Windows 10: Boot profile problem

Discus and support Boot profile problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I am running windows 10 home. When I boot my computer, it tries to login with a profile called "Owner" and states the password is incorrect. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BLKane, Jul 27, 2019.

1. BLKane Win User

Boot profile problem

Hi,

I am running windows 10 home. When I boot my computer, it tries to login with a profile called "Owner" and states the password is incorrect. I can click okay which brings up the list of available profiles. I will then select my real profile and login.

"owner" is not in the list of profiles in User Accounts. How do I get windows to boot to my primary profile?

I looked in regedit and this is what I see. "Owner" is not listed

ProfileList

s-1-5-18 profileimagepath is "systemprofile"

s-1-5-19 profileimagepath is "LocalService"

s-1-5-20 profileimagepath is "networkservice"

s-1-5-21 profileimagepath is C:\Users\{my profile name}

Thanks

Brenda

:)

BLKane, Jul 27, 2019

2. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Jul 27, 2019
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Boot profile problem :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jul 27, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Boot profile problem

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

Boot profile problem

1. Boot profile problem - Similar Threads - Boot profile problem

2. Temp profile problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temp profile problems: I have an hp envy. Keeps signing in with temp profile since yesterday. Tried safe mode and still cant get in w/o temp. Doesnt respond to keystrokes on laptop or standalone keyboard. Was there an update recently that I need to undo or rollback?...
  3. Temp profile problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temp profile problems: I have an hp envy. Keeps signing in with temp profile since yesterday. Tried safe mode and still cant get in w/o temp. Doesnt respond to keystrokes on laptop or standalone keyboard. Was there an update recently that I need to undo or rollback?...
  4. Profile and not printer problem?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Profile and not printer problem?: Relative has me troubleshooting HP 9015E not fully installing because printer does not complete registering. Have spent 4 days on phone with HP support. Printer does print and scans only using the PC app, not with HP Smart. Tried to install the complete 9015 sw but tech said...
  5. Profile and not printer problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Profile and not printer problem?: Relative has me troubleshooting HP 9015E not fully installing because printer does not complete registering. Have spent 4 days on phone with HP support. Printer does print and scans only using the PC app, not with HP Smart. Tried to install the complete 9015 sw but tech said...
  6. Profile and not printer problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Problem with User Profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with User Profile: Hello. So I wanted to reclaim some space on my SSD C:, so I tried Properties>Move on Downloads to D:. This led to my Downloads folder just holding the entire contents of D:. I tried to revert this change by the same process. What followed was Downloads having all the...
  8. Temporary Profile problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Temporary Profile problems: After update 1903 I have been logged into a temporary profile. I do not think I am competent enough to do a 'regedit'. How can I get my own profile re-instated?...
  9. Temporary profile problem?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Temporary profile problem?: Ok so I know how to fix the problem from looking on YouTube with directions as it's happened to me twice now but now the actual problem i'm having to ask here is regarding fixing my mom's name on the computer. After I finished fixing my name and restarted the computer which...
  10. Possible profile problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Possible profile problem: not aware of installing anything recently, but all of a sudden, the start menu won't select, the search bar doesn't work....also cant use right click to close running programs on the bottom bar. Plus strangely enough the mouse settings have changed. created a new user...