Windows 10: Boot Sequence doesn't have an SSD Option for Boot

Discus and support Boot Sequence doesn't have an SSD Option for Boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there,I hope you are doing well :I am using Dell Vostro-14 which came with 500 GB of HDD. Recently, I decided to go for an SSD 128 GB. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Muhammad Haseeb_250, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Boot Sequence doesn't have an SSD Option for Boot

Hi there,I hope you are doing well :I am using Dell Vostro-14 which came with 500 GB of HDD. Recently, I decided to go for an SSD 128 GB. I have formatted the SSD.Installed Windows 10 Pro on SSD with USB Drive.Deleted the HDD partitions and make 2 new partitions.But the BIOS is still booting from HDD and not showing SSD as a boot sequence option. Would anyone here please help me with this?Regards,Haseeb

:)

Muhammad Haseeb_250, Jul 4, 2021
  2. Josef Bri Win User

Re: All boot options are tried...

Hi Elda,

If the boot sequence didn't work, then we suggest try running the laptop in safe mode. To do this, here's a few steps to follow:

• Power down your laptop.
    • Turn it back on again.
    • When you turn it back on, press F8 repeatedly until the power on option appeared.
    • If you see the boot option "Safe Mode with Networking", choose that option.
    • See if you can boot up in Safe mode.

We'll look forward to your response.

Josef Bri, Jul 4, 2021
  3. Jerry8AB Win User
    Boot Sequence Windows 10

Boot Sequence –

I am trying to change my boot sequence to where my optical drive is the first option for my Repair Disk.

When I go to the menu listing my boot sequence, I get:

Boot Option 1 Windows Boot Manager

Boot Option 2 Onboard NIC (IPV4)

Boot Option 3 Onboard NIC (IPV6)

These are the boot options I get with the Repair Disk either in or out after I go through the restart process. How do I get the boot process to recognize the Repair Disk as the first option?

Thanks,

Jerry

1/5/17

Jerry8AB, Jul 4, 2021
  4. Boot Sequence doesn't have an SSD Option for Boot

All boot options in boot sequence in brackets and disabled

Hi Barton,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) The first thing you have to do is restart your computer and enter the BIOS.

2) Now that you are in the BIOS, the tough part is finding the boot order section. Note that there are not a ton of options in a BIOS, so just go through every page if you have to until you see something
    like First Boot Device, Boot Order, Boot Management, Boot Sequence, etc.

To change boot order

It may also be under Advanced BIOS Features or Advanced Boot Options. In the above screenshot, it’s under Advanced BIOS Features. Use the arrow keys to navigate.

change boot sequence

As you can see, there is a First, Second and Third Boot Device. Scroll down and use the arrow keys to change the device to HDD (hard drive), Floppy, CDROM, or Network. You could also have a BIOS that looks
    like this:

Change boot order sequence

The instructions for changing the boot order are in the sidebar, but usually it requires pressing the + or – buttons to move items up and down in the order list. The first item in the list is what will
    be scanned first when booting. If boot media is not found, it will try the second device and so on

Finally, go to Exit and make sure you choose Yes to the Save configuration changes and exit now.

If the issue still persists, you can go to the computer manufacturer and updates the BIOS.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Anil Madishetty, Jul 4, 2021
Thema:

Boot Sequence doesn't have an SSD Option for Boot

1. Boot Sequence doesn't have an SSD Option for Boot - Similar Threads - Boot Sequence doesn't

2. HDD/SSD Not Showing in Boot Sequence

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD/SSD Not Showing in Boot Sequence: I use Dell Inspiron 15 5559SATA 3 HDDDue to some physical issues my SATA/HDD Connector's Lid is damaged... So I can't connect my HDD there. So I decided to setup Caddy in my laptop.My laptop have SATA 3 Connection in Optical Drive so Keeping that in mind I ordered a Caddy...
  3. HDD/SSD Not Showing in Boot Sequence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD/SSD Not Showing in Boot Sequence: I use Dell Inspiron 15 5559SATA 3 HDDDue to some physical issues my SATA/HDD Connector's Lid is damaged... So I can't connect my HDD there. So I decided to setup Caddy in my laptop.My laptop have SATA 3 Connection in Optical Drive so Keeping that in mind I ordered a Caddy...
  4. HDD/SSD Not Showing in Boot Sequence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Boot sequence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot sequence: Is there a downloadable tool out there, that will allow me to follow my Windows 10 boot sequence? My PC seems to freeze up during the boot sequence somewhere. I remember with the older versions of Windows, there was a way to follow the boot sequence....
  6. Boot sequence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot sequence: Is there a downloadable tool out there, that will allow me to follow my Windows 10 boot sequence? My PC seems to freeze up during the boot sequence somewhere. I remember with the older versions of Windows, there was a way to follow the boot sequence....
  7. Boot sequence

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows 10 doesn't have boot option

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 doesn't have boot option: Today I tried to install Ubuntu through USB and after turning off my windows 10 I clicked multiple times F12 button for opening the boot options and it did. But the problem is there is no any option for choosing the boot option. Please help me. submitted by /u/MohShameem12...
  9. SSD and HDD boot sequence off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD and HDD boot sequence off: I have a peculiar problem. I have a dell Inspiron 3521 laptop. It was running windows 10 as primary OS and Ubuntu as secondary with grub as boot manager. I got frequent BSODs so thought may be the HDD was dying so removed the HDD and replaced it with an SSD and did a clean...
  10. SSD & HDD Boot Up Sequence Wrong

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD & HDD Boot Up Sequence Wrong: On Update 1803 it completely trashed my setup. I had windows 10 on my 500gb Crucial SSD and my original HDD was a storage drive. When I went to update to 1803 I was then informed that I didn't have enough space on my SSD to perform and update.... which was strange since...