Windows 10: boot-sector virus.

Discus and support boot-sector virus. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; so this thing lives in the X: Boot partition and I have been going at removing it for quite some time and no worky, I tried complete format, low-level... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rev.Eng, Aug 17, 2021.

1. rev.Eng Win User

boot-sector virus.

so this thing lives in the X: Boot partition and I have been going at removing it for quite some time and no worky, I tried complete format, low-level format, deleted "system volume information" it did seem to help, I dont think the virus is active anymore, updated BIOS from Bios update utility but my pc still seems to show symptoms a bunch dllhosts.exe come up with every reboot and on every click on a random executable. I checked with active boot disk, the boot code says its legit but the copy boot sector doesnt match primary. I am running out of ideas on how to get rid of this thing. I'v

:)

rev.Eng, Aug 17, 2021
  2. Mussels Win User

boot sector virus maxtor 6E040L0

i dont even know what a guttman wipe is.

What 'virus' problem are you having?

edit: dont double post, use edits instead.

Your trojan problem isnt coming from your ram or hard drive. trojans are not a boot sector virus. What XP disk are you using, and what service pack is this disk.

Mussels, Aug 17, 2021
  3. boot sector

Hi,
    I have recently been having very frequent blue screen of deaths. So i started up my virus scanner in safe mode and i see it says 1 error. Boot sector of disk reading error. Cause this possibly be the problem on why i am getting blue screens of death. How do i fix my boot sector. I am running windows vista ultimate 64bit.

binsky3333, Aug 17, 2021
  4. Mussels Win User

boot-sector virus.

boot sector virus maxtor 6E040L0

boot sector viruses are extremely rare these days.

You tried formatting the disk?

Mussels, Aug 17, 2021
Thema:

boot-sector virus.

1. boot-sector virus. - Similar Threads - boot sector virus

2. Booting after moving boot sector.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting after moving boot sector.: Hello all, thank you for your time!I've just moved the position on my Windows C: partition from about 300GB away from system partition to right next to it.There was previously a partition there containing old junk from a file transfer a few weeks ago.I deleted the partition...
  3. Booting after moving boot sector.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booting after moving boot sector.: Hello all, thank you for your time!I've just moved the position on my Windows C: partition from about 300GB away from system partition to right next to it.There was previously a partition there containing old junk from a file transfer a few weeks ago.I deleted the partition...
  4. Booting after moving boot sector.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Problems with boot sector

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with boot sector: Recently I bought and SSD to upgrade from my HDD. I had window installed on the HDD and when I went to install windows on the SSD, I didn't unplug the HDD so windows assigned the boot sector for the SSD to the HDD. Now I want to delete the windows installation from my SSD,...
  6. Boot Sector on Wrong Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot Sector on Wrong Drive: Recently I bought and SSD to upgrade from my HDD. I had window installed on the HDD and when I went to install windows on the SSD, I didn't unplug the HDD so windows assigned the boot sector for the SSD to the HDD. Now I want to delete the windows installation from my SSD,...
  7. Missing Boot Sector

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing Boot Sector: Hello, I have gotten into some complications with my Windows 10 install with missing a boot sector after performing these steps:- 1. Cloned my Windows installation with Acronis True Image tool from my hard drive to my m.2 SSD 2. Deleted partitions and formatted the hard...
  8. Boot sector

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot sector: In someone reason boot is maked on disk 1, not in disc 0????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-sector/c24b6009-9c7b-4b82-957d-e41eb5ecbc2b
  9. Laptop attacked by boot sector virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop attacked by boot sector virus: A.V.G. Free anti-virus app turned my Defender off on Windows 10, after me trying to uninstall this app, my laptop was fried by a boot sector virus, due to no protection and multiple boot ups, contacted A.V.G. they say it was not their platform that caused this problem,...
  10. Loss of computer boot sector.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Loss of computer boot sector.: Hi, I have a very important problem. My computer lost all of it's data after I shut it down, because of lag. It sent me to Automatic Repair, and I tried restarting/shutting down the computer, and it done the same thing. I tried all of the ways to repair it. I even tried...