Windows 10: Boot Screen keeps appearing on second monitors

Discus and support Boot Screen keeps appearing on second monitors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Whenever I start my PC the boot screen where I have the ability to go into BIOS always appears on my vertical second monitor. I am using 2 DP from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SirZoiid, Feb 8, 2021.

1. SirZoiid Win User

Boot Screen keeps appearing on second monitors

Hi,

Whenever I start my PC the boot screen where I have the ability to go into BIOS always appears on my vertical second monitor. I am using 2 DP from my nvidia graphics card. I made sure the monitors are set propoerly on the NVIDIA control panel and also on the display settings on windsws. If my second monitor is turned off while I start my pc, its fine. What can I do so it appears on my primary monitor instead?

Thank you for the help

:)

SirZoiid, Feb 8, 2021

2. Second monitor appears pixelated sometimes

Before we get started, here might be some setup information that may be worth noting. My primary monitor is a 1080p, 1920 x 1080 (native) using an HDMI to DVI. My secondary monitor is a SONY TV 1360 x 768 (native) using an HDMI. Both are connected to my graphics card and not the motherboard. I have always had this setup but I have not always had this issue.

Preforming the following actions may cause my second monitor to appear pixelated.
    • Getting a web browser out of maximized mode by click dragging the window or using the restore button
    • Using full screen on the secondary monitor
    • Dragging a window into the second monitor, sometimes

In order to temporarily solve this issue I must apply a change to any display using the Nvidia Control Panel. Using the Windows display settings to apply a change does not always fix the issue. Also note that after the second monitor goes pixelated, my computer does not detect a change in any display's resolution settings.

So far I have tried the following fixes to no avail
    • Keeping display drivers up to date
    • Using a DDU to wipe display drivers clean and start anew
    • Using the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter

I have tried to use capture software to screenshot the pixelation but it can not see it. I have to use a camera to show what it looks like instead.
    Before:

Boot Screen keeps appearing on second monitors [​IMG]

After:

Capture software is not capable of detecting the pixelation so I have recreated what it looks like on screen. Use this as reverence if the pictures look bad.
    Before:

After:

Tjaekazuta, Feb 8, 2021
  3. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Boot Screen keeps appearing on second monitors

Project Second screen constantly appearing.

Hi Norga,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Let us know some more information so that we can diagnose and troubleshoot the issue in a better way:

• what is the exact issue that you want us to help with? Do you want to get help in projecting a second screen or to remove the popup?
    • As you've said " I tried unsuccessfully to project a screen", do you wish to project a second screen currently?
    • What happened exactly when you tried to project a second screen? Did you receive any error message or any error code?
    The popup comes as the system might not be able to detect the monitors. I suggest you to update the Display drivers, it may force the system to detect the available monitors. Here is the steps:

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Locate the driver and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.

Reply with the information and we'll be happy to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

Boot Screen keeps appearing on second monitors

1. Boot Screen keeps appearing on second monitors - Similar Threads - Boot Screen keeps

2. Mouse to second monitor screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse to second monitor screen: Hello! I'm using ASUS Vivobook laptop and I have a second screen. I can move my mouse to the second screen however, there's a delay of like 2-3 seconds and a blue spinning light appears on my mouse when I put my mouse on the edge of the screen to hover to the second screen....
  3. Mouse to second monitor screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse to second monitor screen: Hello! I'm using ASUS Vivobook laptop and I have a second screen. I can move my mouse to the second screen however, there's a delay of like 2-3 seconds and a blue spinning light appears on my mouse when I put my mouse on the edge of the screen to hover to the second screen....
  4. Fullscreen border appears on second monitor - no fix?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fullscreen border appears on second monitor - no fix?: This is driving me absolutely insane and I can't find a solve anywhere - pleaaaaaase can somebody point me to a fix? Some, not all, programs extend to my second monitor when in fullscreen. Discord and Star Wars Battlefront 2 are the main 2 programs (BF2 does so in fullscreen...
  5. Second Monitor keeps blinking on and off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor keeps blinking on and off: When I connect my laptop ASUS - windows 10 to a second monitor Dell S2340LC it's working sometimes but after a few minutes or when I maximize a software google chrome on my second monitor it turns off then on then off. It just keeps on turning on and off. What do you think is...
  6. Why is my second monitor appearing blurry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is my second monitor appearing blurry: I have just plugged in a second monitor to my pc and for some reason it appears as blurry I am using windows 10 and I am unsure as to what to do as I have tried to scale dpi chance the resolution and lots of different options such as updating display adaptors, however it is...
  7. Desktop icons appearing on second monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icons appearing on second monitor: As my title suggests, I am trying to troubleshoot an issue where my desktop icons are appearing on the wrong screen. I have my primary display set correctly in settings however, the icons continue to appear on the wrong monitor. This isn't a huge concern to me, but it is more...
  8. Second monitor appears pixelated sometimes

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor appears pixelated sometimes: Before we get started, here might be some setup information that may be worth noting. My primary monitor is a 1080p, 1920 x 1080 (native) using an HDMI to DVI. My secondary monitor is a SONY TV 1360 x 768 (native) using an HDMI. Both are connected to my graphics card and not...
  9. Second monitor black screen.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor black screen.: I have tried downloading multiple drivers to solve my monitor issue. I am trying to connect my external monitor. Having a laptop my main display works. My HDMI works correctly because using the same set up has worked with my TV screen. The monitor works fine with the other...
  10. Red/Blue Dots appearing on second monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Red/Blue Dots appearing on second monitor: Hi, I am facing a strange problem. I have installed Windows 10 recently on my new PC. The problem I am facing is that the HDMI connected Samsung TV (which is the second monitor) is showing up red/blue dots across the screen. Initially, i thought it might be a graphic...