Windows 10: Boot process hangs on OEM boot logo when attempting to install Dev Channel builds

Discus and support Boot process hangs on OEM boot logo when attempting to install Dev Channel builds in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am attempting to install build 21277 on one of my laptops which is currently running Windows 10 Home, v20H2 build 19042.685. Every time I attempt to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Daniel Liu_8057, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Boot process hangs on OEM boot logo when attempting to install Dev Channel builds

I am attempting to install build 21277 on one of my laptops which is currently running Windows 10 Home, v20H2 build 19042.685. Every time I attempt to install the build via Windows Update the laptop restarts, as usual, but then hangs at the OEM boot logo forever. One time I left it running overnight and when I woke up to check on it the next morning it STILL showed the boot logo. No loading circle, no text, no nothing. Just the OEM logo on a black screen.

When this happens I force restart my computer which makes it boot into v20H2. I've tried everything and nothing seems to work. Where do I go from here?

:)

Daniel Liu_8057, Jan 2, 2021
  2. Tenforo Active Member

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

Tenforo, Jan 2, 2021
  3. Tenforo Active Member

Windows boot logo,

Hi

Tried with suggested steps but not succeed,

still can see HP boot logo

Please suggest

Tenforo, Jan 2, 2021
  4. Tenforo Active Member
    MSI bios boot logo (frozen?)

If you have any USB device connected, disconnect for now.
    Go into BIOS:
    1. At boot time, the BIOS is checking for all devices attached to the PC, turn off the MSI boot logo under boot menu so you can see the text displayed of each step and note which device is hanging.
    2. Under Advance->Windows 8/8.1/10: Enable MSI Fast Boot so that BIOS will bypass checking most devices that are none essential for booting. This will improve the boot process. Note that this is different from fast boot that you set in Windows.
    Some third party drivers that you downloaded from the MSI website might not be up to date, try to download the latest driver(s) from the original manufacturers such Intel Chip Set, Network driver etc....

Tenforo, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

Boot process hangs on OEM boot logo when attempting to install Dev Channel builds

1. Boot process hangs on OEM boot logo when attempting to install Dev Channel builds - Similar Threads - Boot process hangs

2. Restarts for Windows updates hang at OEM logo- booting something else clears it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restarts for Windows updates hang at OEM logo- booting something else clears it: When I restart my ASUS UX303UB laptop during a Windows update it always hangs at the ASUS logo. Mashing the power button is the only option. The next start up attempt does the same thing, then on the third attempt, I get the recovery options. Nothing much here works either it...
  3. Restarts for Windows updates hang at OEM logo- booting something else clears it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restarts for Windows updates hang at OEM logo- booting something else clears it: When I restart my ASUS UX303UB laptop during a Windows update it always hangs at the ASUS logo. Mashing the power button is the only option. The next start up attempt does the same thing, then on the third attempt, I get the recovery options. Nothing much here works either it...
  4. Restarts for Windows updates hang at OEM logo- booting something else clears it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OEM logo disappeared during boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OEM logo disappeared during boot: I recently moved from mbr bios to gpt uefi windows 10, and the first thing that i noticed is, when i turn on my pc, after the bios post is finished displaying and moving to windows boot, the oem logo is gone instead of staying with the spinning dot or showing the windows...
  6. Windows hangs on Boot logo

Windows hangs on Boot logo: Hi, I have a FUJITSU SH760. Recently I decided to upgrade from WIN 7 to WIN 10. However, when I tried to do so, the PC restarts and then hangs at the Windows 10 boot logo. I did things multiple times twice from merely upgrading and 5 times on a clean install. I tried many...
  7. BOOT LOGO

in Windows 10 Customization
    BOOT LOGO: Be can change windows boot logo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-logo/10a232b8-5d4a-49bf-9920-baa899fa024c
  8. Unable to disable OEM logo during boot process

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to disable OEM logo during boot process: Hello, Re: Dell Inspiron 3670, Intel Core, i5. Windows Home 10, 1803 First, my computer takes almost 2 minutes to bootup. During the bootup process first it goes to the Dell logo screen then to the login screen. Is there anything I can do to make my computer bootup to...
  9. No windows logo when booting

No windows logo when booting: After few days of use Windows doesn't showed Windows logo when booting. So I installed Windows 10 again and problem is still exist. I checked whether I'm using no gui mode and tried sfc /scannow as well. Thank you in advance....
  10. Windows 10 Hangs in Boot Process

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Hangs in Boot Process: I am not sure how I got here but Win 10 hangs in the boot process. It hangs at the point where the login screen should be appearing. Actually it is the step before that as I don't get the picture. The system goes to a black screen and becomes unresponsive. This used to be...