver issue. I'm aware Windows 10 isn't officially supported for my model and there aren't any win10...
  7. Experience hang in the first 5-10 mins after booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Experience hang in the first 5-10 mins after booting: Hi, I am experiencing a hang in my laptop for the first 5-10 mins after i switch it on. I have recently bought this HP laptop with 8Gb RAM and 2Gb nvidea graphic card. It is a 64 bit opersting system and has intel i5 8th gen. I am shocked that with such specifications also...
  8. dns probe finished no internet problem for 2-5 mins

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    dns probe finished no internet problem for 2-5 mins: Hi! I'm getting this eror for 2 weeks now. i don't know what causes it. while i'm surfing or playing games or watchin a movie my connection is suddenly lost and i check my browser and it says dns probe finished no internet error. but after 2 or 5 mins it returns back to...
  9. Problem with loosing the desktop and windows function after 5 mins

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with loosing the desktop and windows function after 5 mins: I have a Dell XPS that I had upgraded to Windows 10 over a year ago. Everything was going fine until today when I started the computer, Logged in and was reading a web page and suddenly my desktop and task bar dissapeared. I have been fighting this for most of the...
  10. Power light on but no boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Power light on but no boot: This has gone from bad to worse. It started with an error message when I went to close down, to the effect that the Start Button wasn't working and would reset on restart. I restarted; it didn't reset. I could use programs but the Start button still wouldn't work. I tried to...