Windows 10: Boot/Reboot 35+ minutes Windows 10

Discus and support Boot/Reboot 35+ minutes Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've seen a lot of these online and I have tried a lot of fixes. I have run the Windows Update troubleshooter several times. Ran the scan file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Z_mann729, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Z_mann729 Win User

Boot/Reboot 35+ minutes Windows 10

I've seen a lot of these online and I have tried a lot of fixes. I have run the Windows Update troubleshooter several times. Ran the scan file checker(sfc) no errors. Windows update components in cmd. Msconfig shut off all start up except for microsoft. still have the problem. Apparently it's been this way for a year. Pc is one year old. all the hardware tests out great. the only error I have been getting is Windows update database error and Windows update components must be repaired. HELP!

:)

Z_mann729, Dec 14, 2018
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Dec 14, 2018
  3. BradWRO Win User
    Windows 10: 35 minute boot time on fast PC

Hi.

I recently upgraded my PC to windows 10. Initially (the first two days) it was rocket fast at booting up - amazingly so.

Yesterday though something must have happened because now it takes 30 minutes to boot up. When it is finally running it is super-quick and everything works. It is just the crazy long boot time that is the problem.

It displays the Windows 10 icon briefly, then goes black for 30-35 minutes. Then it starts OK.

Details (I am not a technical person sorry).

PC has a 250GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Was running Windows 7 64bit before upgrade.

I have tried:

-Disabling and updating graphics drivers (no effect)

-Defrag Hard drives.

-Full system scan x2 with Nortons.

-Disable/enable "fast startup"

-Scan disk came up clean

I have a feeling it may be something to do with the communication between the SSD and HDD but have no idea how to assess this problem.

Any suggestions would be welcome,

Cheers

BradWRO, Dec 14, 2018
  4. Boot/Reboot 35+ minutes Windows 10

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

Boot/Reboot 35+ minutes Windows 10

1. Boot/Reboot 35+ minutes Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Boot Reboot 35+

2. My windows 10 is rebooting after 10 or 15 minutes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 10 is rebooting after 10 or 15 minutes.: Computer is rebooting.*** Moved from: Microsoft 365 Insider / Outlook / Windows *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-is-rebooting-after-10-or-15-minutes/0c2f8b76-802a-4edb-a7b6-299f0d4f2cfa
  3. My windows 10 is rebooting after 10 or 15 minutes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows 10 is rebooting after 10 or 15 minutes.: Computer is rebooting.*** Moved from: Microsoft 365 Insider / Outlook / Windows *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-is-rebooting-after-10-or-15-minutes/0c2f8b76-802a-4edb-a7b6-299f0d4f2cfa
  4. My windows 10 is rebooting after 10 or 15 minutes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Boot 10 minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Boot 10 minutes: Hello,my name is Bogdan and i have a big problem my windows stays in the manufacturer{MSI}image 10 minutes till i get to the sign in image.I tried Reinstalling the windows but its not working its says the windows cannot see how much space i have on my pc{i have 1tb}.I cant...
  6. Windows 10 Freezing minutes after rebooting.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Freezing minutes after rebooting.: Hello, My Dell XPS 13 laptop was working a little bit slower than normal recently, and I saw that there was a couple of driver updates that needed to be completed so I clicked update and restart. However, it never restarted on its own. Eventually, I rebooted and it said...
  7. Windows 10 stuck "preparing windows" for 35 minutes and counting

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 stuck "preparing windows" for 35 minutes and counting: Two weeks ago, I shut down my Windows 10 laptop the normal way and today I booted it up. Now it is stuck at a light blue screen and it says "Preparing Windows" with spinning dots and refuses to move onto the login screen! It has sat there for 35 minutes now and counting! How...
  8. Disk Repair stops at 35% and then reboots and starts over

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk Repair stops at 35% and then reboots and starts over: When I reboot my computer, does a disk check (which I can skip by pressing any key--other than Spacebar, apparently) and then starts repairing drive errors. The problem is that it slowly gets to 35% and then reboots my PC and starts over. I've been dealing with this by...
  9. Windows update stuck at 35%, cannot reboot in safe mode/repair

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update stuck at 35%, cannot reboot in safe mode/repair: Hello. Thanks for taking the time to help me out Just want to put it out there immediatly, it's my girlfriend's laptop so I am not 100% sure of everything that was done for this problem to occur. She told me she was updating the computer, and it seemed stuck at 100%...
  10. Windows 10 reboots when idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 reboots when idle for a few minutes: My ASUS All-in-one PC running windows 10 was shut down for 6 weeks while I was travelling. When I turned it on a few days ago the background screen was different. Now it reboots after being idle for a few minutes. I tried all I know with power management settings,...